• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Orca

I'm about an 1/8th of the bar from being 33. I keep checking the tests and there haven't been any additions since I joined. A little disappointed by that - those were pretty fun.

Firestorm

My Free Tales of Graces F shipped earlier today! Should be here in about 8 hours or so!
So how long does it take to get lightning to strike in that 3ds AR game? Been doing it for a while now...
I bought Free Fishing for a coin and then as soon as I got 15 different species or whatever it unlocked larger fish and some kinda nuke happened. Then the next fish I caught was a Fishbone. Didn't take tooo long.

EGM92

That Donkey Kong challenge seems really hard, considering the fastest speedrun is 33min, sub 1hr sounds stupid. ME3 is coming along, I think I'll be done it by thursday if I keep my pace.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Been lucky so far that there has been at least one game that I've played nearly every week. Otherwise, I don't think I'd bother either.

I just wonder what the next level will be. 30? 35? Either seems impossible at this point.

kurahadol

I won't be able to do a single challenge this week. I do have ME3 and ODST and DKC and such, however, I have 4 midterms at the start of next week. University can suck my balls.

EGM92

I'm almost done ME3, maybe another 8hrs if I do everything. I like the game but it's not what I expected it to be thus far, all this ending talk is getting to me, I've avoided spoilers but its getting harder and harder.

I'm going to do the Bionic Commando challenge doesn't seem too hard, hopefully the motion one for this week isn't hard

Baha

Lucky, I did the Bionic Commando Rearmed challenge a year or two ago. Do I have to sign up somewhere to submit PSN challenges or can I just submit it if I have my PSN ID listed in my profile?

EGM92

I did the Bionic commando challenge, took me 2hrs, the game is pretty short once you know the mechanics.

Daily

Double Fine

Baha

Got the BC:R challenge accepted, just submitted for the Heavy Rain challenge since I got the platinum for that.

EGM92

Got the BC:R challenge accepted, just submitted for the Heavy Rain challenge since I got the platinum for that.

Oh shit Heavy Rain, I'm 70% through that game, this'll give me a reason to go back to it. My screen wasn't updating the challenge.

ME3 will be done by Friday I'll probably be LVL 36 by the end of the week.

Do you get anything for participating in the game events? Tonight is BF3 on PS3/PC I'm willing to play some.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Do you get anything for participating in the game events? Tonight is BF3 on PS3/PC I'm willing to play some.
You get a code to enter for XP. I got 400xp for AC:R and 200xp for each of the TF2 ones I did IIRC. I don't know if we're allowed to share those codes so I haven't been.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the Heavy Rain achievement?

Ah, get the
bad ending
. Don't think I'm going to replay the game just to get that.

Fuzzy

What's the Heavy Rain achievement?

Ah, get the
bad ending
. Don't think I'm going to replay the game just to get that.
Perfect Crime
Clean Manfred's shop of evidence + Let Lauren, Hassan and Kramer die + Kill Madison and Jayden

Baha

Yeah... way too much work. You basically have to replay the whole game for the most part.

Hmm actually if you have chapter select after beating the game once, you can skip ahead and do it that way iirc. Should be easy if you have that at least and have a trophy guide handy.

Just got the heavy rain perfect crime trophy.
Its been a long time since I finished the game.
I followed a guide and started from the Hassans shop chapter, played through to the end and it took about 7 hours. I must admit playing through it this time while knowing who the killer is made it quite enjoyable.

EGM92

I just finished ME3, FUCK YOU BIOWARE, FUCK YOU, BURN IN HELL YOU'RE A SHIT GAME COMPANY, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING, AND KILL YOURSELF.

I also just did the Street Fighter X Tekken, so that's level 36. I'm going to work on Heavy Rain this weekend.

Daily

Blaze

RS4-

Fuck, was halfway through the perfect crime thing and I got careless with one part. Now I have to fucking start all over again from the Shop.

Horrible trophy.

I should just do DKC instead

Fuck, was halfway through the perfect crime thing and I got careless with one part. Now I have to fucking start all over again from the Shop.

Horrible trophy.

You don't need to restart all the way back to the shop.
You just need to restart the chapter which you screwed up in and redo it.
I screwed up once during the chapter where you had to wipe off the prints, but I went back to the main menu and used chapter select to try again. This only works if you enable autosave, because it keeps track of all your decisions made in the previous chapters.

Fuzzy

Horrible trophy.

The DKC one seems so stupid.
AI attempts unique solution: Dual photography. Obtain photo of game completion | filled banana horde, PLUS image of percentage (means time less than 1 hour). Tandem submission in imgur photo album or similar suitable.
It would be easy to take a picture of DK in front of the banana pile from a file that took longer than an hour and then take a picture of a new file with a time less than an hour but with a percentage that would make it seem like you beat the game in that time. So you really only need a time less than 1 hour and a percentage of something like 34% IIRC (33 levels + last boss).

RS4-

You don't need to restart all the way back to the shop.
You just need to restart the chapter which you screwed up in and redo it.
I screwed up once during the chapter where you had to wipe off the prints, but I went back to the main menu and used chapter select to try again. This only works if you enable autosave, because it keeps track of all your decisions made in the previous chapters.

Lol fuck, too late. I think I just did chapter reload at the shop and it asked me something about saves, I don't know what I selected but I'll assume it over wrote my previous one :(

I'll try it anyway by starting at Manfreds. I hope it works.

Vamphuntr

This is getting a bit boring now. It seems they don't even care about replacing depleted perks at all. The Cinema Now has been depleted since early february. The trade-in perk was never active since I became a member and no more % off preorders :/.

The only prizes left are the codes draws and the monthly perk. It seems the headphones one isn't very popular either.

Since the free game perk the site has slowed down quite a bit it seems.

This is getting a bit boring now. It seems they don't even care about replacing depleted perks at all. The Cinema Now has been depleted since early february. The trade-in perk was never active since I became a member and no more % off preorders :/.

The only prizes left are the codes draws and the monthly perk. It seems the headphones one isn't very popular either.

Since the free game perk the site has slowed down quite a bit it seems.

I don't think they anticipated being so busy so fast

RS4-

Ok got perfect crime, never again do I want to play HR or anything like it.

edit - BCR is pretty frustrating to play, mostly because of the goddawful 360 dpad

DJ_Lae

Oh man, complete disc four of Lost Odyssey is a pretty easy achievement.

Finishing the backyard battles would be a better one, although when I first saw 'Lost Odyssey' on the new challenge list, I was worried it might be the goddamn Treasure Trove achievement.

Firestorm

Yay finished LO a while back. I really wish they gave us another week for ME3 -.- I was too busy to finish the game before today. Still 23 hours in.

It is the first time a Solo Sunday cannot be done on PS3? I am a bit disapointed here... since it is the challenge of the week with the biggest XP and probably the most popular. Did it ever happen the other way around?

Top Bottom