• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

so how many of you took Kuro's advice and went to Solo Sushi Bekkan this past week?
i hope some of you did otherwise you've missed out on some great sushi

I did! I was there Wednesday night. I was a proper baka gaijin, too, fumbling around with chopsticks (seriously, I don't like them) and just being an all around embarrassment.

Like I said, I'm not really into sushi so I have no basis of comparison here (was it good? was it THAT good? was it not? I dunno). But, fwiw, I thought it was really good. I enjoyed all of it immensely. I kinda wish I had more experience with this though so I could have appreciated it better. I felt a bit out of my element the whole time. (Like, there were a couple times that I didn't even know what they were serving me. I didn't want to say anything tho so I just sat there and ate it all.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I did! I was there Wednesday night. I was a proper baka gaijin, too, fumbling around with chopsticks (seriously, I don't like them) and just being an all around embarrassment.

Like I said, I'm not really into sushi so I have no basis of comparison here (was it good? was it THAT good? was it not? I dunno). But, fwiw, I thought it was really good. I enjoyed all of it immensely. I kinda wish I had more experience with this though so I could have appreciated it better. I felt a bit out of my element the whole time. (Like, there were a couple times that I didn't even know what they were serving me. I didn't want to say anything tho so I just sat there and ate it all.)
You sit there and take it like a CHAMP!

zroid

Banned
I heard an orchestral Legend of Zelda medley on radio today :O

at first I was like, "how did one of my CDs get in the car?", before I realized what was happening

gabbo

So question for everyone: Which isp would you guys recommend? Girlfriend and I are moving into our own place and theyre not under contract with anyone. I game online (and pc game mainly so big files are a thing) and we stream most of our media. Im leaning teksavvy 100mbps/unlimited and will not play with Rogers or Bell. Thoughts?

So question for everyone: Which isp would you guys recommend? Girlfriend and I are moving into our own place and theyre not under contract with anyone. I game online (and pc game mainly so big files are a thing) and we stream most of our media. Im leaning teksavvy 100mbps/unlimited and will not play with Rogers or Bell. Thoughts?

tekksavvy is pretty much your only real choice for if you live in toronto and don't want to go to rogers/bell. if you're moving into a condo though, check out beanfield. Check out beanfield anyways in case they have started residental internet in your area (although I believe they are still limited to downtown toronto).

I think start.ca is a also good from what i've heard.

dluu13

tekksavvy is pretty much your only real choice for if you live in toronto and don't want to go to rogers/bell. if you're moving into a condo though, check out beanfield. Check out beanfield anyways in case they have started residental internet in your area (although I believe they are still limited to downtown toronto).

Oh wow, beanfield looks pretty damn good. Too bad they don't have any lower tier services though.

I'm with Teksavvy right now, and as a single guy living alone, 15/1 with 400GB is more than enough for me.

gabbo

I had seen beanfield come up in a few searches but always for business. I'll definitely look into those suggestions though.

Omlagus

Can confirm that start.ca is awesome. I've been with them for a year and a half now and no complaints. After the recent CRTC changes they actually lowered my bill 5 bucks a month and increased my cap to unlimited. That would never happen with one of the majors.

Mr. F

Banned
Cross-post from the deals thread;

Anyone in Toronto in need of Orzly screen protectors for Switch? Buying from them directly was taking forever to ship so I got it through Prime instead, and today that initial set finally showed up. Figured to check in here before sending it back, give a shout if interested

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Anyone in Toronto in need of Orzly screen protectors for Switch? Buying from them directly was taking forever to ship so I got it through Prime instead, and today that initial set finally showed up. Figured to check in here before sending it back, give a shout if interested
That the tempered glass one? I'd be interested. Then I can cancel my order with them -_-

If Kuro doesn't take up your offer or you have more then I'm down for one.

So if you live near a Loblaws and have a PC Points membership, you should check out their Easter Egg promotion. I won over $20 in PC Points through these scratch cards that you get for using coupons. I think the promotion lasts until the 15th.

I live in the GTA. Seeing house prices gets me incredibly depressed. I am still trying to get into my job to make it a full time career and Im 26. I feel like I wont be settled until Im 32.

I hate the thought of me being 32. It's so old. It's such a late start yet it feels like it's right around the corner. How are you guys doing in Toronto? My head spins just thinking about the future.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I live in the GTA. Seeing house prices gets me incredibly depressed. I am still trying to get into my job to make it a full time career and Im 26. I feel like I wont be settled until Im 32.

I hate the thought of me being 32. It's so old. It's such a late start yet it feels like it's right around the corner. How are you guys doing in Toronto? My head spins just thinking about the future.
I'm turning 36 this month. Stop complainin' and git offa muh lawn!

I got in before the housing went absolutely nuts. On one hand, my crappy place went up in value (significantly). On the other hand, I wouldn't even be able to afford my own place now...

Thats something a jabroni would say.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I've basically accepted the fact that unless I win the lottery or marry into money I won't ever own a house. Well, the other way would be if we sold the cottage. Then we wouldn't have a cottage.

Lexxism

The dream is dead.

explodet

Every time I hear someone at work talking about how they "went up to the cottage for the weekend", I wonder how they can afford a cottage when I'm trying to save up enough for a down payment on a condo the size of a walk-in closet.

soultron

Banned
Every time I hear someone at work talking about how they "went up to the cottage for the weekend", I wonder how they can afford a cottage when I'm trying to save up enough for a down payment on a condo the size of a walk-in closet.

Family cottage that's been around for a generation or two? Maybe they live outside of the city? Inheritance? Lots of stuff could make it possible. :)

explodet

Family cottage that's been around for a generation or two? Maybe they live outside of the city? Inheritance? Lots of stuff could make it possible. :)
Yeah, now that I think about it it's not the fact that a person has a cottage, it's how many persons, meaning almost everybody else but me.

Different priorities, I guess. Even if someone gave me a cottage I wouldn't know what to do with it.

krae_man

Yeah, now that I think about it it's not the fact that a person has a cottage, it's how many persons, meaning almost everybody else but me.

Different priorities, I guess. Even if someone gave me a cottage I wouldn't know what to do with it.

My Grandpa's dad could have bought an acre of waterfront land in Wasaga Beach in like the 40's, but he opted for land a couple km away from the beach since it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

So close to being rich:(

Is someone else going to bring a Switch and Bomberman to the meetup, or just me?

I got a $25 bestbuy GC for the winner.

soultron

Banned

lol I grew up poor so I felt like I was the only white kid at my school who didn't have a damn cottage.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why change the name?
Because the new station one stop north of it will be called Downsview Park station and it'll confuse people. It's stupid.

EDIT: I look forward to people who are used to getting off at Downsview getting off at the new station and being pissed off.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The wind actually ripped my umbrella apart today. (But it was an old, crappy umbrella, to be fair.)

And they brought the Stanley Cup to my store yesterday. That was pretty neat I guess.

Lexxism

It can't be Spring yet, the Leafs are still playing hockey.
67c.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The best part is my brother hasn't seen them win a game in 2 weeks because he was in Cuba during their 4 game win streak and he got back Tuesday night. :lol

The best part is my brother hasn't seen them win a game in 2 weeks because he was in Cuba during their 4 game win streak and he got back Tuesday night. :lol

I am going to be in England during the first round so I will completely miss them losing to Washington.

Top Bottom