• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies Anywhere - New Digital Movie Locker

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm seeing the same thing. Lego Batman - which I got from Amazon - shows 4K/Dolby Vision in my library but when I play it the pull down menu shows it's playing in HD/Dolby Vision.

Baby Driver and Spiderman Homecoming, which I got from codes redeemed on the Bluray via the MoviesAnywhere site, show the same behavior.

Hopefully it's just a quirk being ironed out.

To be fair, there's a bit a lot of growing pains in my experience (and reading other people's experiences online) with the HD->4K upgrades on iTunes. Movies showing 4K then changing back to HD then changing back to 4K, things like that.

will check when I get home. interesting. Hopefully this didn't fuck with my existing 4K entitlements ��

I DID notice over the weekend, that Spider-Man (2002) was listed as 4K Dolby, and was playing in 1080p. Even the Info box showed 4K Dolby, but the ATV developer HUD said it was 1080p SDR. It was fixed since then.

Will double check with LEGO Movie and Sherlock Holmes tonight. The former is one I just got for signing up. The latter was a previous SD digital copy which was upgraded to HD from this. Both are available as 4K Dolby on Apple and currently showing up on my iPhone as 4K Dolby entitlements.

louiedog

I really hope a Microsoft link becomes available soon. It was available with DMA. It's where my copy of The Hidden resides so this is very important.

Cuburt

Got Vudu to link and my titles are now showing up!

This is great since Vudu has 95% of my digital movies and most of them are able to transfer.

Not only does this make me feel safer in my purchases (since UV wasn't didn't have Disney, Amazon, or Google on board) and now it also makes it easier to stream on any device, even if I don't have an app for one of them (Vudu and even Amazon Instant Video is typically less supported than YouTube/Google Play).

will check when I get home. interesting. Hopefully this didn't fuck with my existing 4K entitlements 😜

I DID notice over the weekend, that Spider-Man (2002) was listed as 4K Dolby, and was playing in 1080p. Even the Info box showed 4K Dolby, but the ATV developer HUD said it was 1080p SDR. It was fixed since then.

Will double check with LEGO Movie and Sherlock Holmes tonight. The former is one I just got for signing up. The latter was a previous SD digital copy which was upgraded to HD from this. Both are available as 4K Dolby on Apple.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the movies you bought through Amazon or whatever don’t play in 4K on Apple TV. Licensing that may have been tough, or maybe Apple wants to incentivize purchases through their store.

Honestly, I’m still just psyched all my previous iTunes purchases were upgraded to 4K for free, and that there’s no additional cost for 4K movies (over 1080p) on iTunes.

Kadin

This is great, thanks for the thread OP!

Got all 4 retailers linked, now just waiting for all my movies to show up. Already streamed one from iTunes via the Movies Anywhere app and all is good. Nice to have this all under one roof.

louiedog

Got Vudu to link and my titles are now showing up!

Mine too!

67a0264f6b.jpg

Now I can watch this whenever I want on every device in my home.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I really hope a Microsoft link becomes available soon. It was available with DMA. It's where my copy of The Hidden resides so this is very important.

But if you have The Hidden linked with your DMA, what's the issue?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the movies you bought through Amazon or whatever don’t play in 4K on Apple TV. Licensing that may have been tough, or maybe Apple wants to incentivize purchases through their store.

Honestly, I’m still just psyched all my previous iTunes purchases were upgraded to 4K for free, and that there’s no additional cost for 4K movies (over 1080p) on iTunes.

No way, they should be 4K.
The HD on iTunes means any flavor (1080 or 4K) so it should be treated as such.

Wag

But if you have The Hidden linked with your DMA, what's the issue?

They're not unfortunately. Only the single movie I purchased in 4k on Vudu is showing up that way, otherwise every other HD movie I redeemed (none on iTunes) is showing up as HD across all platforms.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moviesanywhere.goo&rdid=com.moviesanywhere.goo

There's an Android app which works fine on my Shield so obviously it works on all Android TV devices as well. Why anyone would want to watch on the Movies Anywhere app rather than Vudu I don't really know...

louiedog

Oh I see what you're saying now. Nvm.
Yeah, seems odd that they would drop a partner like that.

Yeah, it's annoying. I had a ton of promotional MS credit that was expiring around the launch of the Xbox One. I didn't know if I was going to get one or not, and they didn't have the PC library they do now, so I used it to buy some movies. A couple of them were Disney and are now available everywhere but unfortunately some that I'd really like are still stuck there.

Wag

Nevermind, just the itunes PC software doesn't show 4k, the iPad itunes store does. I'm going to buy one and see if it shows up as 4k on my Shield TV in Vudu.

Kadin

rjinaz

Having the worse luck with this. Nothing will link for me. DMA keeps telling me my account cannot be linked. The other retailers just errored out when I tried to link them and now when I click on the other retailers nothing shows up at all, just blank. It's completely broken on my end.

Guess I'll be waiting.

EDIT: OK had to do some work arounds to get anything working, in case others have the same problems. Not sure if it's a problem with firefox or what.

In order to connect retailers I had to clear all cookies, then log out, then log back in. Once one retailer connects, repeat the process all over again for the other retailers. I got VUDU and itunes to work this way. No luck on google yet.

As for migrating my DMA movies. I kept getting a message that the account could not be linked. So I cleared my cookies. Logged out. Then I went to the DMA website and logged in there. I then went back to movies anywhere and logged in there. Clicked to migrate my account and, boom it went through first try.

So yeah,quite a pain on my end but seems like I managed.

louiedog

I just tried playing Big Trouble In Little China on my Google Play TV app. It was stretched instead of playing at the correct aspect ratio so I switched to the Amazon app where it was properly displayed. I've run into issues like that before with streaming older movies and now I've got better options to just play it elsewhere.

Cuburt

Now I really want Switch to get some media apps even more because it's easier than ever to stream all my movies. They only need one app like YouTube.

This is also really great for deals.

borghe

yeah, I don't even know how apple would enforce that. The entitlement is identical. Further, if they were separate, you would have no way of buying the 4K version on apple, ever. Which I'm sure Apple wouldn't be on board with..

My guess is growing pains but like I said, I'll check when I get home.

borghe

Nevermind, just the itunes PC software doesn't show 4k, the iPad itunes store does. I'm going to buy one and see if it shows up as 4k on my Shield TV in Vudu.

Will be curious. I am guessing not, because iTunes is basically an HD entitlement. So 1:1 parity will likely be HD on Vudu. Even worse, I'm betting a 4K purchase on Vudu won't transfer everywhere.

Note I would love to be wrong. So prove me wrong ��

Vudu has 4K versions of movies?

Yeah, they've had them for a while. However they are offered as a third version of the movie. Will be curious to see how they transfer but I'm not holding my breath.

Kadin

As stated in the thread a few times, takes a little bit for them to show up. (half hour or so)
Yeah I got mine linked up almost an hour ago and all my VUDU movies just now showed up. They were the ones that took the longest. Oddly enough, Force Awakens and UP which I had on iTunes are still not showing though - just those two.

Apt101

Site is getting hammered. Lots of 500 errors, and when I manage to connect a source, it's apparently not syncing.

I'll just wait until I'm up in the really early morning for something and try then.

Finally an alternative to Vudu though, and with Disney's funding no less. I have many movies on Vudu (not by choice) and damn that service is unreliable.

Toa TAK

Banned
Site is getting hammered. Lots of 500 errors, and when I manage to connect a source, it's apparently not syncing.

I'll just wait until I'm up in the really early morning for something and try then.

Finally an alternative to Vudu though, and with Disney's funding no less. I have many movies on Vudu (not by choice) and damn that service is unreliable.

I feel the same. Vudu is my go-to simply because most of, if not all, my films are on there.

Wag

Vudu has the best PQ/AQ on all of my devices though. I wouldn't play through any other app. My Shield also supports 24p so it has that going for it.

borghe

I've verified that none of my 4K iTunes entitlements show up as 4K in Vudu including movies I bought as 4K (i.e. after Apple officially launched 4K). only HDX. Not willing to buy a 4K movie in Vudu to test :p

Yeah I got mine linked up almost an hour ago and all my VUDU movies just now showed up. They were the ones that took the longest. Oddly enough, Force Awakens and UP which I had on iTunes are still not showing though - just those two.

Huh. It’s gotta be a VUDU thing cuz TFA (that I purchased on iTunes) shows up in my connected Amazon list.

Wag

No Disney movies on Vudu.

Vudu movies are starting to show up, but one quirk I noticed is that my copy of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice only provides the theatrical cut, and not the director's cut.

I linked by Vudu account and then reopened iTunes on my Mac and I see that Daffy Duck's Quackbusters has appeared there. I have not bought it from any of the four retailers and when I search for it through Movies Anywhere, it tells me to buy it.

I guess I got a free movie?

soundtest

Banned
I was hoping this would scrape my UV movies on Vudu and bring them over but no dice. Pretty useless for me outside of Disney movies as almost all my movies are UV redemptions

rjinaz

I only had one movie on itunes exclusively. Now that itunes and vudu are linked through MA, I have that movie on VUDU. Awesome!

Even better, I'll now be able to buy itune codes on the open market. They are cheaper, though I imagine that will be changing soon enough once people catch on.

Fox Mulder

I was hoping this would scrape my UV movies on Vudu and bring them over but no dice. Pretty useless for me outside of Disney movies as almost all my movies are UV redemptions

It works, this is the first day and they're getting slammed.

It has brought over supported Vudu movies to MA and Google. Haven't checked Amazon, but Amazon films popped up in my Vudu already.

Top Bottom