• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I am irrationally excited for Zeku because his design feels Brahms-ish to me (Valkyrie Profile). Actually, I would love a Valkyrie Profile fighting game...

FluxWaveZ

Best case scenario, following the Menat approach: trailer during the tourney tonight/tomorrow morning and release on Tuesday. X-Kira's been saying that the Zeku build is on Steam, so his release must be imminent.

The usual image tease came 10 hours before the announcement for Menat. Guessing they'll continue the trend, so there's still a bit of time before hope should be abandoned.

Ryce

I just want to see what Zeku's gameplay hook will be. I don't think Capcom would have created yet another Japanese ninja unless they had something crazy in mind for him. I still think my Bushinryu ghost stand idea could be cool.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Best case scenario, following the Menat approach: trailer during the tourney tonight/tomorrow morning and release on Tuesday. X-Kira's been saying that the Zeku build is on Steam, so his release must be imminent.

But did he said Monster Hunter version is on the steam, right?

Birdie is such a dumb character.

You have to treat his bullhorn like a invincible DP and his ex bullhead still has too much pushback to be punished by everyone.

Birdie is such a dumb character.

You have to treat his bullhorn like a invincible DP and his ex bullhead still has too much pushback to be punished by everyone.
I agree with you on the EX bullhead (when he's in V-Trigger) but lol wut at Bullhorn.

Outside of V-Trigger, the only two remarkable properties that it has is that it's projectile invincible and that it moves his hurtbox slightly backwards so max range attacks might whiff. I believe he's still unsafe if he cancels it into V-Trigger oB.

In V-Trigger, yes it has frame-1 armor but it's not throw invincible, it uses up V-meter even if you got thrown out of it during startup and it's still unsafe AF oB.

I agree with you on the EX bullhead (when he's in V-Trigger) but lol wut at Bullhorn.

Outside of V-Trigger, the only two remarkable properties that it has is that it's projectile invincible and that it moves his hurtbox slightly backwards so max range attacks might whiff. I believe he's still unsafe if he cancels it into V-Trigger oB.

In V-Trigger, yes it has frame-1 armor but it's not throw invincible, it uses up V-meter even if you got thrown out of it during startup and it's still unsafe AF oB.

Only his EX Bullhorn is -5 on VTC.

And every Birdie I've faced always Bullhorn after blocking. Even when it's 15f start up and air borne at 17f, they still manage to beat out whatever frame trap or tick throw because of how much his hurtbox pulls back on start up.

So I just let them do it and punish it afterwards.

Ryce

The TGS tourney begins in just over five hours, so I'm starting to lose hope in a Zeku reveal. He should have been teased by now.

jett

D-Member
The TGS tourney begins in just over five hours, so I'm starting to lose hope in a Zeku reveal. He should have been teased by now.

Why would there be a Zeku reveal? It's been less than a month since Menat was released.

Why do people expect anything out of TGS, anyway.

kirblar

Why would there be a Zeku reveal? It's been less than a month since Menat was released.

Because he's Japanese, the final SFV S2 character, word from Majin Obama is that October is a big SFV announcement (and the timing would be perfect for Arcade Edition because the event they announced AE at last year is in October this year.)

Ryce

X-Kira's been hyping up a Zeku TGS reveal for weeks. I really wish he'd stop pretending like he has any special insight.

kirblar

X-Kira's been hyping up a Zeku TGS reveal for weeks. I really wish he'd stop pretending like he has any special insight.
His current "this is what I'm seeing, and this is my guess at what it is based on experience/intuition/etc." is much better than how he used to do it, at least.

jett

D-Member
Because he's Japanese, the final SFV S2 character, word from Majin Obama is that October is a big SFV announcement (and the timing would be perfect for Arcade Edition because the event they announced AE at last year is in October this year.)

I'll be surprised if there's anything.

Why would anyone listen to what X-Kira has to say about announcements. He has no connections to Capcom.

MCD250

When I heard that Punk got eliminated I figured he just felt confident and decided to use one of his secondaries, but apparently he was using Karin.

The Capcom Pro Tour practically ends in October. There are a few Regional Finals in November but you can't earn points to qualify for Capcom Cup in those two events. I don't see why Capcom would not want their final character to have some kind of role to play in the Capcom Pro Tour and be advertised as well.

If Zeku comes out in 3 days, somebody could still pull him and and surprise people. If Zeku comes out at the end of October, he would only be allowed in one event, the NA Regional Finals. Unless somebody is brave or confident enough to pull him out there or at Capcom Cup he'll practically be invisible in this years CPT. This might be the case, but I really don't understand why Capcom would want that.

jett

D-Member
The Capcom Pro Tour practically ends in October. Their are a few Regional Finals in November but you can't earn points to qualify for Capcom Cup in those two events. I don't see why Capcom would not want their final character to have some kind of role to play in the Capcom Pro Tour and be advertised as well.

If Zeku comes out in 3 days, somebody could still pull him and and surprise people. If Zeku comes out at the end of October, he would only be allowed in one event, the NA Regional Finals. Unless somebody is brave or confident enough to pull him out there or at Capcom Cup he'll practically be invisible in this years CPT. This might be the case, but I really don't understand why Capcom would want that.

I can see that.

I still wouldn't expect anything out of the waste that is TGS.

Ryce

Karin was revealed at TGS 2015, and Urien's release date was revealed at TGS 2016. With Zeku being a Japanese character, TGS being the last major gaming event of the year before PSX, and October practically being the end of the 2017 competitive season, it would make a lot of sense to announce Zeku tomorrow.

Edit: This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but SFV's director is currently at TGS.

FluxWaveZ

rYYPrRE.jpg

Moaradin

Is that the usual maintenance time for a character update these days? I haven't paid attention recently, but the servers used to go down for a lot longer.

kikiribu

Is it possible maybe they just didn't feel like teasing this time to make it an actual surprise?

I doubt it but hope this is the case

Is that the usual maintenance time for a character update these days? I haven't paid attention recently, but the servers used to go down for a lot longer.
I remember the server downtime for Menat being shorter than usual

Sayad

Found MvCI new for $40 and it comes with the pre-order bonus so I picked it up. I have no idea who I want to play because I'm not interested in anyone so far other than Monster Hunter, I'm just doing trials for the non MvC3 characters!

Top Bottom