• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Will that be streamed or is this another "we're revealing the main theme, but actually only for those who attend the concert, sorry everybody else"?

I ask because it's listing a specific theater here.

Salarians

He'll probably die early in the game.
tumblr_ojz5zfZPVh1u6ef8to1_500.gif

dr_rus

They are announcing a live gameplay stream to happen a week prior to game's release? That's some fucked up marketing right there.

Patryn

Given that PAX East is March 10-12 and Bioware usually has a decent presence at PAX, if they don't have live gameplay there it will be a massive failure of marketing.

They are announcing a live gameplay stream to happen a week prior to game's release? That's some fucked up marketing right there.
Why?
lol, it goes up on origin access a week prior to release, what the fuck is the point of a stream then?
Not everyone has EA/Origin Access. I don't understand what's wrong with livestreaming the game close to launch.
They're showing the game to press tomorrow apparently.
That's today.

Why?

Not everyone has EA/Origin Access. I don't understand what's wrong with livestreaming the game close to launch.
Because there'll probably be tons of videos and livestreams by people with EA Access at that point, so it'll be less useful unless they somehow have an even better build of the game or something.

Patryn

Because there'll probably be tons of videos and livestreams by people with EA Access at that point, so it'll be less useful unless they somehow have an even better build of the game or something.

Not to mention all the people who have obtained copies through broken street dates.

so we get some tomorrow then? Say yes.
The embargo for this lifts next Thursday.

Ok, so they'll livestream with everyone else, and for charity, everyone's happy. Still not seeing what's *bad* about it. The more exposure the merrier.

dr_rus

Because by that time independent reviewers should be streaming the game left and right and most people should have a pretty nice picture of what the game's gameplay is. Look at today's Prey previews, they've allowed the press to play as far as one hour into the game, three months prior to said game's release date.

Because by that time independent reviewers should be streaming the game left and right and most people should have a pretty nice picture of what the game's gameplay is. Look at today's Prey previews, they've allowed the press to play as far as one hour into the game, three months prior to said game's release date.
March 17th isn't when they'll first show gameplay, it's just a charity event with ExtraLife...

There will be plenty of gameplay before then. Press are getting hours of hands on time today, more trailers are coming and there will be an in-depth gameplay series of videos from now to launch.

goishen

It's honestly no wonder why they haven't shown off any of the gameplay yet, with y'all hating on Sara's face and saying that it looks nothing like her face model. It looks similar. Extremely similar.

Like I said over on BSN. I know why they're not releasing any of this stuff yet. Because they don't want us to have any preconceived notions of which character we're gonna hate. Think of the last couple'a games? ME3? Hated Vega. DAI? Hated Sera. This is before the games even released.

Here, they don't care who we hate or love. Just don't go in with any preconceptions of who we're gonna hate and love.

March 17th isn't when they'll first show gameplay, it's just a charity event with ExtraLife...

There will be plenty of gameplay before then. Press are getting hours of hands on time today, more trailers are coming and there will be an in-depth gameplay series of videos from now to launch.
Exactly. Seriously guys, chill out.

Patryn

It's honestly no wonder why they haven't shown off any of the gameplay yet, with y'all hating on Sara's face and saying that it looks nothing like her face model. It looks similar. Extremely similar.

Like I said over on BSN. I know why they're not releasing any of this stuff yet. Because they don't want us to have any preconceived notions of which character we're gonna hate. Think of the last couple'a games? ME3? Hated Vega. DAI? Hated Sera. This is before the games even released.

Here, they don't care who we hate or love. Just don't go in with any preconceptions of who we're gonna hate and love.

I was supposed to hate Vega and Sera?

Did I miss a meeting or something?

prag16

Banned
I was supposed to hate Vega and Sera?

Did I miss a meeting or something?

Were you on media blackout pre-ME3-launch?

The "community" decided Vega was unequivocally a garbage shit uninspired meathead waste of space, prior to launch. I wasn't really on gaf much at the time, but that was the decision made other places like BSN and gamefaqs.

Those cramped rooms with computers virtually side-by-side have to be the most awkward press experiences. If I'm playing an RPG the last thing I want is for someone to constantly talk to me, quietly judge the speed in which I play, or eye up my progress. I'd be constantly paranoid about accidentally having something spoiled in my peripheral vision.

But I suppose they're used to that sort of thing.

Killzig

Those cramped rooms with computers virtually side-by-side have to be the most awkward press experiences. If I'm playing an RPG the last thing I want is for someone to constantly talk to me, quietly judge the speed in which I play, or eye up my progress. I'd be constantly paranoid about accidentally having something spoiled in my peripheral vision.

But I suppose they're used to that sort of thing.

People are too wrapped up in their own shit to worry about what you're doing out in the real world. I'm sure these guys are used to it for the most part and I'm curious how many of them will be asking for a controller.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I know Aaryn has noted the need for a full unbroken gameplay sequence, but shinobi saying a series of gameplay videos are coming starting this week makes me think that might not be the immediate case. Not sure what BioWare is cooking up exactly, but at the very least they do seem to be finally hitting the ground with gameplay specific content. Doubly so with the hands-on event.

I've felt a small sadness on the inside every time I've seen the words "soon", "you'll learn more at a later date" or "check back in the near-future" used in the past 2-3 months.

I just want to see the game in action yet they're like..

7dYbPnPWkczYc.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Watch how Bioware will wait until late tomorrow before revealing that video. If they even do that. I haven't seen anything from them mentioning something about it yet, just shinobi.

Daemul

I reached this point of the game a couple of days ago, and I had actually forgotten all about this scene strangely enough, despite having seen it on 10+ playthroughs(though tbf, my last playthrough of ME3 was like 2.5 years ago). Watching Mordin dragging himself to reach the console and disperse the cure even after I had shot him had me in awe, the guy sure was determined, I'll give him that.

Mordin is one of my most favourite Mass Effect squadmates, which makes it all the more unfortunate that he refused to see reason. RIP Mordin.

Maledict

Andromeda will be a success for me if its able to make me care about my team in the same way I did for Mordin, Samara, Liara, Tali, Garrus, Thane and Legion. That's ultimately my success criteria. Dragon Age has never managed it, but fingers crossed lightning strikes twice. The sheer number of top tier characters in the original trilogy really does set it aside from their other franchises.

Killzig

I've let Wrex, the data, and the genophage cure all go to hell in subsequent play throughs of the series including my most recent one. Feels good.

You monsters.

Siding with the geth, then choosing destroy is also a good way to leave DeadRannoch as a giant "FUCK YOUR AI RESEARCH" flag to the entire Milky Way. I don't know why people gave BioWare so much shit for the ending. I loved that in my very first ME3 completion. RenegadeShep is the best Shep.

Ralemont

not me
If they follow the standard set in the trilogy, you won't be able to tweak the default faces. I hope that's no longer the case here, but not sure if we can take that for granted. I think you could in DA:I, but DA:I iirc was purely character-creator driven with no pre-scanned 'model' default.

Paging shinobi.

Yeah, in DAI if you picked custom Hawke, it started with the default Hawke face for you to customize. But as you point out, not a scanned face. Guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom