• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will we be having an IRC channel? Maybe we can post the channel name in the conference OTs (for example #GAF-SonyE32012, #GAF-UbisoftE32012)?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Will we be having an IRC channel? Maybe we can post the channel name in the conference OTs (for example #GAF-SonyE32012, #GAF-UbisoftE32012)?

In the past we usually just had one channel, #gaf-e3 and used it for everything.

Edit: I think this is the one we usually use.

Quote to see

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
E3 hype is starting to kick in.

TICKET! GET YOUR TICKET HERE!
62097260.jpg

winstano

Geoff Keighley's just tweeted:

"Xbox E3 briefing to include world premieres from Capcom, EA Sports, Harmonix, Square-Enix, THQ and Ubisoft."

So... Dance Central 3 confirmed?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Geoff Keighley's just tweeted:

"Xbox E3 briefing to include world premieres from Capcom, EA Sports, Harmonix, Square-Enix, THQ and Ubisoft."

So... Dance Central 3 confirmed?

Capcom, SE and THQ, huh?

World Premieres.

RE6 demo? Metro Last Light?

Seda

Seems like the best place to put it, GT has a 'promo' for the Microsoft conf.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-e3-2012/730606

Keighley says there will be "world premiere content" Capcom, EA Sports, Harmonix, Square Enix, THQ, and Ubisoft.

So at least there will be some actual game stuff.

EDIT: I'm slow

Capcom: Resident Evil 6?
EA Sports: Madden?
Harmonix: Dance Central 3?
Square Enix: Sleeping Dogs?
THQ: Metro Last Light or Darksiders 2?
Ubisoft: Rainbow Six Patriots or Far Cry 3?

Whatever "world premiere content" means.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Apple might have something up their sleeve too.

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley

Apparently Tim Cook has a world exclusive of his own next week as well!

It MIGHT be completely unrelated to E3, though.

Gartooth

I think it's a safe bet to say Nintendo will "win" since they'll be showing off a ton day "next-gen" stuff, and that's what most people love to see.

That is what I'm thinking as well. Sony will no doubt have an incredible line up of first party games for PS3 and Vita, but in the end new hardware (and software developed with the hardware in mind) is what will get people excited. The Nintendo press conference is easily the one I am looking forward to the most because it has the most to gain (and I guess lose) out of the big 3.

Clipper

Does anybody have further information on the Konami event time? Some reports are saying it will take place as part of the GTTV event while the one earlier in this thread placed it squarely on June 1. It's all quite confusing.

Hmm, I guess it is only 2 hours difference. Perhaps the show will run for two hours before the Konami part starts?

Edit: OK, this has much better information (the official press release from Spike TV). The GTTV/E3 special is a condensed, half-hour presentation shown on Spike TV. The full show will go live on gametrailers.com as soon as the show finishes streaming and this is what will include the Konami information. It's not clear whether Konami is doing their own event at all any more.

Edit 2: Due to this image, I updated the times in the second table:
e3events2012.png

jacksrb

Guys, if your work filters out most gaming and social sites, yet you would like to watch the streams live, is there another url, etc. to catch streams like GameTrailers.

Any help would be appreciated. Specifically, for the MS conference on Monday.

Also, Rosti - fantastic OP.

BY2K

Membero Americo
GAF has been going down once a day almost like clockwork.

Is it maintenance to prepare GAF for E3 or... ? Because I'll really concerned GAF won't be able to handle E3.

Dambrosi

Banned
Honestly, I don't even think GAF will survive E3 minute -15, the way these 500 and 503 errors are coming thick and fast. A nod from the mods about the issue would be nice, jus' sayin'.

when are E3 pics of the sets/booths and etc released/taken/set up? the ones before the show, just the day before or a couple days before

lol at the guesses people come up with, awesome

Omiee

Is it just me or are games being announced left and right for the vita.

man as a vita owner i cant wait to see what kind of support it will get next week.

already got metal gear solid collection and littlebigplanet pre ordered.

really hope we can get some good new ip's

B.K.

so MS conference on Spike, Sony on G4, and Nintendo is on?

Sony is on G4? Will there be a livestream online? I want to see Sony's press conference and it's the only one at a time that I will be home, but I don't have G4 anymore DirecTV dropped it. E3 is the only time of year I miss it.

Clipper

Sony is on G4? Will there be a livestream online? I want to see Sony's press conference and it's the only one at a time that I will be home, but I don't have G4 anymore DirecTV dropped it. E3 is the only time of year I miss it.
Of course there will be live streams. It'll be on the Playstation Blog, IGN, Gamespot, G4tv.com and several other places.

Konami conference is the next pre-E3 event, right?

Technically, the Spike/GTTV Special is first (see the chart above). It seems like that might be Konami stuff too, though.

Top Bottom