• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RalchAC

TL;DR of the post quoted below

Today I've been doing some runs at Aokiji 30 stamina. In general, I don't have reliable enough teams to clear 35 versions, so instead of ignoring the event altogether I'd just run the lower stamina versions for a chance to get Marineford Luffy books, which should work quite well along Ace in a Fighter team.

I'm using

INTHawk / Mihawk
Whiteybay / Slasherdile
Doflamingo / GP Usopp

This time Coliseum seems to be mostly filler, which isn't that bad for a change. I was wondering if I should pull this Sugo, but lately I've been feel a bit underwhelmed when it comes to the game, don't feel like playing that much, so it's easy to skip.

At this point, I think the game expects old players (which are the ones that do 35 stamina versions) to have a much better box than I do. No wonder, honestly, people playing the Japanese version seems to point out that Legends are much more common than here in Japan.

Coliseum, for example, while having some F2P teams (or Slasher teams with Koza lol), are quite annoying to deal with unless you have a Legend.

Some of the later 60 stamina raid bosses don't have as straightforward F2P teams as the first two batches (leaving Aokiji aside, fuck him). Even Doflamingo, which I've described as quite annoying to deal with, has a quite easy to build F2P team in the form of 2x Monster Chopper + STR beatstich, Perona, Mihawk and GP Usopp.

So I'll keep playing until Anniversary. See how my box is after the event, play for a bit to see if having more fun once I have more tools to play with and make a decision after that.

While I see that there is definitely an increasing difficulty curve, I feel I'm (at least partially) guilty of it, since not pulling for over 4 months isn't something that the game expects from its playerbase.

Edit: Sorry for the rant. I just wanted to share my feeling a bit :p. So, I'll just say:

TL;DR: I'm not having too much fun with the game, since I'm not able to play quite a big part of the hard content right now. While the difficulty has definitely increased, part of the fault is mine, since I haven't pulled in 4 months and the game doesn't expect its playerbase to have such a will power lol.

Majukun

Guys, I finally got my 50th Lucci book to drop. I'm officially ready to save Ace! Where'd he go?

i'm on the opposite side...today i stopped killing marines...had 30 marineford luffy books,got 1 skillup from every set of 5 bar 1..so i just farmed another 5 books and called it a day and i'm gonna use them during the skillup event..if they work,great,it's max at 17 turns..if not it's still usable at 18
now i'm farming colo franky (even though i don't know if i'll have enough space to farm 60 of those)..then i will farm the last 4 beast lucci in the last couple days of it....gave up totally on getting a decent amount of legend lucci books since they totally disappeared after the first couple days...i have like 10 of them...but also i don't have legend lucci, so...

i'm on the opposite side...today i stopped killing marines...had 30 marineford luffy books,got 1 skillup from every set of 5 bar 1..so i just farmed another 5 books and called it a day and i'm gonna use them during the skillup event..if they work,great,it's max at 17 turns..if not it's still usable at 18
now i'm farming colo franky (even though i don't know if i'll have enough space to farm 60 of those)..then i will farm the last 4 beast lucci in the last couple days of it....gave up totally on getting a decent amount of legend lucci books since they totally disappeared after the first couple days...i have like 10 of them...but also i don't have legend lucci, so...

Personally I'd wait for the 2Y Sunny to farm Franky copies, unless you're just doing it with your natural stamina. No stall coliseum farming sounds like a dream. It just might be the most useful thing to come out of this anniversary event.

Majukun

Personally I'd wait for the 2Y Sunny to farm Franky copies, unless you're just doing it with your natural stamina. No stall coliseum farming sounds like a dream. It just might be the most useful thing to come out of this anniversary event.

i always farm just with natural stamina

Kukumalu

Did a couple singles just to try my luck and got 2 silvers, Lao G. and SWS Zoro and, needless to say, just yesterday I sold like 40 or 50 SWS Zoro books since I needed the space.
fml

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
9BzGQ2L.jpg

A day late, but I reached 365 days yesterday. I'm currently Pirate level 327 after all this time! It feels like not that long ago when I was re-rolling for a Boa and Valentine RR account. :)

I'm too lazy to designate maxed specials, but I have every raid boss special maxed except Blackbeard, Duval, and Kizaru at this time. For legends, I've got Rayleigh and Crocodile both maxed. And most important RRs that I have whose books have come out, I've maxed their specials as well.

I'll have at least 275 gems ready for the Anniversary Sugo when it hits. Here's hoping for some luck!

Rixa

ok so if you have 2% hp you only get 1.5 damage?

Cpt ability:

Boosts ATK of Cerebral characters proportionally to the crew's current HP

The exact multiplier used to compute the damage is proportional to the crew's remaining HP and is higher the lower the HP is. The multiplier is calculated as 1.5 + 1.75 * (1 - (remaining HP) / (total HP)). At full health the boost is equal to 1.5x, with 1 HP left to 3.25x.

Tidd

Goal for this week: Get 5 legend Lucci & MF Luffy books each day. And max at least Fujitora with CC.

Let's see how I did so far:

- maxed MF Luffy
- maxed Fujitora with CC
- Boa is close to 100 RCV CC
- 42 Lucci books (just 8 more) Never thought that this would be so easy without gemming. :eek:

bobohoro

Threw a single on day 2 and 3, got 4* DeCalvan Brothers (dupe) and 4* Bastille (dupe).
It's ridiculous, I hardly have any RR at all and am pulling dupes 80% of the time.

Overall I'm a bit burned out from OPTC. Doesn't help that Yakuza/Nioh/Nier/Persona 5 release back to back, after a year of nothing particulary intersting on traditional gaming platforms for me. Having to run those long-ass event stages and meat rate-up takes a big amount of time and for the first time in nearly half a year I just didn't care about playing efficiently and rather turned on my PS4.

My excitement also went down some more with the dissapointing part II announcement. I'll hang around for now, but not pulling anything interesting next sugo or a delayed 6.0 patch might actually make me quit on the spot, since I'm close to my point of no return, where mindless fun turns to compulsive annoyance.

MiTYH

Threw a single on day 2 and 3, got 4* DeCalvan Brothers (dupe) and 4* Bastille (dupe).
It's ridiculous, I hardly have any RR at all and am pulling dupes 80% of the time.

Overall I'm a bit burned out from OPTC. Doesn't help that Yakuza/Nioh/Nier/Persona 5 release back to back, after a year of nothing particulary intersting on traditional gaming platforms for me. Having to run those long-ass event stages and meat rate-up takes a big amount of time and for the first time in nearly half a year I just didn't care about playing efficiently and rather turned on my PS4.

My excitement also went down some more with the dissapointing part II announcement. I'll hang around for now, but not pulling anything interesting next sugo or a delayed 6.0 patch might actually make me quit on the spot, since I'm close to my point of no return, where mindless fun turns to compulsive annoyance.

That's funny, RNG wise I need both of those.

Meat-up is definitely hurting me now since the event takes a while. I just got a meat up on full stamina and went.... well.... I guess I'll play....

I'm mostly in it for some good books and CC, which I've gotten at least +50 on my Shanks legend. Need a skillup event badly

EMT0

Banned
That's funny, RNG wise I need both of those.

Meat-up is definitely hurting me now since the event takes a while. I just got a meat up on full stamina and went.... well.... I guess I'll play....

I'm mostly in it for some good books and CC, which I've gotten at least +50 on my Shanks legend. Need a skillup event badly

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I got two meats and a level up and just ended up thinking well shit...I just wanna play some Overwatch man, I don't wanna run more FNs :( Especially not when I keep having to comb my box every third run due to sitting right at max.

Majukun

on the virght side,i got 3/5 with a yolo feed of qck lucci books,maxing him
on the other side, most of the farming i've done today was useless..except maybe to socket fn bepo.

no idea what i'm gonna do tomorrow though.

Hana-Bi

Man, Kizaru stopped droping anything. Just one cc and no Luffy books anymore. Tried to get my last two skill ups out of 14 books but didn't get anything so I need to farm 10 books again...

EMT0

Banned
Did some more research, and it seems like I could be running a pretty strong Croc team right about now if I could get the Moby Dick. Thanks to my spanking new Corazon, I could probably beat the forest too, but I won't actually be able to run it until this next event hits and I can drop a 5m meat on him...and Heracles/Kuma won't be ready to roll anyways until this upcoming skillup which is still way too damn far away for my tastes.

Kyou

how's everyone else doing on the Ace stuff

so far my Luffy is one level away from max, I've managed to max a few random units I was one off from like Rakuyo, and I've gotten three boa and three almighty books which I am happy about.

edit: And countless fucking cotton candies. I never realized how pricey they were to use on high level units

Hana-Bi

Yeah, cc is the best thing of the event so far. Got two almighty books in the beginning and nothing more since then. Some legend books here and there but nothing amazing. Will probably run Kizaru too tomorrow. Foxy + SW Usopp books are nice to have and my dex units could need some exp too.

Hopefully we'll see tomorrow if there'll be a part 3 of the event and whether or not we'll get Ace island with the tomes.

Kukumalu

Used my PSY Marco and GP Usopp books to try and Max them so I could farm Doflamingo tonight and got 0 skill-ups on both.
Not sure I can farm him reliably with my Fujitora team since I don't have Blackbeard at Max special or many Blackbeard friends to do the "easy" team.
Pretty sad about it since it's pretty much the only character left I need on my Fujitora team and would definitely open up a lot more content or at least speed up the ones I can already do.

RedBoot

Got MF Luffy maxed last night, so I guess at this point I'm just running the admiral levels for CC. Probably going to switch back to Bepo and try to get a few more Story Lucci books.

Also:

Almighty Books obtained during this event: 5
Foxy books obtained during this event: 1

Clearly Bandai knows what the real prizes are.

Kyou

Well shit. So much for trying for a few more Foxy books.

Guess I'll try for QCK Lucci books and get Legend Lucci books instead.

I'm getting a few doffy sockets off meat and stamina I was saving up for more aokiji

This whole save Ace thing has been really poorly communicated. They STILL haven't updated the website with the new rewards.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This whole save Ace thing has been really poorly communicated. They STILL haven't updated the website with the new rewards.
Dude, you're always on the wrong side of the tinfoil hat. They never said they would be updating it; this is where they are giving something extra, no matter how many more we kill.

MKAllDay

Why do so many of the guides for beating 60 stamina Doffy requires a high skill level Doffy?! If I had a high skill Doffy I would not be watching your practically useless guide.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What tinfoil hat? In various social media they kept saying "Keep going! Defeat more marines to earn additional prizes! *link to website*" If it was stuff we'd get regardless than I guess that was
Look, Global beat it hecka early, and they were not going to commit a ton of tiers for a bunch of prizes because you know we would have went ham as they (are supposed to) be better and better. They want us to feel like we're still contributing something to the event though. Why the fuck are you mentioning the website link, you want them to remove the link or something?

Kyou

Geez what are you so angry at dude? You're losing your head over an idle comment about wishing the schedule and goal stuff was communicated better. Calm down.

Anyway, on topic, I'm 3/3 on Doflamingo sockets which is luck I was not expecting.

Top Bottom