• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People you know who have unique gaming habits.

m14

I saw some dude's post on this forum the other day talking about how he had a friend that can only ever stick with playing Freedom Fighters over and over again. He tried to get his friend to try other big games like God of War and nothing stuck. This thread was made for him.
Thank you for mentioning this. Here's the link to that post:

It's very much on topic with this thread. Thanks to DragoonKain DragoonKain for sharing this awesome story. :messenger_grinning:

Quasicat

I have a friend that wakes up and immediately turns on his Xbox Series X and PS5 and leaves them running all day. He used to play a ton of games, but all he has played for years is the YouTube app and Fortnite. When he is on YouTube, he watches people playing Fortnite or talking about Fortnite news. He does all of this exclusively on his Xbox. Before bed, he turns off his systems and goes to bed. The only time he plays his PS5 is on Tuesdays when he has a designated friend’s night where we all play…Fortnite.

Johnny2Bad

Not me on console but definitely me on PC.

I'm still playing Civilization 3. I have a ton of 3rd party content installed.

I'm still using Flight Simulator 2004. Again, lots of 3rd party content including a fair bit of stuff of my own design.

Alebrije

When TLOU 1 Factions released we were a group of 8-10 people playing it We lived on the same neighborhood so we played until 9-10pm and after that went to eat dinner at a local café ,after that we returned to our homes to keep playing until 2am. This happened at least 2 days a week those long gaming nights are over due to family, income ,change behaviors..were the Good all days...

blade-runner.gif

fart town usa

Gold Member
I went like 3 years where all I played was the original Resident Evil. I threw in RE2, Nemesis and C:VX at times but no joke, I played through RE1996 like 3 times a week. Just wasn't into gaming all that much and it was more or less a way to relax. This was recent too, like 2016-2019 or so. I didn't get a PS4 until Christmas 2019. Now I'm playing all kinds of games again but I still play through RE96 probably every other month now.

Reactions: m14

Quasicat

When work gets very stressful, the only game I will play for about a month straight is SimCity for the SNES. As soon as I start the game, I immediately get through the first year and use the in game cheat where I play with the taxes and get a ton of money. I will then pause all gameplay, and will start building. I build in a very specific way, using the train and creating rows of residential, commercial, and industrial zones. After I completely fill the map in a very specific way, I will then set the gameplay on the fastest setting and sit for the next three hours watching my village turn into a megalopolis. I will do this every night for a month, usually in May when things get really busy at work.

Reactions: m14
Not what OP is after but I have a true goblin of a friend who sets himself numerous self-imposed challenges because games on the highest difficulty aren't hard enough. He did BG3 on honour mode - permadeath in a long RPG on the hardest previous difficulty with new mechanics - but also added these rules:

Honour Mode - Shadowheart Origin - Evil route (Destroy Grove, Kill Nightsong) - No stealth/Invisibility in or out of combat or using obscurement to cheese stuff out of combat - No elixirs - No alchemy - No delicious tadpoles - No respecs from Withers - No pickpocketing - No hirelings - No escaping from combat - No excessive looting (marked containers and corpses only other than story/quest items; no picking up loose items on the ground except for unique items/keys etc.)
This makes me think of the fabled 'no breathing' Elden Ring run the internet will invariably end up witnessing.

Last edited:
I can't wait to play games with my son. He's nearly 1, and he frequently picks up my PS5 controller and presses buttons while staring at the TV. He knows he's doing something that makes the picture on the TV change. So many games I can't wait to show him in a few years.
Bro my three year old boy has just about starting being competent at games (he can do the first three levels of Mario 3D World without me now) and it's the best feeling ever. He finds simply controlling Mario so much fun. And watching somebody crash about recklessly exposes just how well thought out Mario levels are. They were made for this.

He can lock on to enemies on Elden Ring but he gets scared and panics when they come charging at him.

Top Bottom