• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New in Mueller's team for Russia probe: an expert in witness 'flipping'

ICO_SotC

This makes me concerned that Flynn, Manafort, etc are stonewalling in hopes of a pardon from Trump as a reward for their loyalty if they get prosecuted for not following subpoenas.

It's nuts that Trump got to deliver a message to Flynn back in April, while Flynn was being investigated, to "stay strong".

Flynn says Trump still in contact, told him to ‘stay strong': report
Former national security adviser Michael Flynn in April told friends that he remains in contact with President Trump despite the ongoing investigation into Flynn's contact with Russia, according to a new report.

”I just got a message from the president to stay strong," Yahoo News reported Flynn told supporters following a meal in Virginia.

Sources familiar with the conversation did not tell Yahoo the medium Trump used to deliver the message that Flynn recounted during the discussion.

Yahoo's sources added that Flynn has repeatedly dismissed the possibility of turning against Trump in exchange for leniency. He affirmed during the same conversation that he remains loyal.

That alone should be obstruction of justice.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
While Trump concentrates on keeping Flynn happy they will turn someone against him where he would never expect it. Kushner. For him life in prison is fourty years, for the other guys its a few.

Daria

Over/Under that this is about shifty financial dealings in real estate?

This guy's major cases fit that mold moreso than international espionage.

This is a guy who has been in high profile cases involving financial fraud.

My gut is Donnie is going down for something in his past with the argument that the obstruction charges were to stop the FBI from finding other things out and not Russian collusion per se.

It's always been about money laundering and shady deals with foreign governments, Russia specifically. There's a reason a lot of these busssiness are rung through Florida and it's because their real estate laws are so relaxed. Most of the business owners/buyers/sellers do not have to be reported and can be ran through shell LLCs. Money is flowing through these tunnels like water.

What is it with all the German names

America has a large population of Germans especially in the Midwest. This started because William Penn whom founded Pennsylvania under Quaker rule heavily advertised the colony in German Kingdoms which led to a large amount of German Immigration into Pennsylvania which later spread after American Independence further into the Midwest.

MogCakes

Makes me wonder if any of the GOP would attempt to assassinate one of Mueller's team in their desperation. Or try to make friendly with them and get a mole in.

We haf wayz of making you talk..

aceeyepoke.gif

Tovarisc

Makes me wonder if any of the GOP would attempt to assassinate one of Mueller's team in their desperation. Or try to make friendly with them and get a mole in.

Are we in that chapter of our spy novel yet?

I doubt anyone in Mueller's team would get friendly with members of GOP or even Dems while working on this investigation. Mueller is their point man and point of contact with rest of administration and they also have that spokesperson.

Shoeless

All of this is just building up to Trump throwing an epic tantrum and firing Rosenstein, as his opening salvo to get rid of Mueller isn't it? There's no way he's going to keep tolerating this.

Tovarisc

All of this is just building up to Trump throwing an epic tantrum and firing Rosenstein, as his opening salvo to get rid of Mueller isn't it? There's no way he's going to keep tolerating this.

If he has any shred of self preservation in him he won't fire Hot Rod, Mueller etc.

Yes, I assume system isn't totally bent out of shape and broken

Shoeless

If he has any shred of self preservation in him he won't fire Hot Rod, Mueller etc.

Yes, I assume system isn't totally bent out of shape and broken

I think his sense of self preservation is outweighed by his anger and fear. People may tell him firing Mueller is legal suicide, but he only views this situation as "Someone is gunning for me. The only way to do solve that situation is to get rid of the pursuer."

I think he's at that age where he simply can't conceive of a more subtle, strategic solution, and his New York mafiosio reflexes will kick into high gear and tell him the only workable solution is "get rid of this guy."

Are we in that chapter of our spy novel yet?

I doubt anyone in Mueller's team would get friendly with members of GOP or even Dems while working on this investigation. Mueller is their point man and point of contact with rest of administration and they also have that spokesperson.

we're already on book 2. heavy on the espionage trois

Top Bottom