• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

dread_nought

Neo Member
take this with a grain of salt, according to one of my local retailer, the collector edition of God Of War 2018 would include the following items:

1. Game disc;
  2. 9" statute of Kratos and Artreus;
  3. Huldra Brothers Carving
  4. Necklace and Drawstring bag
  5. Exclusive Lithograph
  6. Cloth map
  7. Death's vow Armor Set
  8. Exile's Guardian Shield
  9. Dark Horse Comic;
  10. Dark Horse Artbook;
  11. Dynamic Theme.

However, he could not give me the release date for this game.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Been watching some gameplay of this, am really hyped.
The variarty in locations, enemies and different gameplay situations looks fantastic and its all done to a very high quality. I hope the combat feels has good as it looks, has anyone here played it?

The variarty in locations, enemies and different gameplay situations looks fantastic and its all done to a very high quality. I hope the combat feels has good as it looks, has anyone here played it?

I don't think anyone from even the media has played it yet... We've yet to see any hands on impressions that I'm aware of.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
New Kratos and Atreus statue

god-of-war-statue-sony-903332-03-1070222.jpeg

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Also the ESRB description of God of War has been released (features some spoilers)

“This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of half-human, half-god-like Kratos as he battles supernatural forces with his son. From an over-the-shoulder perspective, players travel through the Norse wilderness and use axes, double-chained blades, and swords to battle various enemies (e.g., rival gods/demigods, monsters, dragons, skeleton warriors). Combat is frequent and often bloody, with characters punching and kicking each other repeatedly, using bladed weapons to slash/stab/impale enemies. Larger enemies and bosses are dispatched in more intense sequences of violence: Kratos slashing and stabbing a dragon’s tongue; a character using an axe to hook and tear off an ogre’s jaw. During one sequence, players decapitate (off-screen) an imprisoned character and carry the severed head around; headless corpses also appear in other screens. The words “f**k” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.”

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...war-ps4-gameplay-details/#3rZ05FyelFWu7RZs.99

Artistic

What makes this game different from the original trilogy?

Haven't seen much outside of the initial reveal trailer a few years back.

25-35 hours of gameplay must mean it has some RPG elements I'm guessing?

What makes this game different from the original trilogy?

Haven't seen much outside of the initial reveal trailer a few years back.

Game is really different than previous GOW games. Game is slower, combat is slower, world is bigger, more exploration, you now have a buddy support.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

Game is really different than previous GOW games. Game is slower, combat is slower, world is bigger, more exploration, you now have a buddy support.

You still think , I think the new god of war is just a "hack and slash" lol.

Brock2621

This game is going to be the cat’s pajamas. With cory’s New-found inspiration and passion for story telling after working with George Miller and having kids, I think this is easily going to rival some of the most touching and action spectacle moments in Uncharted series

God Enel

I just wanna do Kratos things. Rippin' heads off. Tearing enemies apart and shit like that. That Golden State Ad made me hyped as hell.

Top Bottom