• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The RNC trolls the DNC with a fake schedule of its fall meeting

Morts

Why does everyone call for donations from shitty people to be returned? Isn't it better that the shitty people not have the money?

They go low you go low. I think the democrats should straight up point out how absurdly hypocritical this all is from the RNC

Never mind how self evident it all is. A lot of citizens are morons, you gotta hammer it out in the media

Brakke

Banned
But on a complete derail why is anyone morally obligated to give money back to a dirt-bag?

Why does everyone call for donations from shitty people to be returned? Isn't it better that the shitty people not have the money?

Its shitty to benefit from abhorrent behavior, even indirectly. And you don’t want even a whiff of the slightest appearance that you’re beholden to or appreciative of a slimeball. Don’t want your constituents thinking “will this candidate protect me or protect that rich dirtbag donor?”. It’s about dismantling the relationship.

In a some cases, people “return” the donation to a relevant non-profit. In this case, some people “returned” Weinstein money to domestic violence shelters and the like.

But yeah. The whole concept is kind of messy so I don’t personally scorn anyone who doesn’t return a donation. Always struck me as more optics than substance.

10:00am Weinstein Shopping Spree

How to spend the $300,000 in money we won't return from Harvey Weinstein

http://deadline.com/2017/10/clinton...nstein-donations-not-return-spent-1202189062/
'We are a charity. Donations, these included, have been spent fighting childhood obesity and HIV/AIDS, combating climate change, and empowering girls and women, and we have no plans to return them'

fuck the RNC, they shouldn't be joking around when a literal clown's hijacked their party and is steering the ship

Ogodei

Trolling is like their official party platform now. They morphed from whatever the hell "Morning in America" and "compassionate conservatism" was about to "u mad, libtard cuck fag? Lol."

I'm sure the party's forebears are just brimming with pride.

The Pre-Nixon Republicans are spinning in their graves, but i'm sure the man himself is quite proud. The pettiness, the paranoia, the willingness to look the other way on any crime their side commits. Does a poor boy from La Habra proud.

jerd

That Michigan line was a decent jab

I'm assuming they spent too much time working on that one and had to throw 6 more on at the last second. I'm not even sure most of the others qualify as jokes

Top Bottom