• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Zafir

Jesus. I have the worst luck buying from LRG.

I already received something damaged before from LRG, which ended in me returning it and they sent a replacement with much better packaging. Since they dealt with it well, I'd forgiven them for it and thought they might have learned their lesson with international packaging. Apparently not... Ys Origin CE has arrived, there's a reasonably sized hole in the delivery box, and what ever damaged the box, the impact went right through the thin layer of bubble wrap and damaged the Ys Origin CE box (which is torn pretty badly on the front).

Again, I don't think the packaging was particularly adequate for international shipping, such a thin layer of bubble wrap wasn't going to stop anything major.

It's pretty impressive really. I've bought a lot of things from the US and Asia over the years, and I don't remember much getting damaged really. Now twice in the same year. =/

Zafir

Wanna bet?

Oh, I'm sure someone has had worse luck, so no. :p

Just sucks. It's a real pain messing around with international returns, and costly.

Last time I got charged by customs on the replacement which I was pretty irritated by. You can get money back, but it means sending forms and evidence in etc. Real annoying.

Ill get la mulana. dunno if 1 or 2 copies tho. depending on manual etc.

We know anything about darkest dungeon LRG if its even a thing? I know that amiami listing for a JP version is legit.

Also my lawbreakers order that I got for a friend is finally on its way. hilarious that the order will reach my friend and no one is playing the game anymore lol

cj_iwakura

For posterity.

DMTViObVQAAMAKR.jpg
DMTViOxV4AEoW-t.jpg

cj_iwakura

They should have kept the costumes black and red to get me to feel for main character.

But seriously that could have easily been checked. Why wasn't it???

Survey says? Laziness! They LITERALLY just brought over the Asian book and mass produced it.

I don't want to say they're lazy, but...
Yeah. They're lazy.

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even check.

cj_iwakura

If anyone besides me cares(lol, story in shmups, so probably not...)

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/920110380638179333

"We didn't localize this. H2 Interactive did. They provided the exact same art book asset used for the English Asian release.
We don't even have in-house localization capability. We utilize the art assets given to us by our clients unless directed to do otherwise.
We are provided art assets by our partners and we don't always have free reign to rephrase or reinterpret their localizations.
Sorry, I didn't even notice that was the issue in what you pictured at first.
This slipped through the cracks in the rush to hit the deadline to avoid an ESRB rating.
With the content in this game - it's possible the ESRB rating could have made the game unreleasable."

Top Bottom