• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

MaX_PL

Banned
Green Shinobi said:
And let's not forget, dude, let's not forget, that this is running in a higher resolution than PGR4 and with twice the framerate. Never forget that.

why are you mentioning this?

tha_con

Banned
Littleberu said:
I play Forza 2. And when I hit a wall at 100 mph, I restart the race, because there's no way in hell I can catch up with anyone, including the penalty they give me and the damage my car/tires took.

I did say physic model because the car hit the wall, stay on the ground. I couldn't say damage model, because it's inexistent. Sorry for my lack of words.

Oh, and now I suck? What kind of childish argument is that? Call it trolling or bitching or anything, it doesn't change the fact that it's completely apparent that Polyphony rested on their laurels while other companies, and I'm not even talking Turn10 here, managed to get a better and fairer simulation.

Gilles Villeneuve hit a wall, and he died. I guess he sucked.

Yeah, that's the point. I don't care about damage. Even if the car isn't a total wreck, you should be penalized for hitting a wall in a race.

That's my point exactly. You thinking car's should leave the ground after wall collisions, or even be able to MOVE after going 100mph into a wall (i.e. forza) make pretty much all of your thoughs and opinions moot.

Either way, I still stand by the fact that I'm good enough to not worry about smashing into walls at 100mph, but apparently you aren't, since you yourself said you hit walls at 100mph and have to restart the race. I slow down for turns, apparently you don't.

Madman

I love it when people are screaming dmamage and physics when we have already heard info that there will be damage and much more advanced physics(something like 300-600 fps sampling, whatever that means). But hey, who am I to spoil people's love for arguing over nothing.

MaX_PL

Banned
well resolution and fps aside, does it really look much better than PGR4? i dont know why the statement would be retarded.

tha_con

Banned
MaX_PL said:
well resolution and fps aside, does it really look much better than PGR4? i dont know why the statement would be retarded.

Yes, it does look better than PGR4. At least as far as car models are concerned, IMO.

tehbear

I understand Forza 2 fans needing to defend their shit against GT5. I am not sure why you can't like both... but whatever

But PGR4?!?!? COMPLETELY different type of driving. PGR4 is NOT a sim. Hell why don't I go compare Colin McRae to Motorstorm too.

I must be the only person on the board whorish enough to like PGR4, GT5, and Forza 2. God I am such a car slut.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gt5_zomg.jpg

Tomorrow... in motion :)

J-Rzez

Polyphony just sealed the deal on why it's damn important to push your hardware each gen... It's by far the most visually impressive game I've seen to date... Scary thing is, it's Prologue, which means expect many improvements in the final version...

I hope they did actually fully remodel their physics system like they were planning to...

Ohhh, and the spartan Evo interior, looks just like my everyday ride, except with less other hot cars racing around me :p (and that i have a the US model, so it's the other side for me, and ACD control switch)

mrpogi23

the mirrors pretty much a placeholder, probably they could implement it fully.

i can could definitely see it why, lots of technical stuff to be done for that to work especially early this stage, it will take a lot of time b4 they can put a working one.

michaeld

Banned
That doesn't look all that hot imo. The cockpit is impressive and it looks better than Forza 2 but meh, I hope it's just a bad capture.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Green Shinobi said:
Just in case anyone wanted to make a retarded "this doesn't look much better than PGR4" statement. It's a pre-emptive "shhh."

You're right. Not only does it look better, but it's at 1080p @ 60fps!

sif

michaeld said:
That doesn't look all that hot imo. The cockpit is impressive and it looks better than Forza 2 but meh, I hope it's just a bad capture.

It looks like a screen cap from an off-screen video.

Edited for clarity

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
michaeld said:

bad capture? It's an off-screen photo.

ram

mind you: the demo was labled with "leipzig version" and had not all dashboards in it - for example the new lancer (which is a beast) had no interiour... :(

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
ram said:
mind you: the demo was labled with "leipzig version" and had not all dashboards in it - for example the new lancer (which is a beast) had no interiour... :(

The video in this OP's link didn't have the dash for the new GTR 35 either...

Top Bottom