• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 PC/Mac Remote Play client available now

bombshell

jfmdC0j.png

Download here: https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/index.html

System requirements:

PS4™ system

System software version 3.50 or later

Windows® PC

A computer with either of the following operating systems.
Windows® 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Intel Core i5-560M Processor 2.67 GHz or faster
100 MB or more of available storage
2 GB or more of RAM
1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
Sound card
USB port

Mac

A computer with either of the following operating systems.
OS X Yosemite
OS X El Capitan
Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz or faster
40 MB or more of available storage
2 GB or more of RAM
USB port

Eusis

Really want to find out how this works when sharing internet through the computer. Would you get perfect quality steaming? Will there be some dumb hang up? Could be useful.

Oppo

Plenty of non-App Store apps are signed, and Sony has an Apple developer agreement to do it (they have PS apps in the iOS App Store), they were just too lazy.

*shrug* fair enough. I still can't believe there's a Mac client at all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if you're forced to use a DS4 with a usb cable, can you reuse a PS4 one without it losing pairing to the PS4? Also I'm now discovering that although I have a ton of micro USB cables, I don't have any long ones.

McSpidey

Just tested it on a MacBook Air (OSX) and it worked instantly, though it was 30fps so am now looking to see if there's a way to make it 60, though there doesn't appear to be any obvious way to do it.

Inumbris

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I'll be sure to give this a go once the firmware is live.

Really curious to see how my not-so-great connection handles this.

Card Boy

Banned
SMH at people complaining about no Win 7. You have no leg to stand on when Win 10 is a free upgrade. It even runs better and boots faster than Win 7.

LewieP

I'd love to hear an explanation from MS of how come Sony are able to support remote streaming on Windows 8, but Xbox One streaming is limited to Windows 10.

HooYaH

Does the controller need to be hooked up by USB for Mac?

As for the quality, it seems good, but I'm too lazy to go get my Dualshock so I just used the KB.

McSpidey

You can make it 60fps but 720p is the max resolution though

The OSX app itself doesn't appear to have any settings, for Vita remote play this was on the Vita side I believe.

Edit: Nevermind, I see - you can change it via preferences but you have to do it before you connect the DS4/press start to connect.

Oppo

SMH at people complaining about no Win 7. You have no leg to stand on when Win 10 is a free upgrade. It even runs better and boots faster than Win 7.

"but my employer won't support my lunchtime Destiny raids with their Win 7 policy!!" *kicks dirt*

Now they need to make it available for all Androids so I don't need to rely on some guy's unofficial mod any more.

Although I'm guessing they would force DS4 which means no using Nvidia Shield Controller which sucks.

Does this also mean that PC and Mac have proper Dualshock 4 support now?

Dualshock 4 is just a normal DirectInput controller, but MS came up with XInput to standardize the Xbox 360 controller for PC gaming. Only Xbox certified devices can do XInput. The third party software you need to install for DS4 simply converts DirectInput to XInput.

McSpidey

Does that mean it's 1080p when it's 30FPS? I haven't use remote play since like, launch. LOL. I don't have a Vita anymore, so.

Does this also mean that PC and Mac have proper Dualshock 4 support now?

I just checked, 720p is the max setting available to me.

OSX supports Dualshock 4 natively, it's games that need updating if they don't work with it.

DrunkDan

Installed. Waiting for the PS4 Firmware.
It works for me on the 3.50 beta right now.
if you're forced to use a DS4 with a usb cable, can you reuse a PS4 one without it losing pairing to the PS4? Also I'm now discovering that although I have a ton of micro USB cables, I don't have any long ones.
Mine worked okay. I linked it to my MBP with the USB lead then shut the remote play app down and removed the cable and the controller was still synced with my PS4.

Top Bottom