• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 7 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My update isn't due until May of next year. Delay Apollo to spring 2012, MS! Do it for me! I can't bear to see a windows phone superdevice this fall, it would break my heart
and wallet

Woffls

I think the IMDB app did this for me, when it was running as backgrund service. You can try disabling some background apps and see if that helps...
This didn't work :( any other suggestions would be handy. Last thing I want to do is walk into Vodafone tomorrow and swap my Lumia for something else.

MCD

This didn't work :( any other suggestions would be handy. Last thing I want to do is walk into Vodafone tomorrow and swap my Lumia for something else.

Same thing happened to me right after updating it to the latest version. And from my findings, 3G seems to be the culprit. I am sticking with 2G till they fix this shite of a firmware.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Swap it for another Lumia again. Chalk it up to bad luck, since there is absolutely no way that problem is universal for all lumia 800's.

Troll

Banned
Anyone know the Twitter handles to Microsoft Windows Phone people? Preferably the ones who actually worked on Windows Phone directly.

Anyone know the Twitter handles to Microsoft Windows Phone people? Preferably the ones who actually worked on Windows Phone directly.

@joebelfiore Duh
@brianseitz marketing guy on the team
@cliffsimpkins Program manager
@jccim works on the eco system for devs
@billcox marketing director on the team

Anno

I kinda get stuff like Flipboard, Pandora and Instagram. Being upset at the lack of HBO-Go, however, baffles me. But yes, by and large I can't wait for people to stop accepting apps as a good way to do things.
Please reassure me they will eventually realize =(

eastmen

Banned
I kinda get stuff like Flipboard, Pandora and Instagram. Being upset at the lack of HBO-Go, however, baffles me. But yes, by and large I can't wait for people to stop accepting apps as a good way to do things.
Please reassure me they will eventually realize =(

I'd use HBO go moe than the others. I don't need Pandora as zune pass is superior (although has a monthly cost )

The OS needs more apps , the important ones are getting filled in but people love to download stupid apps and play with them once or twice and never use them again and MS needs that. But that will happen when windows 8 drops

Troll

Banned
Here is the MWC agenda.

Remember, it is in Barcelona. That's Spain. Some of you need to be ready to be up late/early.

I suggest you start conditioning your sleep patterns now.

JaggedSac

Wonder what changes they will make to Wordament, the free version is quite nice already. Would need some good justification to pay for it.

thundr51

Anybody have any solid news on the neogaf app? I don't have a dev license but I can run homebrew on my phone to do some testing. I'm a bit of a dev myself so if any help is needed I can help out as well.

venne

Wonder what changes they will make to Wordament, the free version is quite nice already. Would need some good justification to pay for it.

Could be free as well. I have a few free live games. Biggest bonus would be the social aspect of Xbox Live instead of 'fenemies.'

Here's to hoping it's cross platform with a Windows 8 consumer preview version.

hoos30

Does anyone know how to get the live tile for the updated Facebook app to clear the red dot notification message? This *&^( will drive me bat shit insane if it doesn't update.

jagowar

Could be free as well. I have a few free live games. Biggest bonus would be the social aspect of Xbox Live instead of 'fenemies.'

Here's to hoping it's cross platform with a Windows 8 consumer preview version.

agreed... I would love to have it use my gamertag. Had it on my first phone but after the mango upgrade (and me having to revert to remove the mango beta) I had to get a new tag as there is no way to recover an old one. Achievements will also be nice if it includes those too.

Is there a good news app with a working live tile? The unofficial BBC app is GREAT and the live tile gets me to access the app to read the latest...but I'm American and don't really care for national UK news.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Does anyone know how to get the live tile for the updated Facebook app to clear the red dot notification message? This *&^( will drive me bat shit insane if it doesn't update.

Try unpinning and pinning back. The red dot is either notifications, PM's etc. but sometimes it gets "stuck".

agreed... I would love to have it use my gamertag. Had it on my first phone but after the mango upgrade (and me having to revert to remove the mango beta) I had to get a new tag as there is no way to recover an old one. Achievements will also be nice if it includes those too.

Wait, why could you not recover you gamertag? It's tie to your Live account (or at least on mine) and if you put that in your tag should just show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom