• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you *think* only you on GAF have played

sbarbati

MOTHERFUCKING Amagon!!!
587089_49860_front.jpg

Wiki
Never understood it, never beat it, but it was one of my top 4 NES games... I think I played the first 5 minutes over 1000 times.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone else played Diggers for DOS (there was an Amiga version as well, I think)?
prxjY.jpg

Had this when I was a kid and had absolutely no idea what I am supposed to do.

E-phonk

Banned
513606-ballerburg-atari-st-screenshot-starting-a-new-games.png

Baller burg, a german atari game where 2 castles had to fight eachother. Turnbased.
Each level was generated, and random parameters like "wind" had influence on the aiming.

snoopy_04.gif

Snoopy for C64

Fermbiz

Gold Member
210339-bump__n__jump_large.jpg

I use to play this game when I was a kid. For some reason, I've been trying to defeat this game from start to finish using no cheats or FAQs. As simple as this game looks....its friggin hard.

beje

Banned
I played this game and had a lot of fun with it. I remember it having 3 playable characters, but I only playing with the first one. Why was it a guilty pleasure?

Honestly, it was a bit rough and janky. Not exactly "A" material but had some redeeming features and good replayability.

Granny's Garden for the BBC Micro

mayhem_02.gif

Mayhem in Monsterland on the C64. I remember one of the C64 magazine's tracked the developers creating this every month. Was awesome.

lc-sout.jpg

Southern Belle on the Acorn Electron. Basically a train simulator where you could drive the train from Victoria to Brighton. Great fun opening her up and going through train stations at 90!

Tomcat_cassette_front_cover_(BBC-Electron).png
s-tomcb.gif

Tomcat on the Acorn Electron. Man I waited for this after seeing it reviewed in Electron User for months. Turns out that it ran like shit on the Electron and much better on the BBC Micro! *sadelectronface

Zarovitch

Eternam

eternam_01.jpg

images-1.jpg

An absurd game mixed between point and click, first person and dragon's lair for it's cut scene. I remember meeting strange people in this game.

ChuyMasta

MOTHERFUCKING Amagon!!!
587089_49860_front.jpg

Wiki
Never understood it, never beat it, but it was one of my top 4 NES games... I think I played the first 5 minutes over 1000 times.

That game is INCREDIBLE!
Man, I'm going to my folks place this weekend (Mom's day) so I'll make sure to dig out my NES (buried somewhere in the garage) and play that game!

Mitsurux

I remember some of these. Parsec used the speech synth add-on. Was Strike Three the baseball game that you could use with a headset and voice recognition?

Yes, Parsec could use the voice add on (Which was way to much me me back in the day)..

Strike Three, was a baseball game that pretty much boiled down to the pitcher batter dual (ie you had no control of fielding, base running etc.), but the pitching and batting were AMAZING at the time, selecting different pitches...etc.

The TI also had sweet ports of Defender and Donkey Kong (yep Nintendo DK) thanks to Atarisoft (Would love to know how that deal was done!!!)

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Anyway, for my own entry, I wonder if anyone's ever played: Fragile Allegiance!
Yes. But, I'm a geek for 4x. I even played that shitty Star Trek 4x game.

For my contributions of things that were probably played by few GAFers due to age/interests:

Tron: Deadly Discs
Tron_Deadly_Discs.jpg

Codename: Iceman
252px-Codename-Iceman-box-cover.jpg

Conquests of Camelot
Conquests_of_Camelot_cover.jpg

F-15 Strike-Eagle (1985 version)
F-15_Strike_Eagle_Coverart.jpg

alstein

I played Disciples II a good bit a few years ago, solid game.

Heard Disciples III was a disaster.

150px-Buriki_One.jpg

Got to play this in the arcade via the military a few years back. Weirdest control scheme of any fighter I've played- attack with stick, move with buttons.

gokigen_muyou-f.jpg

Also this- kinda like Skullgirls, if it were Japanese players doing a homage to VF2, but not nearly as good.

Holy crap Aldos Adventure! I definitely played that as a kid. I seem to remember finding it hard because some platforms disappeared after you walked on them or something!

diffusionx

Gold Member
Gearheads (old PC game, Chu Chu Rocket-ish)
Fire Fight (old PC game from Epic before Unreal, kind of ___ Strike-ish)
Carmageddon 64 (worst game ever)

I *know* I'm not the only one who has played these but I've never talked to anyone else who has. Prove me correct!

Brera

Banned
Thanks for addressing my post. How far did you progress with the game before deciding it was "shit full stop", do you remember? I'm not criticising your opinion you are absolutely entitled to it. Its just so different to my own, I'm just wondering how long it took the game to come across to you as so profoundly abhorrent.

I think I've played 2 levels of the Saturn and 2 levels of the PC version!

I can tell very quickly if a game is worth playing...!

Tain

gokigen_muyou-f.jpg

Also this- kinda like Skullgirls, if it were Japanese players doing a homage to VF2, but not nearly as good.

ah man, Anarchy in the Nippon. I definitely had that one, can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. I must have sold it.

Carnby

Anyone ever play Chiller? It was banned in the US (only way to get it was to find it in an arcade or via an unlicensed catridge). Really violent game, so it's no surprise it was banned.

Chiller_NES_cover.jpg

I've only played the arcade version. Along with other games by the same developers; Crossbow and Who Dun it?

The craziest part about Chiller is that you are shooting to death people that are already being tortured. Where the hell was this game made? Nuremberg?

Sneak_-n_Peek_-_1982_-_US_Games.jpg

Hide and Seek the video game.

mountainKing5200.jpg

One of my all time favorite Atari games.

indyarcade.jpg

No, not the crappy NES version. The arcade version. This was the first game that I ever beat as a six year old boy, on easy of course.

What this video to experience it's awesome.

Iztli

Heart of Darkness - PC/PS1 (as far as i know)
I have never met anyone who has heard of it, let alone played it. It was really fucking hard for me! I never beat it. The intro was really cool. I hope someone on GAF has played it, because then I won't feel so alone.

69CsO.jpg

hdRzj.jpg

mSVJ6.jpg

cUmaq.jpg

here's the intro

I have great memories about that game :)

It was my uncles favorite game also.

*edit* it wasnt my first now that I think about it... but it was the most memorable because of the cinematics

Pepboy

maino.jpg

mainrovers02.jpg

10six, which is now known as Project Visitor. This game has:
  • Riding around on a super fast hoverboard
  • Building your base and vehicles, RTS style
  • Taking over new bases by invading other players with aforementioned vehicles
  • Choosing among 4 unique factions ("corporations") with different items
  • Ability to equip yourself and each vehicle you build with armor, weapons, etc.
  • Whenever anything is destroyed or killed, it becomes pick-up-able by other players, who can then build it at their bases!
  • Tension, as your bases can be attacked at any time, even when you're not online
  • Great guild system that arises out of need for mutual protection
  • Robust trading as players need to trade to get equipment from other factions
  • Some RPG elements (I think levels affected # of bases you could own and HP)

I remember getting so attached to my bases. It was such a unique game, I wish I had been older when it came out so I could have put more resources into it. I might go start playing it again now...

I know a few others on NeoGAF are 10six veterans, though it doesn't get mentioned as oft as I would like.

Pretty much all the Battle Network and Star Force games. I enjoyed them but they obviously never got the mass appeal factor. I've never met anyone else who's played them.

Top Bottom