• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/903047295809331204
The God of War runes have been deciphered: "Höðr's Wicked Bite."

A sampling of concept art, as promised...

thanks to Gematsu for the links

God-of-War_2017_08-30-17_001.jpg

God-of-War_2017_08-30-17_002.jpg

God-of-War_2017_08-30-17_003.jpg

God-of-War_2017_08-30-17_004.jpg

Neith

Banned
I can't wait to see what this engine is capable of. No other studio outside of Sony makes me feel this way game to game. I'm just glad we have a Pro to experience the first party games.

I can't wait to see what this engine is capable of. No other studio outside of Sony makes me feel this way game to game. I'm just glad we have a Pro to experience the first party games.

Don't get your hopes too high. Don't expect anything more than upped resolution from checkerboarding from Sony First Party studios. The more games release, the more they prove how they barely give any importance to their own new console whereas multiplatform games do better job than them in supporting it.

FelipeMGM

Santa Monica Studio is doing a God Of War podcast with the story behind the ''The Lost Pages'' and also behind the scenes interviews with the devs

Listen along as we reveal missing pages from the Prose Edda, the ancient manuscript containing all of Norse myth.

It is whispered that these “Lost Pages” tell the story of a mysterious god and his son as they embark on a perilous journey across the realms.

Join host Jason Weiser to hear these tales alongside interviews with the team behind God of War.

On episode 1 the interview is with the game creative director Cory Barlog and Story Lead Matt Sophos

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/god-of-war-ps4/?module=lost-pages&component=podcast

CheckMate

If this game is coming out early 2018, and the actual release date will be at the next "big" conference in December. Is 3 months (Assuming it's March) enough to market the game?

xviper

i believe that the game will actually come out in Q2, Sony tends to release their big exclusives in the first half of the year, Q1 is unlikely

i just hope they don't make it The God of war of us, i just want my bloody executions and amazing large boss battles

we already have a shitty TLOU clone coming next year

i believe that the game will actually come out in Q2, Sony tends to release their big exclusives in the first half of the year, Q1 is unlikely

i just hope they don't make it The God of war of us, i just want my bloody executions and amazing large boss battles

God of War has a long history of games releasing in March and Sony released Horizon: Zero Dawn in February this year.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Sony usually releases stuff in both February and March. I'd say Q1 is very likely.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Sony released Infamous Second Son in March 2014, The Order: 1886 in February 2015, Bloodborne in March 2015 and Horizon Zero Dawn in February 2017.

Based on that and the history of God of War releases, it's not a question of "if" but "when" in March it will be released. My guess is March 20th.

Shitty TLOU clone? You mean Days Gone? If so, Days Gone will be the game that puts Sony Bend on the map and will be one hell of a game. It will be the game that elevates Bend to the next level in the same way that Horizon elevated Guerrilla Games from being the Killzone developer to something a lot more.

FelipeMGM

actually Q1 is very likely looking back in history, but I guess they could internally delay it a month or two for quality reasons

also, the game was one of Sony tentpoles at Gamestop Expo which is a venue focused on showing games to retailers of the chain so they can finalize their shipment orders for such games. They usually focus on Q4 and Q1 games there, so thats a good sign too

God of War is March. It always has been March.

Apart from Ghost of Sparta, which had a November release, but yeah all the others released in March.

I wish this was November too, just because it looks awesome and I want to play it asap lol but March seems a safe bet.

Storm1672

Neo Member
Top Bottom