• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Cathcart

The PvP stuff is only if you build an FOB, your actual motherbase isn't invaded.

OK, cool. So does FOB get me anything in the single player part of the game or does it only exist for PvP? Basically I'm just wondering if you miss out on single player content by avoiding PvP.

I will be wanting to join NeoGAFs community for FOB bases. outer GAF as we form a team to defend each others FOBs :D http://steamcommunity.com/id/Strazytski/
Is that an actual thing? You can sign up to defend someone else's base when it gets attacked? Man, I'd like to know more about the multiplayer stuff but I've been avoiding most of the press about the game.

Thanks for the answers.

OK, cool. So does FOB get me anything in the single player part of the game or does it only exist for PvP? Basically I'm just wondering if you miss out on single player content by avoiding PvP.

Thanks for the answers.

Think FOB's as mini bases outside of motherbase. They hold additional staff and store more resources.

Ending leaked, wtf.

We knew it will happen eventually.

Now stay the fuck away from the spoiler thread everyone.

Cramoss

Ending spoilers are out boys, be EXTRA careful.

LWDpeTA.gif

pahamrick

Is that an actual thing? You can sign up to defend someone else's base when it gets attacked? Man, I'd like to know more about the multiplayer stuff but I've been avoiding most of the press about the game.

Thanks for the answers.

Think FOB's as mini bases outside of motherbase. They hold additional staff and store more resources.

Yeah, if you're friends with someone being invaded you get notified of the invasion and can help.

And it's not just storing more resources, your FOB will actually collect resources. The type and amount is dependent on the location where you build your FOB in the Ocean.

Here's the first post in all OTs and the last post. Kind of gives reference for how active the community was in each thread. Never expected OT3 to move as fast as it did after some people migrated to Telegram.

(HAPPY WITH THE EDIT, BRAU?! YA GINGER BASTARD)

OT1:

JayEH
(04-15-2014, 01:32 PM)

Choomp
(02-22-2015, 05:58 PM)

Ten months and one week

OT2:

Love Deterrence
(02-17-2015, 12:39 PM)

Rajang
(05-01-2015, 07:11 PM)

Two months and two weeks

OT3:

Vally
(05-01-2015, 03:09 PM)

brau
(Today, 11:44 AM)

Three months, three weeks, and four days

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Awesome, Peter Brown will talk about why MGSV got a 10 from Gamespot.

Edit: It will be spoiler free.

2015-08-2522_05_16-thtnscr.png

brau

This follow up to the reviews are really interesting. I think the game is really stirring something. Specially when they have to do a followup to explain why such a high score.

IMO. i like it. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This follow up to the reviews are really interesting. I think the game is really stirring something. Specially when they have to do a followup to explain why such a high score.

IMO. i like it. :)

Well yeah, Gamespot doesn't give out 10's so easily, i think MGSV is the 10th (?) game ever who got a 10 from them, so the game must be really special :)

brau

Well yeah, Gamespot doesn't give out 10's so easily, i think MGSV is the 10th (?) game ever who got a 10 from them, so the game must be really special :)

The need to explain it marks new precedence tho. Its like the game is soo good that it needs to be dissected and explained. Has this happened before in any other game?

pahamrick

The need to explain it marks new precedence tho. Its like the game is soo good that it needs to be dissected and explained. Has this happened before in any other game?

The backlash with the review event might have helped with that too, that one outlet saying some reviewers he saw racing through with the chicken hat the whole time, ect.

Should be interesting either way, it's not often a reviewer will explain his basis for the review especially since reviews are opinion pieces.

brau

They did the same with Witcher 3 which they gave a 10/10.

A Geralt... thats fair. TW3 is a masterpiece on its genre.

This is awesome tho... a review has more depth when its explained... and they go through it more thoroughly.

Actually.. i am surprised the game reviews are not only impressions. The game seems to be too big to actually give a review. Specially with how much content and detail it has.

Johnjamin

Neo Member
I know they get a lot of stick but IGN also did a "why we gave TPP a 10" thing, it is an interesting development with this and some publications not giving scores anymore, and just recommendations suggests an interesting change in the sector.

You're being paranoid. Cool your jets brother.
I have something similar sometimes. I open a thread and I like....wait.... this is the spoiler thread and it scares the shit out of me, but is isn't. The script hiding threads won't install on chrome.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Little question regarding the PC Version of TPP:

If got the physical PC copy early, would it be possible to play the game or will steam restrict access until Sept. 1st?

A Geralt... thats fair. TW3 is a masterpiece on its genre.

This is awesome tho... a review has more depth when its explained... and they go through it more thoroughly.

Actually.. i am surprised the game reviews are not only impressions. The game seems to be too big to actually give a review. Specially with how much content and detail it has.

I don't consider reviews to be much important but the guy who reviewed Witcher 3 was an avid RPG fan, so it was really interesting to see his view on why Witcher 3 is so good and worth a 10/10.

I hope to hear something similar with their TPP explanation. It's one thing to read reviews by a reviewer and it's a whole another thing to read the impressions and opinions of a fan of a genre who understands it in and out.

Listen. I'm not a wizard hell demon like you. I don't know how to pie chart.

Ask Polygon, they're good with charts. :p

Shy

Little question regarding the PC Version of TPP:

If got the physical PC copy early, would it be possible to play the game or will steam restrict access until Sept. 1st?
Steam will still restrict it.
I'd appreciate if the spoiler thread would have the "spoiler" word in all caps in the title.
So the fact it says. Spoiler Thread (thread contains Spoilers) isn't enough for you. ?

brau

I don't consider reviews to be much important but the guy who reviewed Witcher 3 was an avid RPG fan, so it was really interesting to see his view on why Witcher 3 is so good and worth a 10/10.

I hope to hear something similar with their TPP explanation. It's one thing to read reviews by a reviewer and it's a whole another thing to read the impressions and opinions of a fan of a genre who understands it in and out.

Ask Polygon, they're good with charts. :p

This is why i like RPS. I know that they have the same preferences and ideals of games. They don't give the game a review. Its more a discussion on their impressions. Which i think is more valuable.

Liamc723

I have something similar sometimes. I open a thread and I like....wait.... this is the spoiler thread and it scares the shit out of me, but is isn't. The script hiding threads won't install on chrome.

I just installed the script onto Chrome a few minutes ago so I could hide the thread. Have you made sure you have the plug-in installed first? You need that before installing the script.

Top Bottom