• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommendations for anime like Attack on Titan?

Necrovex

So, if you can swallow the incessant fan-service in it, High School of the Dead. The director who handled Attack on Titan directed it. Essentially hits what you're looking for in a show. But again, let me stress, you must have a high tolerance for fan-service, and for the love of god, don't watch it with any non-anime folks.

Edit: Also it's incomplete, and I expect it will remain incomplete as the manga creator recently passed away.

HeatBoost

Attack on Titan isn't really like a lot of other things. It's such a weird conflagration of different influences that maybe your best bet would be to check out individual influences?

Maybe check on Schwarzesmarken. It's the closest thing there is to a good Muvluv anime.

OP, I like a lot of anime with action but i lean more heavy to dark sort of stuff. Off the top of my head, these are my personal favs that are imo similar to Attack on Titan. Not sure if all of them would fit the description of large action packed but I hope you find some good ones here..

Tokyo Ghoul
Berserk
Fate Stay
Black Lagoon
Gantz
My hero academia
One punch man
Jormungand
Hunter X Hunter
Darker than Black
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Alchemist

Jamiaro

I'll bump this thread by asking:

What is a solid "realistic" or otherwise good samurai-anime?

I took a few hints from this thread regarding anime similar to Attack on Titan but I'd really like to know something good about samurai-genre also.

I took a few hints from this thread regarding anime similar to Attack on Titan but I'd really like to know something good about samurai-genre also.
Moribito is fantastic. Great animation, memorable characters, and a nice story that is self contained in a 26-ish episode season.

It's a rather classy show too without any fan service. Totally it reminds me of Miyazaki movies or Sword of the Stranger.

marzlapin

I can't think of an anime but if you're open to manga you might want to try Lone Wolf and Cub.

Sojgat

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen OVAs

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hunter x Hunter takes a very long time to get to the really fucked up stuff and the 2011 anime actually started as a kids show.

Jamiaro

Moribito is fantastic. Great animation, memorable characters, and a nice story that is self contained in a 26-ish episode season.

It's a rather classy show too without any fan service. Totally it reminds me of Miyazaki movies or Sword of the Stranger.

I can't think of an anime but if you're open to manga you might want to try Lone Wolf and Cub.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen OVAs

Thank you for these. :) I'll check these out!

arigato

I wouldn't really say that OPM and MP100 is anything at all like Attack on Titan, Death Note and Code Geass

I would suggest Tokyo Ghoul, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Sidonia no Kishi, Hellsing Ultimate, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Claymore(ending sucks tho)
I want to see Claymore get adapted into an anime once again. Feels as if the original didn't live up to the potential that it had.

Top Bottom