• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

mbpm1

Tekken 7 might be missing a record function for training mode. Recent footage that went through training mode showed no record function.

that's pretty funny. aris mentioned way back that he thought that was essential for training mode and that by ranting about it he basically met harada.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It's hardly a difference.

Depends on whether they actually design the attacks around the button scheme this time.

MvC2 handled this poorly. Any character who had a medium-strength normal that would have been useful in neutral was shit out of luck because the only way you could use them was in the middle of a chain combo.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
lol

i think he literally just doesn't want the guy to think he said PETA

Harada does not want the PETA tweets

EVEN PANDA IS HERE PETA DON'T @ ME

How many PETA members does it take to change a lightbulb?

0 cause we all know PETA can't change anything.

Dahbomb

Yeah the Australian guy also said that you can block in the Cube.

Seems like there are just different builds floating around with the game and different information being circulated around.

I really doubt they would have the cube give you unblockable attacks. That's too much even for Marvel.

MechaX

Man, I don't even play Tekken and Tekken 7's story mode and game mode videos got me from "I'll see how it does" to "nm, day one." I tried TTT2, liked it, but was in the middle of law school and had no real time to get used to it.

If I could use a VF analog, who plays the most like Sarah Bryant? Because that's my character now.

FACE

Banned
https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/857828772749258753

Rev 2 PC on June 1st

C2IUCfpUkAAJuGn.jpg:large

Line_HTX

Markman says that the record function is there and can record 5 different command sets for 30 second sequences.

I highly doubt that they'd take the record function away after it was there in Tag 2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just wondering if anyone here has seen the Daigo documentary Living the Game? Have a chance to watch it, but not sure if I should head out for it.

CO_Andy

Ugh. Too many fighing games being released in June. Big lol at Capcom releasing USF2 two weeks before ARMS.

Injustice 2 and Tekken just craps on Marvel visually. Marvel reminds me of Wii U game. High res clean textures but details aren't current gen. I'm kinda sad really. I know Capcom can do a lot better.
C'mon, the Nintendo approach would be to hide the obvious graphical deficit thru a unique visual style. MVCi is anything but unique.

Looks exactly what i imagined if the game were Western developed in the 360 days.

If I could use a VF analog, who plays the most like Sarah Bryant? Because that's my character now.
Anna, Zafina

AAK

Man, I don't even play Tekken and Tekken 7's story mode and game mode videos got me from "I'll see how it does" to "nm, day one." I tried TTT2, liked it, but was in the middle of law school and had no real time to get used to it.

In T6/Tag 2 I would have said Baek but since there's almost 0 percent chance he's returning it'll gave to be Hwoarang. He is the Go-To character for stance based rushdown + mixups. But unfortunately it takes a really long while to familiarize yourself with his moveset knowing what options you have in what stance.

In the scenario Hwoarang's moveset becomes too overwhelming:
-If you get the most satisfaction out of Sarah's Edge Kick executions I recommend Lee Chaolan since you can get something similar with Lee's acid rain.
-If you get the most satisfaction out of Sarah's Shadow Step & Shuffle stances give Josie a try.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Hwaorang has mostly kick based attacks and a flamingo stance, is also on the more agressive side of the cast as well.

Line_HTX

Well, at least both games coming out on Steam roughly the same time will keep me busy. T7 and Rev2 are definitely the better games this year.

Negaduck

Depends on whether they actually design the attacks around the button scheme this time.

MvC2 handled this poorly. Any character who had a medium-strength normal that would have been useful in neutral was shit out of luck because the only way you could use them was in the middle of a chain combo.

The same thing happens with legacy characters. What if I prefer to use Ryu's s. Mk sometimes or s.mp sometimes. When the layout is ABC we only get access to a single version of that.

If the answer is, f+B or a command normal can take the place of the punch or kick version, the same could be done with this as well.

I love the Mvc2 layout so I'm over the rainbow myself.

But the same complaints you have regarding the 2p2k layout are there in the Mvc3 layout as well.

Dahbomb

I don't think Marvel Infinite will have the issue of medium moves being gated behind double tap lights. We just won't have medium moves.

Top Bottom