• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

IF they get caught by Tora, they will get banned from Twicht, No?

Tora can put an official report from Konami I guess, that should be enough for a immediate temp ban/warning.

Hey guys, I'm sorry for bothering but I have a question and hope someone here can answer.
I've asked it in another thread but got a lot of different answers

I'm stuck with last gen and I want to get the disc version of the game, does anyone know how much HDD space is required for the game?( not to install the game but Ground Zeroes required 1.7GB so I assume this will need something too) And does it need to be installed in the HDD or can a USB be used?

Robert tweeted something around 5500MB install size from disc.

aqarPkP.gif

LMAO, thanks was just about to post some

MajorTom

People in the chat are so proud of the fact that they're reporting the streams to Twitch. I do not get it. Like, I can kind of understand the mindset in which a report would be filed, but I don't see why you would announce it.
I'm all for no one streaming it yet (spoilers) but there's no need to brag about it

Strazyplus

I will be wanting to join NeoGAFs community for FOB bases. outer GAF as we form a team to defend each others FOBs :D http://steamcommunity.com/id/Strazytski/
Invite sent.
Thanks!

OuterGAF Steam Coalition Force in the beginning stages.

I wish I knew more how this FOB worked. like how many defenders can join in... how long do FOB attacks last? is there a period of time you get to get ready for invading player?

pahamrick

Thanks!

I wish I knew more how this FOB worked. like how many defenders can join in... how long do FOB attacks last? is there a period of time you get to get ready for invading player?

I know friends of the person invaded who are currently playing get notification of the invasion. I'm fuzzy if that means up to 2 people can defend (Person being Invaded + Friend) or if it remains 1v1 and whoever responds first gets it. I want to say it stays 1v1, 2v1 would be a bit unfair.

FOB attacks don't last long, the invading party has a set amount of time to finish the objective. Less than 10 minutes, I don't remember the exact amount without checking the FOB introduction video.

Damm. That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. :(

If you don't want spoilers, then don't watch the stream.
The Streamers aren't doing anything wrong, And they shouldn't be banned.
If twitch doesn't want streaming games before their release, they can do whatever they want. It's their platform after all.

Twitch don't want to fuck with Publishers.

Shy

You're welcome.
It's only 1 V 1, i believe the invasions last only Five minutes.

If you haven't already, you should watch the Gamescom gameplay video. It has a lot of info about invasions. Here's a link.
If twitch doesn't want streaming games before their release, they can do whatever they want. It's their platform after all.

Twitch don't want to fuck with Publishers.
I know that (i don't agree with it though) that wasn't my point. My point was that they're doing nothing illegal, and it's really petty to ban them for the fact they got it early.

Ok, gonna ask in here as you guys seem to be the best area and would hoepfully know.

I have the PS3 Legacy Collection but do not have a PS3 at the moment.
I want to revisit the all the games at some point, but I'm torn over buying a PS3 for it as I'm wondering if there has been or will be any idea, no matter how small, that the frankly idiots at Konami will re-release the games on PS4 as a remastered / remade collection.

Has anyone heard anything, or shall I just bite the bullet and get a cheap PS3 again to relive them?

Probably been mentioned but I just read somewhere that MGS5 got a 40/40 from Famitsu, which makes it only the 23rd game to have ever received a perfect score by them.

Shy

Ok, gonna ask in here as you guys seem to be the best area and would hoepfully know.

I have the PS3 Legacy Collection but do not have a PS3 at the moment.
I want to revisit the all the games at some point, but I'm torn over buying a PS3 for it as I'm wondering if there has been or will be any idea, no matter how small, that the frankly idiots at Konami will re-release the games on PS4 as a remastered / remade collection.

Has anyone heard anything, or shall I just bite the bullet and get a cheap PS3 again to relive them?
Get a PS3, Konami have said nothing about re-releasing them on the current gen. And in all likely hood never will, as they're leaving the console market.

In the Gamescom video the timer was at 9:02 when the defender spawned in his FOB, so I'm thinking 10 minutes or a little less. Rewatching it now.

I just checked, it seems there's a timer that starts after an invasion. 9-10 minutes till the defenders security team blockades the surrounding waters. I'm guessing the if the timer ends before the invader wins, it's an auto-win for the defender.

Sayakon

Neo Member
Hey guys, been lurking through the hype for the past few weeks, just wanted to mention something I'm wondering. Was a Kyle Cooper intro video ever announced? The trailers say "Title & Logo Design" or something to that effect. Kojima's tweet said he designed the iDroid interface. Is it possible there never was a Kyle Cooper intro in the first place?

pahamrick

I just checked, it seems there's a timer that starts after an invasion. 9-10 minutes till the defenders security team blockades the surrounding waters. I'm guessing the if the timer ends before the invader wins, it's an auto-win for the defender.

Would be my guess, otherwise no time limit would get annoying due to an invader just hiding and refusing to come out.

Cathcart

So are invasions mandatory to make progress in MB or can you still build your base and develop stuff (or whatever it is you do with MB) and not have to do PvP?

I wasn't sure that's why i put "i believe" at the beginning of my sentence.

At first I thought there was no limit but after I posted I recalled there being one something similar to 5 minutes. :p

Would be my guess, otherwise no time limit would get annoying due to an invader just hiding and refusing to come out.

Oh yeah that would definitely be annoying especially with large FOB's. Though I wonder if the time changes if you call your friends to help defend your FOB.

Why did i opened the spoiler thread?

WHY?

Another bites the dust of regret.

Top Bottom