• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Dahbomb

Marvel Infinite is a curious look at how some characters would've been if they were changed for a patch in Marvel 3.

For example Chun Li has an aerial ground bounce move. This is because she has trouble doing any real damage when she hits someone from super jump height, this covers that weakness.

Hulk has better Gamma Charge and can combo solo off of it, meaning he doesn't need to rely on assists as much. This is probably too good though.

Iron Man has a real ground dash and a more reliable launcher.

Thor has a way to cancel out of his Mighty Spark move into a Hammer Throw. He has some other choice buffs too.

Strider has an aerial hyper now that does solid damage though I do not think they would make his Orbs lvl1 in Marvel 3 LOL!

I am curious to see some of the stronger characters in full action in this and how they are "nerfed".

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's just weird they went out of their way to show he doesn't get any direct damage off the throw. Other than oki I guess but he sort of had that before

Dahbomb

Islamic lyrics for a Buddhist temple. How smart are you Capcom?
I had to listen to the lyrics to confirm myself because no way would Capcom be dumb enough to include Islamic verses in a stage themed around Buddhism...

Once again I overestimated Capcom.

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";234802873]Time stone airdash is slow because it's a universal mechanic and it crosses through the opponent. You can do stuff like tag in off a special and do a crossup mixup with it.[/QUOTE]

is there a version of the for the ground so we can jojo?

Wallach

I had to listen to the lyrics to confirm myself because no way would Capcom be dumb enough to include Islamic verses in a stage themed around Buddhism...

Once again I overestimated Capcom.

It's a more common mistake than you think. It's a stock sample.

Numb

It's a more common mistake than you think. It's a stock sample.

Sheikh Harada too

Harada_desert_Dubai_480.jpg

Beckx

@diamonon
Please don't believe fake insiders. No DP or FB motions in MvC:I? #FakeNews

John D‏ –
@diamonon
Sr. Director of Licensing & Esports at Capcom / Oakland MDK / SacTown LphiE /Marvel vs Capcom Resurrector.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I know a few Buddhist that would hate to be associated with anything Islam. The two are vastly different.

Let's be optimistic and hope, beg, bother, yell, scream at Capcom to improve the visuals before the game comes out. I mean this looks like if Dennis Dyack was given the rights to make a Marvel fighter.

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";234809371]Actually, the jojo's roll mechanic is a pretty good analogue to the time stone dash.[/QUOTE]

p4a mechanics

jojo mechanics

this game is sounding good whats wrong with me

mbpm1

Getting people to believe down.down,DPs is legendary tho

I sincerely hope this is the case, because I was told point blank by someone who clearly attended the press event (they knew the release date, which characters were in the demo, and other gameplay details) that Ryu's Shoryuken was done with a down, down motion. That's a weird thing to be wrong about.
hmm

Dahbomb

people saying Officer Dahbomb has been dealing on the side too, smh
Not a single thing was officially leaked by me on GAF forums.

I had some dreams, that's all.

In any case I don't think Ryce should be on blast because this is most certainly a case of a press journo not being well versed in FGs. The embargo, release date, characters and broad mechanics were on point so the source is obviously legit.

Beckx

leaker life is a roller coaster

one minute everyone loves you, the next they're chasing you off the board for being too close to the company.

Not a single thing was officially leaked by me on GAF forums.

I had some dreams, that's all.

In any case I don't think Ryce should be on blast because this is most certainly a case of a press journo not being well versed in FGs. The embargo, release date, characters and broad mechanics were on point so the source is obviously legit.
You know that kind of shitty excuse won't fly with the mods. Keep your account safe.

Dude, we're only with the reveal cast right now. I'm sure your opinion will probably change.

Not me, though. I need my robot and since Sentinel is probably out Ultron's in.
Day of the Dormammu reveal, which IIRC was quite early on, I said "That is my character". It was right when he used Chaotic Flame for the first time. I was enamored.

Numb

leaker life is a roller coaster

one minute everyone loves you, the next they're chasing you off the board for being too close to the company.

That's why you always should end it with ''I ain't one to gossip so you ain't heard that from me''

82402f36049ba704316b1d87f3ad2f38.jpg

shaowebb

The gems still look like arcana heart to me

First the TVC footsies now this. Everything just keeps coming up Shaowebb!

Honestly though the effects of Stones do remind me of Extend Force passive abilities and game altering mechanics JUST LIKE ARCANA.
Seriously a great game folks. Arcana Heart is something that definitely should be looked toward for inspiration. It has a lot of stuff in there to borrow thats golden.

Kalamari

I love the clip function of Twitch, I just wish you could record longer than 2 minutes.

Watch your back Dahbomb, if you go to jail, who will call out the moneyhats?

shaowebb

Why do I get the feeling Sentinel will be DLC? There are a ton more valuable to spend cash on, but if he makes it due to his fan following in this series I just hope for one thing...the return of his air Down+H Body Press from X-Men Children of the Atom. The shit I could pull with tag combos and that mother of all crossups would be ridiculous.

VkpTv7x.gif

ebNzwGp.jpg

Been playing this on fightcade a lot lately. Truly surprised at just how many of his old moves there were that disappeared. Buzzsaw multihitting air kick, huge range jump kick...just cool stuff all around. Plus his cr H was a missile that hit like a truck back in those days and he used a lot of ground angled missiles.

EDIT: Yay! I found sprites of the old moves I mentioned!
w3GhZ6G.jpg
fkyfFwF.jpg

dKtRf3I.jpg
8Q23PMz.jpg

YkPzFIE.jpg
fDTZU6S.jpg

Dahbomb

Why do I get the feeling Sentinel will be DLC? There are a ton more valuable to spend cash on, but if he makes it due to his fan following in this series I just hope for one thing...the return of his air Down+H Body Press from X-Men Children of the Atom. The shit I could pull with tag combos and that mother of all crossups would be ridiculous.

VkpTv7x.gif

Been playing this on fightcade a lot lately. Truly surprised at just how many of his old moves there were that disappeared. Buzzsaw multihitting air kick, huge range jump kick...just cool stuff all around. Plus his cr H was a missile that hit like a truck back in those days and he used a lot of ground angled missiles.
The DLC characters are brand new characters, so new to the VS series (like Sigma). It can't be Sentinel.

VkpTv7x.gif

I'd say the game has no chance of Sentinel. They've already given the finger to series purists.

His CotA animations are incredible, though. MvC2 kind of gutted him, and then MvC3 tossed out the casing.

First the TVC footsies now this. Everything just keeps coming up Shaowebb!

Honestly though the effects of Stones do remind me of Extend Force passive abilities and game altering mechanics JUST LIKE ARCANA.
Seriously a great game folks. Arcana Heart is something that definitely should be looked toward for inspiration. It has a lot of stuff in there to borrow thats golden.
Yeah, but will you play it longer than you played MvC3?

Top Bottom