• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Speely

Banned
Sooo ready for this! Colter is an awesome Luke Cage, and these Netflix Marvel shows have not let me down once yet.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wonder if JJ will show up in this.

More to the point, (JESSICA JONES SPOILERS) I wonder
if Luke's time spent under the spell of the Purple Man will be addressed or simply brushed off. I'd imagine that realistically, Luke would still be dealing with some kind of trauma as a result.

More to the point, (JESSICA JONES SPOILERS) I wonder
if Luke's time spent under the spell of the Purple Man will be addressed or simply brushed off. I'd imagine that realistically, Luke would still be dealing with some kind of trauma as a result.

I honestly think they'll brush it under the carpet, or briefly discuss it when Claire comes in.

And waiting for the line from Claire "Seriously dude I have a friend who can help with this, he's called D-"

"- not till 2017 baby"

The trailers I've seen have given me high expectations for this.

Loved DD and JJ so I'm hoping this is another excellent addition to the Netflix/Marvel TV show's.

TheOddOne

- TVLine: Luke Cage Review: New Marvel Series Is Strong, But Not Without Weak Spots.
Again, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and now Luke Cage take… their…… time in unspooling a 13-episode story, rarely serving up action scenes just because. As such, each skirmish that “Harlem’s Captain America” (as one character dubs Luke) allows himself into — or, later, initiates — boasts a special immediacy. And as one-note as his ability may appear to be on paper, the series finds multiple innovative, whiz-bang! ways to illustrate it (and to a more frequent degree than was done with Jessica Jones’ own skills).

Slayven

Luke Cage is stronger than Jessica.. I'm guessing he can lift a car over his head. He's definitely stronger and more durable than Captain America.

They water them down. Luke is close to the hulk in comics. And Jessica is a little behind him

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
It's Thor : The Dark World, not Thor 2: The Dark World!

Quoted for 2nd page.

It's Thor 2: The Dark World

What is wrong with you people?

Can you not READ? :mad:

iaorYfO.png

dabig2

They water them down. Luke is close to the hulk in comics. And Jessica is a little behind him

Luke and Jessica got a power creep that large already? Aren't they supposed to be closer to Spider-Man's level than sniffing anywhere near the top guys like Hulk, Thor, Blue Marvel, or Black Bolt? I don't even think they're supposed to be near She-Hulk's level.

Luke and Jessica got a power creep that large already? Aren't they supposed to be closer to Spider-Man's level than sniffing anywhere near the top guys like Hulk, Thor, Blue Marvel, or Black Bolt? I don't even think they're supposed to be near She-Hulk's level.

Hulk is still the strongest there is, but average Hulk? The Thing can stand up to him and Cage can stand up to the Thing.

Slayven

I don't think he's anywhere near Hulk level. I don't even think he's Colossus level.

His power has creeped up over time. On a good day, he's fighting people like Thanos' Black Order members by himself.

What? Cap level at best.

I know I am one of the 17 people that read the 90s series where Luke went through the process that gave him powers a second time.

Luke clowned Ironclad, who regular goes toe to toe with the Hulk

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's after JJ that's a definite. Whether it's before or after DD season 2 remains to be confirmed either way.

Wasn't it basically confirmed that this is largely set before DD S2 on account of Claire having a cut on her face in DD S2 that the showrunners explained would be acquired by Claire in Luke Cage's series?

It's after JJ that's a definite. Whether it's before or after DD season 2 remains to be confirmed either way.

It's concurrent with DD S2.

source: I have watched the first 7 episodes. VERY MINOR SPOILER:
Rosario Dawson's character goes to Harlem right after the hospital attack from DD

I know I am one of the 17 people that read the 90s series where Luke went through the process that gave him powers a second time.

Luke clowned Ironclad, who regular goes toe to toe with the Hulk

Yup I have zero recollection of him doing that. At some point you can't be considered street level then.

Are there any Luke Cage series in the vein of the show? As in playing down the Marvel superhero stuff and just focusing on Cage, more grounded crime thriller style like this

Never thought Cap and Black Panther would end up being my favorite MCU heroes, and it's looking like Colter will make Cage my favorite Netflix hero.

Slayven

Are there any Luke Cage series in the vein of the show? As in playing down the Marvel superhero stuff and just focusing on Cage, more grounded crime thriller style like this

Never thought Cap and Black Panther would end up being my favorite MCU heroes, and it's looking like Colter will make Cage my favorite Netflix hero.

The last Power Man series, al thought it focuses on the new dude does this

The Kree

Banned

His characterization here will borrow from Bendis' reimagining in Alias and New Avengers, but the New Avengers stories are not street level stuff. Worth reading though.

Top Bottom