• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Chris R

Does Portland not have tickets available for purchase by non-season ticket holders for games later in the season? Trying to get something for Sunday Aug 20th against the Red Bulls but the game isn't showing up?

Dartastic

Does Portland not have tickets available for purchase by non-season ticket holders for games later in the season? Trying to get something for Sunday Aug 20th against the Red Bulls but the game isn't showing up?
Second half of the season hasn't gone on sale yet.

And the scary part is that we didn't have Jozy or Giovinco, and we still put 5 on Columbus.

What a performance, especially Vazquez. Making a case for newcomer of the year.

RBH

DAw2J0VUwAAFvc4

I hope so. I'm so furious at Pro right now. Clear as day handball in the box. I have no idea how that wasn't a pen. Also Dempsey has hit two people in the face so far and... nothing.

Yeah, I have no idea how he avoided a yellow (at least) on one of those elbows, tbh. Though there were a couple that looked like they should have been yellows the other way too (a late game one on Roldan in particular).

Good game though Dart

Icolin

Banned
Stoica (and his assistants) should never be let near a soccer pitch ever again.

And we need to replace our posts. Absolutely cursed.

Icolin

Banned
According to Waston, the ref called a penalty because he thought Waston punched. What the fuck?

EDIT: Here's the incident in GIF from for convenience:

ezgif-3-a22b7a4bfd.gif

Askani

Goddamn SKC is starting to piss me off. Almost 75% possession.

SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT. Eight corners. We completed 3 times as many passes as Colorado did.

What did that generate? Two shots on goal. TWO.

Give me a fucking break. Already hearing the "well the parked the buss" whining and it's bullshit. Colorado did what they needed to win. Shoot the damn ball on frame. Do something with your chances.

Unbelievable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goddamn SKC is starting to piss me off. Almost 75% possession.

SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT. Eight corners. We completed 3 times as many passes as Colorado did.

What did that generate? Two shots on goal. TWO.

Give me a fucking break. Already hearing the "well the parked the buss" whining and it's bullshit. Colorado did what they needed to win. Shoot the damn ball on frame. Do something with your chances.

Unbelievable.

That's sad dude.

Meanwhile me and the rest of Red Bulls twitter is trying to get Taxi some well-deserved pundit love.

Icolin

Banned
Robbo went pretty HAM on the ref postgame:

”We should score one of our chances but I think D.C. United came with a gameplan tonight to try and get a point, and they were gifted three by a wrong call and for me, I could say it's okay, but it's not okay. It's not okay. We're talking about professional sports now, so it's not okay."

Dude's probably gonna get hit with the hammer.

And the LA and SJ game was pretty much this GIF in game form:

ep9Vi4Q.gif

Pretty bonkers. Nice to see GDS getting into good form once again.

Clydefrog

USA U-20 playing against Saudis right now on FS1

edit: isn't this during Ramadan? I wonder if the Saudis actually fast during the day for this...

GRW810

Glad to see the Red Bulls return to winning ways last night. Comeback victory shows some steel I didn't know we had. BWP marching ever onward to a century of NY goals. If he's still around in 2018 I'm sure he'll reach it then.

Top Bottom