• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

Also, I rewatched Halo 4 cinematicc and during the Didacts speech at the end he says, "we are Forerunners, guardians of all that exists."

Bobby_Sullivan

Neo Member
Are there going to be any actual reveals at E3 at this point?

All 343 has to do is take the COD out of the game and give us a Halo 3/Halo 2 multiplayer ranking system. It's simple.

That top character being Cortana makes a lot of sense. I feel like that blue light beaming out of the helmet is just screaming "yup, I'm her"

At the beginning of Halo 4 wasn't an ONI officer essentially trying to figure out how to create another master chief? Bonding a Cortana AI to a suit, fullmetal alchemist style, might be what happened.
It's not Cortana.

Bsigg12

Are there going to be any actual reveals at E3 at this point?

Maybe that's why they're doing this the way they are. Make us think they're announcing all their big guns before E3 with the idea left we'll see them again at E3 but with little or no surprise left but then hit us with some curve balls that break so hard no one saw them coming.

Smokey

I can honestly say I will personally be shocked to my core if I find out they aren't bringing back a ranking system.

Come on... it worked, it was fun, it kept us playing longer, it kept us wanting to get better. The only negative was people "trying" to cheat (which wasn't that big of a case in Halo 3) and maybe some nerds boosting or leveling accounts for money. I can't imagine that being such a deal breaker that you decide to forever take out any type of good ranking system.

It's time to move away from EXP

This

My friends and I played a TON trying to get to that next ranking milestone. Just because some people abused it doesn't you mean you remove it and pander to the COD kiddies. This is honestly one of my issues since Reach and I feel my chest starting to hurt just talking about this !

Seik

Banned
Semi-hyped, Fall 2015 is faaaaaar away.

They need to announce some games to build hype and to get people to buy consoles, I know, but it would've felt better this being announced at E3 2015.

As I said after Halo 4 (which I liked by the way, I thought it was great), what I want to see from 343 is more new stuff. More new enemies, more new weapons, vehicles, worlds and atmospheres we haven't seen yet, etc. I want to see more Forerunner tech. For the Covenant's involvement, I want to see their home worlds. One thing that 343 added in Spartan Ops was that giant spider like thing...I don't remember if it was Covenant or Forerunner (Covenant I think) but I want to see more stuff like that. Bungie was always pretty afraid to introduce new things to the sandbox despite creating an incredibly deep universe. I want to see 343 bring some of those things to life.

Jigolo

"start of a new trilogy"
New box art shows another character ABOVE Master Chief

Master Chief dies in this game

:(

Vinc

I'm kinda feeling the hype, guys. I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 4 (or Reach, or ODST), but they have my attention with this one. New engine... 60 FPS... them wanting to differentiate it from the other Halo games... yeah, that sounds good to me.

Wow, Microsoft means business... dropping bombs before E3.

Really makes you wonder what bombs they have in store for the actual E3 conference.

It's gonna be huge, can't wait!

Hype !

I am probably of the 10 Halo fans who actually loved Halo 4 lol.
Same dude, I adored that game. 343i did a better job making me emotionally invested in the chiefs situation more than Bungie ever did. Looked amazing and played great. I think the people who have problems with it are more concerned about the multiplayer than anything else.

I really hope this is good. Halo 4 was disappointing in so many ways. Just bring back the simple multiplayer and leveling system that rewards victory instead of xp and leveling regardless. When you saw someone with the halo ring as their level in halo 2 online you know they were legit.

Matesamo

Man, I was planning to pick up an Xbox One this holiday when Halo 5 came out, guess I can wait another year. Maybe the system will be $299 by then.

Wagram

Not sure if I want to jump back in the Halo universe just yet.

Halo 3 ODST left a very sour taste in my mouth. I still can't believe that filth was made by Bungie. How is 343?

Homeboyd

Wait, Master Chief is a girl?

Whoa.

And Palmer is Chief's son? Then who is Johnson? And why is Iron Man in the game??

Looking forward to seeing more of Cortana's story as a member of the Covenant.

I'm settling on Chief getting an upgrade.

My other thought was that he dies and is replaced, but honestly from a business perspective I don't think MS would even let 343i think of that, considering how big of an icon he is for the XBOX brand.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its awakened gene-song reclaimer guardian chief in all his new nanosuit powered glory.

Yes! I really enjoyed halo 4. It was one of my most favorite campaigns. I'm on this day one... But... 2015? The wait is so long!! I needs me hall asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom