• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
I don't think there's a tougher match-up I've played in this game than Yasuo vs Ahri. Feels really frustrating to go up against a dude who can straight up just render your entire moveset obsolete until you put yourself in a way less favourable position.

I don't think there's a tougher match-up I've played in this game than Yasuo vs Ahri. Feels really frustrating to go up against a dude who can straight up just render your entire moveset obsolete until you put yourself in a way less favourable position.

Which champ is this the hardest for? I've seen some very successful Yasuo's that juke and wall the charm. If Ahri wiff's that, the punishment is heavy.

Now wanna talk about a really hard matchup for Yas in mid? Fuckin Annie, Brand and Ekko can make him scream like a bitch.

Moonlight

Banned
Which champ is this the hardest for? I've seen some very successful Yasuo's that juke and wall the charm. If Ahri wiff's that, the punishment is heavy.

Now wanna talk about a really hard matchup for Yas in mid? Fuckin Annie, Brand and Ekko can make him scream like a bitch.
Sorry, I'm the Ahri in the equation, lol. Just spent a game getting really annoyed over getting all my orbs and auto-attacks eaten and losing a lot of CS as a result.

kenbo

I think he's the ahri player

Watch for his dashes onto you and charm him mid dash

Dash through his wall for the charm... You can always dash out after he dashes onto you

Zone him off your minions before you Q harass him

Make him waste his wall before you use all of yours... Your charm cd is much less than his windwall

Heimerdinger also poops on yasuo

zkylon

zkylewd
yasuo's really easy for ahri actually

just poke him with autos and heal with your passive. save your charm for when he jumps at you and use your ult to reposition yourself behind windwall if u need to

it's a pretty easy matchup

yasuo is really easy to shit on lol

theres a reason why most of gaf trolls when yasuo ends up on their team.
i don't think most of gaf trolls when they have a yasuo on their team lol

just groan

Sorry, I'm the Ahri in the equation, lol. Just spent a game getting really annoyed over getting all my orbs and auto-attacks eaten and losing a lot of CS as a result.

Oh. I did not expect that. lol. Well I can't recall too many times losing a lane to Yas in the climb to Rank 5 with her. Did see several along the way. In my experience, it should be a reasonable task to auto him to get rid of his passive. From there, just be patient and make the most of the Q opportunities when they present themselves. Let him push the wave if he's super aggro flying around with his E and ask for a gank. One thing Yasuo doesn't have is an escape. If he's over-extended you need to make sure your jungler knows it. Once you hit 6, you'll have to rely on our outplay. Look for opportunities once the final Q stack is expended and remember distance is your ally with Ahri. Use your ult to kite far enough that he can't easily Q you, but close enough where you can continue to land your abilities.

You should be able to keep him below 2/3 hp during the laning phase as your Q CD is far, far shorter than his wind wall. You have to use that to your advantage. With him at 2/3 hp he's more or less in lethal range once you hit level 6 or 7 assuming you have ignite. If you ult and can't hit your charm just back off and plan to do it better next time. Don't be ashamed to get double Dorans for the hp and regen and ask for the blue buff as soon as it's up the second time.

If his skill with the champ is such that you simply don't believe you can 1v1 him, just go gank other lanes when you hit 6. Level 6 is hunting time for Ahri. Go make something happen and worry about Yas when you have more help available (because you helped gank a lane that turned into a tower).

$0.02

edit: cases in point -

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2057208862/42941535?tab=overview

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2059902429/42941535?tab=overview

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2059129234/42941535?tab=overview

In my matches with him, I tend to stack up on health potions. I found it effective enough. In the 3rd link I went double dorans as well.

Moonlight

Banned
Ahh, okay. Thanks for the answers! Think I'll need to improve a lot more at using Spirit Rush since so much seems to hinge on that fact. And maybe try to keep cool when people are rushing right up to me, lol.

Hearing Jhin used to be able to one shot people on the 4th shot makes me chuckle, this was a great interview. I got a lot of insight on the design process.

The 4th shot still hurts A LOT.

https://youtu.be/hRB9Z5QbzG0?t=16m33s

If fed, ult alone looks like it might be enough to 100-0 someone (provided you hit all four shots of course). His W looks like it has the range of a Lux ult too. I am so excited for this guy.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hey shiny new things! I haven't been playing LoL as regularly thanks to catching up on all these damn open world games but heading back in its nice to see the new patch. Hopefully games will be far better come the new team builder, can't wait!

Moonlight

Banned
Holy cow, Poppy feels amazing when you execute with her decently. So satisfying to knock people into a tower base and just wail on them, or sometimes sneak the last bit of HP they have left with her shield attack, lol. Think she's the most fun I've had playing around with a melee champion so far. Everything she can do feels really nice to use.

Messed up doing the version of her ult where she just knocks you up, though. That's tap R immediately after you tap it the first time, right? Maybe I was just missing them. :v

So I spend a week away from the game. What happened to the game selection? Last week I selected my hero, marksman, bottom lane and got queued with a group. Now I join a game and it's like the old days where everyone is calling top mid bot and I come in last and they expect me to play support which I'm not set up to do. Am I missing something?

Kenai

So I spend a week away from the game. What happened to the game selection? Last week I selected my hero, marksman, bottom lane and got queued with a group. Now I join a game and it's like the old days where everyone is calling top mid bot and I come in last and they expect me to play support which I'm not set up to do. Am I missing something?

That old normals Teambuilder queue was a testing ground/prototype for the current Teambuilder queue which is currently restricted to Ranked Play modes.

That old normals Teambuilder queue was a testing ground/prototype for the current Teambuilder queue which is currently restricted to Ranked Play modes.

That's a bummer. I like that way of queuing. Thanks for the answer. I guess I'm probably done playing the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom