• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how about that heatwave this week in California?

Ballistik

Heatwave is hitting California and areas surrounding it, some all time high records are going to potentially be broken. Just look at this:
Rl6qlWV.jpg

How are you guys dealing with the heat?

This is the oven I live in:
(Current weather at 8:00 AM)
2kxLgRN.png

In Celcius
VH5WhZY.png

It isn't anywhere near that in the UK and we're acting like it is the apocalypse. We don't have AC though.

Praying for West Coast gaf

see5harp

It's fucking insanity here. I just didn't turn off the air conditioning all weekend. Basically I've had it on for 4 straight days. Going outside at midnight and it being like 80 degrees is insane.

Over 100 where I live all week. Spiking at about 110 on wednesday and my AC is running full blast all week.

The worst part is its also pretty humid where I am at as well which makes it 10x worse.

SkyOdin

I'm staying indoors with the AC on full blast. My family bought a new large wall-mounted AC unit just a few weeks ago, since our central air is getting old and could croak at any time. I am really glad we did. 110+ temperatures can kill people.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Yesterday my car said 110 degrees. The parks were ghost towns. It wasn't fun.

We had a beautiful late spring in Nor Cal, rain all the way up to early June, mid 70's and 80's. Then one fucking week later is 113 degrees. God damn I don't remember a turn around that hard.

When you used to live in Mexicali, the weather here in California right now isn't too bad.

still, the lack of air conditioning sucks when going to bed.

rjinaz

Are those numbers for phoenix real ? Google says 120F is 49 celsius. How do you survive that ?

Air conditioning. I don't know how the people that work outside do it though.
But on the plus side here in Phoenix, the pool I swim in will finally be in the upper 80s.
Yeah 120 is pretty brutal. We usually top out at 115 or so, I don't recall the last time it was over 118.

Projected to be 119 here in AZ tomorrow.

Are those numbers for phoenix real ? Google says 120F is 49 celsius. How do you survive that ?
Yes. They're real. At least I live in a cooler area!

lol

We all pay ridiculous amounts to AC here though. It's literally a necessity. My girlfriend's house, a new house with good insulation l, got over 90 INSIDE when her AC broke a couple years back.

jmdajr

Damn. Not even as hot here in Texas. Well not Houston at least.

But hey, at least a potential hurricane isn't coming your way.

Murugo

Apartment is too old to have centralized cooling, just a dinky air conditioner in the bedroom. It was miserable indoors yesterday and even hotter outside (95).

Rootbeer

Banned
We don't have AC so it's pretty rough. We are used to it coasting in the 60s most days. Just toughing through it with my fan and hoping it's over soon.

As a lifer from Cali, this "heat wave" really isn't a thing. It was mid 80s yesterday, and even 90 something in socal is really just dry heat. A fan, some shade will do nicely but of course sitting in an AC cooled house is always best.

Everything always seems to be so dramatic.. HEAT WAVE!! Oh, wait.. todays high is Orange County is 88 degrees. This is the kind of weather people move here for lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i'm in an office 8 hours a day during the week then an air conditioned bus for 10 hours a week and my apartment the rest of the time.

I'm fine.

120F is like 50C... FUCK this. In Germany we are projected to get ~35C on Thursday which already feels terrible, but I don't know how you guys survive this (if you have to step outside that is).

Top Bottom