• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Very informative and classy post. I read everything and enjoyed the work you put into it. Just classy. Great job, Rösti.

Does anybody have further information on the Konami event time? Some reports are saying it will take place as part of the GTTV event while the one earlier in this thread placed it squarely on June 1. It's all quite confusing.

Hmm, I guess it is only 2 hours difference. Perhaps the show will run for two hours before the Konami part starts?

Edit: OK, this has much better information (the official press release from Spike TV). The GTTV/E3 special is a condensed, half-hour presentation shown on Spike TV. The full show will go live on gametrailers.com as soon as the show finishes streaming and this is what will include the Konami information. It's not clear whether Konami is doing their own event at all any more.

Edit 2: Due to this image, I updated the times in the second table:
e3events2012.png
What websites are streaming the conferences?

Anybody know of any places streaming the conferences via Livestream, or other mobile-friendly venues?

I hate G4, but at least they had a solid E3 app with quality conference streaming.

Crap I will be driving back on Monday from a wedding. Will be monitoring GAF on the road. I can't believe E3 is this close- I have been in a very serious D3 addiction and it's great to be completely distracted so hype doesn't bring about tears when MS announces a bunch of kinect and Sony shows graphs.

Clipper

Wait wait...

So that Midnight on June 1st for the West Coast, and then 1AM, 2AM and 3AM for the rest of the US? Right?

Edit: Just read the post regarding the GTTV/Konami thing. #Confusion

Yeah, I now trust the times I changed the chart to a little more than that original time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the difference between the GT Special and GT Pre-E3?

Yager

Banned
You know, I hate being hyped because I know that once the show's over, I'll be dissapointed, but I am.

Is the Konami conference pre-recorded like last year?

I guarantee it's prerecorded because they said it will be available in multiple languages. No way that it will be live :(

"To accommodate an international audience, the show will also be available online at GameTrailers.com in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French and Japanese."

Spawnling

What websites are streaming the conferences?

• Microsoft'slive stream will take place on Monday, June 4th, at 9:30 AM PST. You'll be able to catch it over Xbox Live, on Spike TV, The Xbox Facebook Page, or on Gametrailers TV or from Xbox.com.
  • Ubisoft'slive stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 3:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their uplay website.
  • Sony's live stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 6:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.
  • Nintendo'slive stream is going to take place on Tuesday, June 5th, at 9 AM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.

Beyond the developer event's you'll be able to watch live streams of various things at E3 on the following websites. Some of these sites may consistently live stream while others may only do it for select things.

• E3's Youtube Channel This one comes most recommended by me.
  • G4TV
  • twitch.tv
  • Uplay A stream of select Ubisoft titles at various times during E3
  • IGN As a bonus, IGN will also be live streaming through their Xbox Live App.
  • Game Trailers TV This is likely to be a constant stream as this is E3's biggest streaming partner.
  • E3 Insider Suggested by VRTX Raptor.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
spawn031, THANK YOU!

Awesome post. Should be added to the OP.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Gamespot is usually pretty good for me. Last year the stream crapped out a few times which was disappointing but it's usually good.

Daeda

So Microsoft isnt an Exhibitor worth mentioning :p? (Great OP otherwise BTW)

Also, the fuck Sony.. your biggest market is Europe.. you dont do them a service by having the press conf at 3 am CET..

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So Microsoft isnt an Exhibitor worth mentioning :p? (Great OP otherwise BTW)

Also, the fuck Sony.. your biggest market is Europe.. you dont do them a service by having the press conf at 3 am CET..
Thanks for mentioning that Microsoft is missing in the exhibitor list. Of course it should be there, I simply must have forgotten about it when copying the list from Excel. Will add it ASAP.

Also, I'm too confused about the time of Konami's press conference. I followed what was said in the press release. We'll see if more accurate information can be given.

Myriadis

Man, I hate it that I always miss half of the Nintendo conference. At the time the conference starts, I'm on my way home from work, which takes 35 minutes.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
  • Microsoft'slive stream will take place on Monday, June 4th, at 9:30 AM PST. You'll be able to catch it over Xbox Live, on Spike TV, The Xbox Facebook Page, or on Gametrailers TV or from Xbox.com.
  • Ubisoft'slive stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 3:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their uplay website.
  • Sony's live stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 6:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.
  • Nintendo'slive stream is going to take place on Tuesday, June 5th, at 9 AM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.

Beyond the developer event's you'll be able to watch live streams of various things at E3 on the following websites. Some of these sites may consistently live stream while others may only do it for select things.

• E3's Youtube Channel This one comes most recommended by me.
  • G4TV
  • twitch.tv
  • Uplay A stream of select Ubisoft titles at various times during E3
  • IGN As a bonus, IGN will also be live streaming through their Xbox Live App.
  • Game Trailers TV This is likely to be a constant stream as this is E3's biggest streaming partner.

• E3 Insider Suggested by VRTX Raptor.

The youtube channel is by far, the best one out there. Not region locked, and no lag whatsoever.
Come to think of it. I can only imagine how insane those servers they have at Youtube data centres must be. So much data transferred and processed at one and the same time. No problems, ever. It's kind of mind boggling just thinking about it.

The youtube channel is by far, the best one out there. Not region locked, and no lag whatsoever.
Come to think of it. I can only imagine how insane those servers they have at Youtube data centres must be. So much data transferred and processed at one and the same time. No problems, ever. It's kind of mind boggling just thinking about it.

They must be utilizing the cell processor lololololol.

jimi_thing

Neo Member
FYI you can install the app on your Xbox for watching the press conference on Monday.

It should be on the main page of the dashboard. 'Xbox Live Event Player'.

KKRT00

Omfg Sony conference, the one that its always the most interesting, will be at 3AM ;\
Wont probably watch it live for a first time in few years, it sucks ;\

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

Was pretty shit for me last year, lagging all the time.

KKRT00

Well you don't have to sleep every night

Normally i would agree, but its Sony conference, it will be delayed at least 30 minutes and will last for 2h, so i'll get around 1h of sleep before work.
But i'll try to figure something out :p, there will be 2h break between Ubi and Sony and 2h break between other conferences, so maybe i'll get it work somehow :p

+1

Clipper

What's the difference between the GT Special and GT Pre-E3?

From my earlier research, it seems that the GTTV show (which runs for half an hour) is condensed highlights of the full stream on gametrailers.com. We also know the stream will include Konami's Pre-E3 Show reel, but it's unclear what else it includes.

Seda

From my earlier research, it seems that the GTTV show (which runs for half an hour) is condensed highlights of the full stream on gametrailers.com. We also know the stream will include Konami's Pre-E3 Show reel, but it's unclear what else it includes.

Yeah, last year the Tomb Raider trailer they aired on spike was only the first half they uploaded later to gametrailers.com.

Clipper

Actually, rereading the updated info on gametrailers.com, I think the Konami/GT Pre-E3 Show is just the Konami stuff.

The Spike/GTTV event will include highlights from that (in the same vein as Tomb Raider mentioned above) in addition to other stuff.

Seda

daffy's and Smellycats threads will go up tonight an hour before their respective (GTTV/Konami) conferences, right?

Digishine

Banned
Is this actually the first time nothing huge got leaked before E3 ?
last year we knew the ps vita name year before something else that I already forgot (lol)

Top Bottom