• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Beth Cyra

I'm actually thinking about buying this, will probably get my ass whupped though.
807756356b7f71dbcf6431b283d570d0420bf048_hq.gif
Oh you will.

VS peeps practicevthat I have full knights where I'll play and lose 14 out of 15 matches.

Beth Cyra

So pretty much I'm a scrub in a ball vs a bunch of fucking Gundams?
Nah I'd say you're closer to a Leo piloted by anyone not a named character......so you'd be better off with a wetvpiece of paper for a shield and a spitbwad shooter against Snow White EW.

It's a ton of fun though.

Nah I'd say you're closer to a Leo piloted by anyone not a named character......so you'd be better off with a wetvpiece of paper for a shield and a spitbwad shooter against Snow White EW.

It's a ton of fun though.
God I hope I'm not trash forever, then again...I probably will be.

Beth Cyra

It can be hard to learn, be very careful using Suits you like.

Gundam Vs is a lot like Dark Souls, get crushed over and over to learn and build up that skill set.

Jumping out of the gate with Freedom or Wing Zero or any 3k suit is very hard and taking it online is disaterous because when you die you eat up the shared respawn.

So learn with lower suits when online and take on the bad dads when you have faith in your skills.

If you've never played a VS game before it might be worth it to get Extreme VS Force (if you have a Vita or a PSTV). It's a dumbed down VS game, from what I gather, but it's worth it to at least get a general idea of how they work. Though there's no online play.

Actually it'd be nice if some form of Force Mode came back, those missions were fun.

EDIT: Or since I know people are gonna say it you could import the SE Asia english releases of past VS games.

It can be hard to learn, be very careful using Suits you like.

Gundam Vs is a lot like Dark Souls, get crushed over and over to learn and build up that skill set.

Jumping out of the gate with Freedom or Wing Zero or any 3k suit is very hard and taking it online is disaterous because when you die you eat up the shared respawn.

So learn with lower suits when online and take on the bad dads when you have faith in your skills.
So pretty much level grind with a grunt suit or risk getting booted out of a match cause I suck and eat up too many respawn points with a high rated suit? This thing better have a single mode for training.

Beth Cyra

So pretty much level grind with a grunt suit or risk getting booted out of a match cause I suck and eat up too many respawn points with a high rated suit? This thing better have a single mode for training.

I would imagine it will.

Given its built around PS4 there would need to be and also previous games had things like Arcade mode you could learn your skill sets on.

Also Gundam Vs Gaf is very good and very kind, they will help you with tips and tricks on how to get good and using the games systems for stuff like Rainbow Stepping if its still in.

I would imagine it will.

Given its built around PS4 there would need to be and also previous games had things like Arcade mode you could learn your skill sets on.

Also Gundam Vs Gaf is very good and very kind, they will help you with tips and tricks on how to get good and using the games systems for stuff like Rainbow Stepping if its still in.
Oh thank god. I'm probably only playing with Gaffers any way.

Beth Cyra

I've had some pretty epic losing streaks (like 20+). Always felt bad for whoever ended up partnered with me.

I know that feeling!

There are some amazing players in the Gundam VS scene so just expect to get schooled when you first go online, it would be like picking up Counter Strike Source in this day.

That said even losing in VS can be a blast and each match is great experience with all the different suits as they really do feel good and unique so you are learning them even when losing.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
May I ask?

I like Cross Ange all for Hilda who I think is a great lesbian character, does she flirt with any of the women or is it all just Cross Ange women flirting with Athrun?

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been very active on this thread for the past week.

I don't remember Hilda ever flirt with any woman. She pretty much distrust the characters from other shows, and keep a distance from them.

In fact, I don't even know that Hilda is lesbian until I read your post. I just remember she keep saying she hate guys and distrust them. Is that reveal later in the show? I didn't take the cross Ange route in the game, so I only got to see the story till Ange unlock her karaoke laser.

Beth Cyra

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been very active on this thread for the past week.

I don't remember Hilda ever flirt with any woman. She pretty much distrust the characters from other shows, and keep a distance from them.

In fact, I don't even know that Hilda is lesbian until I read your post. I just remember she keep saying she hate guys and distrust them. Is that reveal later in the show? I didn't take the cross Ange route in the game, so I only got to see the story till Ange unlock her karaoke laser.

Its indeed true that yeah Hilda is indeed a lesbian and not only that she actually falls in love with Ange herself despite how they start out with each other.

Ange actually ends the series in one of the few Canonical three way relationships as she is a legit relationship with Hilda and Kira while they are exclusive to Ange.

Shun

Remember all fans who will be attending or following the Hobby Show in the next few weeks.

There will be a lot of cool stuff teased and finally shown off in person, including more of our new 00 10th Anniversary product releases for this year that haven't been shown off yet, the ZZ Gundam Ver. Ka prototype reveal, and some more special surprises for our various product lines. You may see some hints for the next Ver Ka., 2.0, and anniversary roll outs.

Along with the products, the Bandai booths will also be showing off the new technology we will be introducing in our future models. Improvements in balance, range of motion in joints, as well as new LED technology we will be launching in conjunction with the Perfect Grade Trans-Am Raiser, and more.

Don't worry 00 Gundam fans, the new MG Advance GN-X and 00 Trans-Am Raiser aren't the only new things for the year.

Please look forward to all the exciting news that will be shown off over the next few weeks.

Pretty happy with how this turned out, though one frustrating thing about some of these older kits is how frequently minor details, like small black and red parts are molded as a totally different color than what they're supposed to be. So then I have to use Gundam markers and that tends to get messy, especially with the red. Thankfully it turned out okay this time, but I guess I gotta make sure if any require a lot of marker to do so before getting the entire thing together.

I do one search and Amazon sends me weekly emails on Sheryl Nome figures. It's like they want me to go broke or something. I'd wind up littering my work space with the damn things.

Paltheos

Remember all fans who will be attending or following the Hobby Show in the next few weeks.

There will be a lot of cool stuff teased and finally shown off in person, including more of our new 00 10th Anniversary product releases for this year that haven't been shown off yet, the ZZ Gundam Ver. Ka prototype reveal, and some more special surprises for our various product lines. You may see some hints for the next Ver Ka., 2.0, and anniversary roll outs.

Along with the products, the Bandai booths will also be showing off the new technology we will be introducing in our future models. Improvements in balance, range of motion in joints, as well as new LED technology we will be launching in conjunction with the Perfect Grade Trans-Am Raiser, and more.

Don't worry 00 Gundam fans, the new MG Advance GN-X and 00 Trans-Am Raiser aren't the only new things for the year.

Please look forward to all the exciting news that will be shown off over the next few weeks.

Clearly this incredible likeness, although more fogged up at the show to conceal its identity.

UJYByA5.png

Pretty happy with how this turned out, though one frustrating thing about some of these older kits is how frequently minor details, like small black and red parts are molded as a totally different color than what they're supposed to be. So then I have to use Gundam markers and that tends to get messy, especially with the red. Thankfully it turned out okay this time, but I guess I gotta make sure if any require a lot of marker to do so before getting the entire thing together.

Done the build and panel lining on Zeta 2.0, just have the decals left to do.

both looking good

Laputa_94

Finished Zeta, I love the look of this kit. My only complaint it there is next to no way to get it to be able to hold the Hyper Mega Launcher.

Also heres a look at all my built kits so far. I've been slowly growing my collection since late 2014. I still have Shining Gundam along with X-1 Crossbone. (Also I'll build my action bases eventually so kits like Unicorn are not just standing.)

casiopao

Watching South Sea Alliance showing anti EFSF sentiment makes me sad that there are no Glemy type character in Zeon remnants to actually use the anti EFSF sentiment to their advantage.

If only, the Zeon Remnants allied themselves with the middle East, South Sea Alliance and Africa Continent Rebels, even EFSF would had hard time cracking the rebellion especially when they need tons of resources to rebuild their armies after OYW.

So I've finally started getting into Gunpla largely thanks to lurking around here. I've been into Gundam in general for years but never seriously considered Gunpla as I never thought I had the aptitude.

Anyway, I started with an HG RX-79 kit which I figured would be easy, and it went ok (just a straight build). I've had an HG Build Strike kit sitting around, so I decided to go with that next. I'm almost done, but the stickers are the bane of my existence right now. I did use tweezers and managed to get them "on", but I still feel like I screwed it up a bit. Not sure this is picture worthy...feel kinda embarrassed to be honest. I hope I just get better over time (considering this was only my second build). Just got some Gundam markers, so I'll probably take a shot a panel lining.

NEO0MJ

Finished Zeta, I love the look of this kit. My only complaint it there is next to no way to get it to be able to hold the Hyper Mega Launcher.

Very nice. Zeta is such a great design.

You left some neb-marks, though :p

Not sure this is picture worthy...feel kinda embarrassed to be honest. I hope I just get better over time (considering this was only my second build). Just got some Gundam markers, so I'll probably take a shot a panel lining.

Don't be shy, do it. We didn't come here to laugh at you.

But since we're here, we might as well!

Top Bottom