• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

acm2000

graphics are amazing as expected, its what they do well, gameplay, not so much, still doesnt look like its changed at all, maybe i'll be proven wrong, but GT3 bored me, GT4 i only kept for 4 days before returning it

acm2000 said:
graphics are amazing as expected, its what they do well, gameplay, not so much, still doesnt look like its changed at all, maybe i'll be proven wrong, but GT3 bored me, GT4 i only kept for 4 days before returning it

According to the guys at PGT it plays like TOCA now.

tha_con said:
Please leave.

Oh, I see, it's comon in the "Real Driving Simulator" to hit a fucking wall and still be in the race.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing, but how the hell can someone honestly believe that this video is amazing is beyond belief. Maybe if you let someone else play and just take picture to prove that your Ps3 has the biggest E-Dick, but, right now, why are they calling it GT5 if they use the exact same physic model that they used in GT4?

acm2000

SolidSnakex said:

i hope you mean toca race driver 3, which would be a good start, but forza 2 set new standards (although please lord, less rear ending from the AI!) we shall see, certainly not a game that'd make me wanna spend a fuckton of money on a ps3 tho

Littleberu said:
Oh, I see, it's comon in the "Real Driving Simulator" to hit a fucking wall and still be in the race.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks amazing, but how the hell can someone honestly believe that this video is amazing is beyond belief. Maybe if you let someone else play and just take picture to prove that your Ps3 has the biggest E-Dick, but, right now, why are they calling it GT5 if they use the exact same physic model that they used in GT4?

Aside from it doesn't play like GT4? There's more to physics than how you crash cars.

Littleberu said:

You think cause it doesn't have damage its using the same physic model that they used in GT4? :lol

gtfo.gif

acm2000 said:
i hope you mean toca race driver 3, which would be a good start, but forza 2 set new standards (although please lord, less rear ending from the AI!) we shall see, certainly not a game that'd make me wanna spend a fuckton of money on a ps3 tho

Well they didn't say, he just mentioned that it plays like GT should play and that it was superb, especially when racing against 15 other opponents.

acm2000

"plays like GT should play" sounds and awful lot like "plays like gt4" ;/ bloody hope not...., seriously, GT on ps1 was a sensation, GT2, more of the same, added awful rally racing, GT3, hang on, its a remake.... GT4, hang on.. this is what GT3 shouldve been in the first place...

acm2000 said:
"plays like GT should play" sounds and awful lot like "plays like gt4" ;/ bloody hope not...., seriously, GT on ps1 was a sensation, GT2, more of the same, added awful rally racing, GT3, hang on, its a remake.... GT4, hang on.. this is what GT3 shouldve been in the first place...

He didn't mean it as in it plays how it always has, he means it plays like people have wanted it to since GT3.

cicatriz

Littleberu said:

So the REAL driving simulator would be more like hitting a wall at 100+ MPH and then finishing the race?

Riiiiight.

gtfo.gif (MM beat me to it lolz)

acm2000

SolidSnakex said:
He didn't mean it as in it plays how it always has, he means it plays like people have wanted it to since GT3.

ah, hope so, i loved GT1 and GT2, but GT3 just broke me :< and 4 made me dislike the series, same thing happened with MGS series, MGS1 rocked, MGS2 was so shite, i like playing games rather than sitting watching them, MGS3 was marginally better, but still bored me to tears

Ranger X

Common you fucking purists. GT could use some damage ala TOCA or FORZA. I mean wtf.

GT5 will look and play great (the driving physics are awesome and cockpit view is omgholyshitiwant) but it's undeniable that the game is really getting obsolete in some areas.

cicatriz said:
So the REAL driving simulator would be more like hitting a wall at 100+ MPH and then finishing the race?

Riiiiight.

gtfo.gif (MM beat me to it lolz)

Are you all delusional because it's GT5?

Hitting a wall should definitely cost you something. At least some kind of penalty. He just rammed cars to get past them, and never had one consequence. That's driving?

tha_con

Banned
Littleberu said:

Yea, last time I checked, a damage model =/= physics model.

Basically, you've lost any credit you could possibly have from this point forward by saying 'the exact same physic model that they used in GT4".

So, again, please leave. Because I most certainly don't see you in any Forza threads wondering why you can do much of the same and that the results of smashing into walls do not always yield realistic results.

It's a game, games are fun, when I race, I like to think I'm good enough to not smash into a wall. While damage is good, you're only asking for it because you absolutely suck when it comes to racing sims, thus, you want to smash into walls. Your kind flock about en masse, but ultimately, you have little to no impact on the series.

So, for the last time, please, for the sake of everyone in this thread, please leave.

seb

Banned
Littleberu said:

Hitting a wall should definitely cost you something. At least some kind of penalty. He just rammed cars to get past them, and never had one consequence. That's driving?

Is it ?

cicatriz

Littleberu said:

There's obviously a line to be drawn somewhere. In real life in an event like this, if a car even hits the wall in any significant manor, the race would be halted until the car is cleared.

Damage modeling is fine, but until it can be done right it's not a feature I'll lose sleep over if it isn't implemented.

Pimpwerx

Littleberu said:

I hope you're banned for being a complete and utter asshat. It's Prologue. That means it has no sim mode, just sort of a tweener arcade/sim mode. Any damage modelling will be absent at this point, but you're so hot to post something negative, you didn't even think about this. Twice the cars, and twice the resolution. All in an incomplete game. Games of this caliber are not meant for unwashed dolts like yourself. Go back to your Forza thread, or whatever failed abortion that spawned you. Funny, but as a GT whore, this is all I feel like adding to this thread today. PEACE.

tha_con said:
Yea, last time I checked, a damage model =/= physics model.

Basically, you've lost any credit you could possibly have from this point forward by saying 'the exact same physic model that they used in GT4".

So, again, please leave. Because I most certainly don't see you in any Forza threads wondering why you can do much of the same and that the results of smashing into walls do not always yield realistic results.

It's a game, games are fun, when I race, I like to think I'm good enough to not smash into a wall. While damage is good, you're only asking for it because you absolutely suck when it comes to racing sims, thus, you want to smash into walls. Your kind flock about en masse, but ultimately, you have little to no impact on the series.

So, for the last time, please, for the sake of everyone in this thread, please leave.

I play Forza 2. And when I hit a wall at 100 mph, I restart the race, because there's no way in hell I can catch up with anyone, including the penalty they give me and the damage my car/tires took.

I did say physic model because the car hit the wall, stay on the ground. I couldn't say damage model, because it's inexistent. Sorry for my lack of words.

Oh, and now I suck? What kind of childish argument is that? Call it trolling or bitching or anything, it doesn't change the fact that it's completely apparent that Polyphony rested on their laurels while other companies, and I'm not even talking Turn10 here, managed to get a better and fairer simulation.

Gilles Villeneuve hit a wall, and he died. I guess he sucked.

Damage modeling is fine, but until it can be done right it's not worth doing at all.

Yeah, that's the point. I don't care about damage. Even if the car isn't a total wreck, you should be penalized for hitting a wall in a race.

Littleberu said:
I play Forza 2. And when I hit a wall at 100 mph, I restart the race, because there's no way in hell I can catch up with anyone, including the penalty they give me and the damage my car/tires took.

I did say physic model because the car hit the wall, stay on the ground. I couldn't say damage model, because it's inexistent. Sorry for my lack of words.

Well... it would irl in those conditions as well so... Never seen those crash tests footages? They almost never get off the ground. Not that it matters anyway...

sakuragi

Banned
Littleberu said:

Why are you making a big deal out of something as trivial as damage models? Come on, this is GT not some arcade racer that you crash every 10 seconds. The point of this game is to actually drive the cars and not crash it. You want it to be like real life yet in real life, how many times do you actualy crash? Personally, out of fours years of recklessly speeding and driving, thankfully, I only crashed once and thank god nothing happened to me. Plus, in real life, if the car is damaged slightly, you wouldn't even continue driving yet alone race as it will cost you more than just money, maybe your life? So my point is, as much as lack of damage makes the game unrealistic, so is implanting it but allowing you to continue the race with a car that would makes the safety officers or race officials cry.

sakuragi said:
Why are you making a big deal out of something as trivial as damage models? Come on, this is GT not some arcade racer that you crash every 10 seconds. The point of this game is to actually drive the cars and not crash it. You want it to be like real life yet in real life, how many times do you actualy crash? Personally, out of for years of recklessly speeding and driving, thankfully, I only crashed once and thank god nothing happened to me. Plus, in real life, if the car is damaged slightly, you wouldn't even continue driving yet alone race as it will cost you more than just money, maybe your life? So my point is, as much as lack of damage makes the game unrealistic, so is implanting it but allowing you to continue the race with a car that would makes the safety officers or race officials cry.

Yeah, you see, that's the most polite answer I've got in this thread.

But you don't understand my point. A reckless driver will be able to drive and win as much as a good driver, and that's unacceptable for me. Even though the game is just a prologue, or as I understand it, a pre-GT5, still, the fact that some penalties should be attributed to those kind of drivers should have been implemented way before GT4. Especially right now that the game is Online, it is capital, even if they don't bring damage models into the game, that if a player hits the wall (OR ANOTHER DRIVER), he should be greatly penalized for it.

Also, the argument about "I drive well, my car won't wreck, hence there is no need for damage model" is tired. Real drivers wreck their cars all the time. It's not the reason they haven't added that in, yet. It's clearly because of licensing issue, Polyphony having to deal with a lot of car manufacturers.

Anyway, I'm sure many fans will be pleased to see the game on PS3 with high resolutions graphics and aesthetics change, but I was hoping far more from what once was the king of racing simulation game.

amar212

SolidSnakex said:

We didn't mean to compare the physics model with TOCA, but the fell of the race. There is a whole field of cars there now. That was the main comparation-line there. Friend of mine who's at the Leipzig was a fan of TOCA, and he just made a logical comparation.

I hope he'll get a chance to make a talk with Kaz tommorow with some serious questions regarding both GT5: prologue and GT5 which we've prepared. Will see.

sakuragi

Banned
Littleberu said:
Yeah, you see, that's the most polite answer I've got in this thread.

But you don't understand my point. A reckless driver will be able to drive and win as much as a good driver, and that's unacceptable for me. Even though the game is just a prologue, or as I understand it, a pre-GT5, still, the fact that some penalties should be attributed to those kind of drivers should have been implemented way before GT4. Especially right now that the game is Online, it is capital, even if they don't bring damage models into the game, that if a player hits the wall (OR ANOTHER DRIVER), he should be greatly penalized for it.

Also, the argument about "I drive well, my car won't wreck, hence there is no need for damage model" is tired. Real drivers wreck their cars all the time. It's not the reason they haven't added that in, yet. It's clearly because of licensing issue, Polyphony having to deal with a lot of car manufacturers.

Anyway, I'm sure many fans will be pleased to see the game on PS3 with high resolutions graphics and aesthetics change, but I was hoping far more from what once was the king of racing simulation game.

Well, Ok I see whats your point and I agree. There should most certainly be a penalty for bumping into cars and walls but that has got nothing to do with damage models. I assume implementing a penalty system for reckless drivers is rather easy for the developers of GT as they have already proven what they are capable of. But maybe make it optional for people who doesn't want to be penalized for enjoying driving recklessly or for the hardcore racers.

And let's not forget, dude, let's not forget, that this is running in a higher resolution than PGR4 and with twice the framerate. Never forget that.

Top Bottom