• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Pompadour

Seems like Capcom doesn't actually know what they want to do with DPs, hence the mass confusion.

LOL Capcpcom gonna Cappcom... get your shit together, game is releasing in 5 months!

From what I understand DPs can still be done with the traditional input so technically Capcom is right. Also, this is barely different than how DPs worked in SF games for the past 9 years.

Dahbomb

When I asked whether Morrigan keeps her ability to fire barrages of Souls Fists as quickly as she could in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, I was told, “No, it won’t be the same.

RIP in pepperonis Soul Fist spam I guess.

Line_HTX

AV Soul Fist spam was only a problem because of ONE PLAYER. So many people knew how to deal with it accordingly and shut that down.

They better not nerf it or RIOT.

Line_HTX

They would be really stupid to keep the brokenness kusoge of the franchise but take away Morrigan's stuff when other characters were more broken than her.

shaowebb

Sweet. All I know is I am gonna timerscam the shit out of folks with space stone's infinity storm shame cube. When I do I'll yell "Go to your room!"

Best timeout ever.

Negaduck

The most broken thing about morrigan was her ability to continue to build meter during her dragon install.

She was the only install character who still built meter in devil trigger.

I'm so damn happy guys. The only two things (well 3 counting OTG's) I wanted happened. Lord Sigma. 2p2k button scheme and fixing OTG's.

Praise the sun.

Line_HTX

Ryu built meter too and a few other characters IIRC. Firebrand, I think?

Regardless, there were a handful os characters that blew up Morrigan's bullet hell immediately.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ah Thanks! Really weird inconsistency imo. Should have been all or none.

In vanilla MvC3, install hypers either allowed meter-build or persisted on tag-out, but not both. IIRC it was less consistent with the new characters in Ultimate.

Line_HTX

C-ba1xvVoAATi-A.jpg

Limited to Story Mode, and it's Lars's chapter or some shit.

shaowebb

Combo breakers for 2 bars, universal lplkhphk combos, mashable l.p. combos, projectile reflect advancing guard, down hp for launcher and 2p2k.

Damn this is sounding good. Plus Thor can charge his hammer and it nullified non beam projectiles when he does it . Nice
I'm also digging cutting meter to 4 bars only. That plus breaker costs will result in more honest with meter instead of a ton of dhc shenanigans. If you can't stockpile as much you have to be more careful.

Horseress

Hulk and Thor, lesser-used characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 competition due to their poor mobility, now have access to a screen-crossing wall jump and improved air dash respectively to complement their close-range grabs.

wut

Dahbomb

Also chances of Dormammu in the game are pretty high still.

He is a character they obviously put a ton of effort into in Marvel 3 and the assets are ripe to be reused. Plus Dr Strange movie and MCU.

Yeach he would get retooled but so far every character has been changed in some way. Though be funny to see Dorm do some kicks/stomps.

AAK

Gundam and Arms

Arms looks to be very VOOT-like.

Gotcha, so arena fighters, not traitional 3D Fighters. Traditional 3D fighting games are definitely in a dark age.

With For Honor doing so well Arena fighters might probably replace 3D Fighters completely.

Harada usually joking about that kind of stuff.

Anyone else remember his excuse for not making any black characters in T7 vanilla? His answer being something along the lines of "We're not aware on how to do a black characters properly" after Bruce, Raven, Eddy already existed in prior games. All in all, Harada will blurt out some reactionary non-sensical shit during interviews.

SFV uses shitty servers from a Taiwan mobile provider or some shit like that, that means they will use something that does not need 10h of maintenance per week.

The exact wording from the Kotaku article is this:
Kotaku said:
While netplay stood on shaky ground in the early days of Street Fighter V (which also utilized the in-house Kagemusha netcode), the developers are planning to forgo their own servers this time around in favor of the dedicated platforms provided by Sony and Microsoft, hopefully providing more stability for the community’s online warriors.
They just mean that the servers are Sony and Microsoft's own servers, not servers meant for a mobile game as Smooth Operator pointed out.

Dahbomb

Disney should throw more checks at Capcom so they can improve the art/visuals of the game but right now that's what is dominating a lot of the conversation about the game (and the leaks I guess).

I get super exciting thinking of the possibilities in the game but man I cringe every time I have to open up a video of it. Marvel 3, BB and GG spoiled me way too hard. And I know I am not the only one.

Sayad

Because Disney money that's why.

It was in the GI article.
Nah, what they said is that they switched from Capcom servers to PSN/Live servers, this is actually probably cheaper than using their own servers but definitely better from what we've seen from Capcom servers.

Either way, the servers are for holding player data and matchmaking, gameplay is most probably still p2p. Servers for gameplay would be a disaster for a fighting game.

:(

I hope he makes it in, always liked using him.

His significant presence in the Doctor Strange movie gives him a good chance of inclusion, with a redesigned look, IMO.

Also chances of Dormammu in the game are pretty high still.

He is a character they obviously put a ton of effort into in Marvel 3 and the assets are ripe to be reused. Plus Dr Strange movie and MCU.

Yeach he would get retooled but so far every character has been changed in some way. Though be funny to see Dorm do some kicks/stomps.
Man you guys are missing the joke!

All I know is that if Dormammu is in this game, and Keits' hypothesis about being able to resurrect characters with a Soul stone is right, I'm playing runaway Dormammu and doing nothing but building meter to resurrect my partner over and over. Timer scam for DAYS.

Sayad

Man you guys are missing the joke!

All I know is that if Dormammu is in this game, and Keits' hypothesis about being able to resurrect characters with a Soul stone is right, I'm playing runaway Dormammu and doing nothing but building meter to resurrect my partner over and over. Timer scam for DAYS.
But you can't have proper zooning in the game if you're catering to casuals! 🤔

Disney should throw more checks at Capcom so they can improve the art/visuals of the game but right now that's what is dominating a lot of the conversation about the game (and the leaks I guess).

I get super exciting thinking of the possibilities in the game but man I cringe every time I have to open up a video of it. Marvel 3, BB and GG spoiled me way too hard. And I know I am not the only one.

I think the art/visuals will most certainly change before release. The visuals for SFV changed quite a bit from its first preview.

KoF got a great patch that boosted its visuals after release so I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for Capcom to do the same thing.

As long as the gameplay is there, the game will do well.

Top Bottom