• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoemonk

Been playing Psychonauts, as it's the game I've owned on Steam the longest without playing. It took a while to warm up to it, but I got to Lungfishopolis last night and it finally clicked with me. The whole Goggalor schtick cracks me up.

The games have a big script usually, even by JRPG standards. Assuming that Nihon Falcom doesn't have some sort of in-house translators to start working on it asap, it will probably be at least half a year. Even with full-time work, if you want quality translations, you need some time (at least initial translation + intensive editing.)
Unless you mean the Japanese PC version. Do those still exist? I thought PCs went extinct over there.

I mean between the english versions on both platforms. I know we don't even have a date for the PS4 version, I'm just saying that I hope the PC port doesn' take took long after the PS4 version hits the west.
It will be like with FFXII, I'll have to resist the temptation of getting the PS4 version for god only knows how long.

I think he means the time between western PS4 version and western PC version. (I have no idea how the development status is for Cold Steel 3. Is it even out in Japan yet? Is there a western release date?)
...Which *could* by simultaneous actually in the best case, considering that they could work on the port while the translators and editors translate and edit the text.

That would be ideal, but I wont keep my hopes up.

Tizoc

edit: Anyone else tried using 5% codes on CDKeys? i AM trying to get MvC Inf. from there but the 5% code I get isn't accepted by the website at the checkout
I am logged in and I can't add the code.

#Regional_Pricing
H1tr6jJ.jpg

City 17

Thanks Parsnip, getting the latest NVIDIA drivers did the trick, it's weird as I'm usually hesitant to update it often since it usually does more harm than good.

Into the Pyre!

Tizoc

I just wish they included Rockman & Forte. I love that game.

Long as it is the SNES version, count me in. The music got really botched in the GBA release.
Maybe Nintendo has some kind of policy against localizing SNES games that never got an official english release or something?

Long as it is the SNES version, count me in. The music got really botched in the GBA release.
Maybe Nintendo has some kind of policy against localizing SNES games that never got an official english release or something?

That would be so petty. I think the more likely scenario is that Capcom can't be arsed.

edit: Anyone else tried using 5% codes on CDKeys? i AM trying to get MvC Inf. from there but the 5% code I get isn't accepted by the website at the checkout
I am logged in and I can't add the code.

I have bad news for you. I had the same problem a while ago and asked their support about it. They told me that the coupon is only meant for new customers and the Facebook page says that it's good for two uses. I had used the code about 10 times on my account so they told me it won't work anymore. I'm guessing this is the case for you too.

I get that they are trying to attract new customers but it makes me wonder... Is there any reason I shouldn't just make a new account and start using the coupon again? It's not like I have any attachment to my cdkeys.com account. I haven't done it yet because 5% isn't a huge amount but expensive season is coming up and every dollar saved counts.

Tizoc

I have bad news for you. I had the same problem a while ago and asked their support about it. They told me that the coupon is only meant for new customers and the Facebook page says that it's good for two uses. I had used the code about 10 times on my account so they told me it won't work anymore. I'm guessing this is the case for you too.

I get that they are trying to attract new customers but it makes me wonder... Is there any reason I shouldn't just make a new account and start using the coupon again? It's not like I have any attachment to my cdkeys.com account. I haven't done it yet because 5% isn't a huge amount but expensive season is coming up and every dollar saved counts.

Thanks for clearing it up. Guess I'll just create another account via my other e-mail and grab MvC I using it XD

Just started Torment Tides of Numenera. I like how they give you two companions to start, then say "pick the guy who clearly hates you, or the chick who will very likely betray you!" Luckily, they give me the option to pick neither. I would have liked both to keep each other in check, but there was nothing I could do to get that option. So I'm goin' it alone.

Amzin

I started playing Mad Max finally recently, and while it is enjoyable, making progress on car upgrades seems really slow. Which is odd because so much of it seems to be about the car and customizing it. I'm 11 hours in or so and I have essentially no options still.

Mivey

Just started Torment Tides of Numenera. I like how they give you two companions to start, then say "pick the guy who clearly hates you, or the chick who will very likely betray you!" Luckily, they give me the option to pick neither. I would have liked both to keep each other in check, but there was nothing I could do to get that option. So I'm goin' it alone.
That's explained later, you can never have both in the party at any moment.
And it's kinda your fault, even though you didn't consciously do anything. They were a pair, and on the brink of ending their relationsihp, and you sorta pushed them overboard, by emotionally manipulating them on a telepathic level. (That's what castoffs kinda do)

fertygo

Anyone want to split buy Killer Bundle X from bundlestar with me before time run out?

I only want Regicide and maybe Aarklash from there

edit: deals done, thanks arts!

dex3108

I just ordered Logitech G502 Proteus Core for 50+ euros. For me that is a great deal because here at my place costs almost the double of that XD

Tonton

So Fate/Extella has been at the top of the Steam top sellers just behind PUBG for almost an entire day and the game has the highest concurrent users of any XSEED game at 2,938 (previous highest was Estival Versus at 1,088) AND it's their most expensive game at $50 while also having DLC
This might be their best release in quite a while

I do feel a bit happy for them because it feels like they've been having nothing but bombas after Shinovi Versus but at the same time i'm still mad at the price proposition compared to the Switch version lol

Hopefully Cold Steel and Ys SEVEN are also a success for them (no way Zwei is not bombing hard)

Hektor

SuperGiant did it again.

What a lovely, beautiful and unique game.

I can safely say i've never played anything quite like it, i hate sports games yet i found it very fun and engaging, the RPG mechanics are nothing to write home about tho

The other half of the game is made of of what is basically just a visual novel, but it is rather well written and the characters are fun and interesting, shoutout to Ti'zo and Greentail.

The art is amazing and the story while nothing overly complex does a good job, not unlike their past two games.

Only thing i'm disappointed by is that the Soundtrack is a bit more subdued this time around.

I haven't played it, but i think the local multiplayer can also be very entertaining if you happen to have someone to play it with.

3/3 for SuperGiant

SuperGiant did it again.

I can safely say i've never played anything quite like it, i hate sports games yet i found it very fun and engaging, the RPG mechanics are nothing to write home about tho

The other half of the game is made of of what is basically just a visual novel, but it is rather well written and the characters are fun and interesting, shoutout to Ti'zo and Greentail.

The art is amazing and the story while nothing overly complex does a good job, not unlike their past two games.

Only thing i'm disappointed by is that the Soundtrack is a bit more subdued this time around.

I haven't played it, but i think the local multiplayer can also be very entertaining if you happen to have someone to play it with.

3/3 for SuperGiant
I didn't like their previous two games so I guess I won't like this one either?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I enjoyed the art, music and writing of Bastion and Transistor but not much else. Never finished either one.

I've fallen in love with Pyre, though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

SuperGiant did it again.

3/3 for SuperGiant

I played this for a few hours last night but I didn't get the same impression. I felt like the "combat" / "sports" thing they created was really slow and uninteresting. The visual novel aspect was made worse (in my opinion) by the pseudo-voiceovers that are done in gibberish. The characters are somewhat interesting but ultimately forgettable. The game's only saving grace was it's excellent soundtrack although as you mentioned it's a bit muted compared to Bastion or Transistor. I loved their first two games so this was an instant pre-order for me, but I'm actually regretting it.

2/3 for SuperGiant, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom