• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Curufinwe

Got my Newegg cancellation, so now I can order it from Amazon instead.

I guess there hasn't been anything new come out regarding which version is better?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The d-pad kinda sucks on the Vita... I cannot run by zombies in RE1/2/3 without getting munched on.

Hey zombies... leave Jill alone!

My REplays are not going too well.

Beth Cyra

The d-pad kinda sucks on the Vita... I cannot run by zombies in RE1/2/3 without getting munched on.

Hey zombies... leave Jill alone!

My REplays are not going too well.

I agree on the Vita Dpad, though honestly it's gotten a ton of praise so I don't know if it's just mine but I am certainly not a fan of the thing.

Think I'm going to do up some Raid mode with Chirs and get a few more levels to manage my hype.

aegies

I know my opinions on games are often divisive, but I'd like to make the following pair of statements:

1) I am not reviewing the game.

2) I think you should wait for reviews to buy it.

I can't say anything more than that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I agree on the Vita Dpad, though honestly it's gotten a ton of praise so I don't know if it's just mine but I am certainly not a fan of the thing.

Think I'm going to do up some Raid mode with Chirs and get a few more levels to manage my hype.

Well I think it certainly sucks for RE games.

I don't play fighting games, so since gaming moved to analog, the only time I use d-pads is for inventory or whatever ancillary function devs bind to them. So maybe I'm not the best person to judge, but I think it kinda blows. One time I needed it to work for something and it didn't. And while I'm complaining about RE on Vita... kinda lame they have an option to remap controls, but don't include select/start. I hate hitting select/start on the Vita, and RE1 wants you to use them all the time. Blech.

xtianmarq

I know my opinions on games are often divisive, but I'd like to make the following pair of statements:

For WHOSE review, exactly? We've already seen a few opinions on the game, some positive, some negative...some people on the forum are playing the game and seem to be enjoying it.

Personally, I think people should buy the game, play it and make up their own minds about whether they like it or not.

Nemesis_

Lol Ausgaf come to post, not to read.

Fusebox pls.

I made the OT

For WHOSE review, exactly? We've already seen a few opinions on the game, some positive, some negative...some people on the forum are playing the game and seem to be enjoying it.

Personally, I think people should buy the game, play it and make up their own minds about whether they like it or not.

Especially since so many people seem so butthurt about where the franchise is heading (which appears to be per-determining scores)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
No mom n pops in my area are selling RE6 early. :(

Guess I'll actually have to wait for the game to come out on the legit release date.

Judging by what reviewers are hinting at though, waiting might not be a bad idea.

D-Stubbs

As someone who wasn't a fan of the demo I've been trying to keep a more open mind about RE6 lately. I'm thinking the more I'll play it I'll start finding things to like about it.

Gbraga

I know this is a joke but it actually is a cool move. It automatically staggers enemies. It auto-staggered the lizards at least.

It's also cool to turn during slide in order to shoot an enemy in the back. Leon's dual wielding quick shots and Helena's Hydra quick shots also look boss

MrDaravon

Yet someone else recommending that people buy a game to form an opinion about it. Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you people.

Reviews on this game will be all over the place. Don't pay no mind. Read up on it as much as you can and form an informed opinion for yourself.

I think that's what he was getting at. Clearly at this point reviews and impressions are going to be all over the map. This is a game that people might have to *gasp* actually read reviews and impressions, and probably several, to make a personal buying decision on the game (which is what I'm waiting for). Review-wise I'm just curious if any of the "big" reviewers like GI or IGN are going to go either super high or super low on their scores.

Maybe Capcom should've given you $750,000

Robertto

Neo Member
So Capcom makes aussies the guinea pigs for the rest of the world. Can't wait for aussie-gaf impressions

i bought it, and ive only played a bit so far. but boy is it linear. there is a bit where leon is walking through a hallway and any input will move leon forward along his pre-programmed path, at one point i was pulling back on the analogue stick and he just walked forward along the path until a quick time event happened. why not just make that a cut scene, i want gameplay in my games dammit.

News Bot

Banned
News bot can you do a mini spoiler free review of Leon's campaign when you finish. I want to hear your thoughts.

Just finished. I thought it was great and was quite satisfied. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are great while Chapter 3 is so-so, then it regains momentum with Chapter 4 and 5 is quite a good finale. I do have some gripes with it, but nothing major. Never had any trouble with the controls or camera, they work splendidly once you get the hang of them. I imagine going back to BH4 and BH5 now will be a bit odd.

On to Chris!

My biggest annoyance so far is the files. Not having important plot information because you can't find an emblem is pretty shitty.

Yet someone else recommending that people buy a game to form an opinion about it. Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you people.

I think that's what he was getting at. Clearly at this point reviews and impressions are going to be all over the map. This is a game that people might have to *gasp* actually read reviews and impressions, and probably several, to make a personal buying decision on the game (which is what I'm waiting for). Review-wise I'm just curious if any of the "big" reviewers like GI or IGN are going to go either super high or super low on their scores.

The reviewer dude that said he can't say anything and to wait for reviews was clearly implying he didn't like it. At least that is what I got out of it. We agree on the rest.

Just finished. I thought it was great and was quite satisfied. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are great while Chapter 3 is so-so, then it regains momentum with Chapter 4 and 5 is quite a good finale. I do have some gripes with it, but nothing major. Never had any trouble with the controls or camera, they work splendidly once you get the hang of them. I imagine going back to BH4 and BH5 now will be a bit odd.

On to Chris!

My biggest annoyance so far is the files. Not having important plot information because you can't find an emblem is pretty shitty.

Thanks. Don't forget to post that on biohaze ;). So the files are like UC, what kind of crap is that. I assume the files are not that important to the story then.

News Bot

Banned
Thanks. Don't forget to post that on biohaze ;). So the files are like UC, what kind of crap is that. I assume the files are not that important to the story then.

If they were like UC I wouldn't mind so much, the problem is that each Chapter is hours long and it's hard enough to find an emblem without so much ground to cover. From the ones I've read, they are pretty vital to the plot. Also, massive spoiler alert but I seriously can't not mention this:

THE PATRIOTS.

i bought it, and ive only played a bit so far. but boy is it linear. there is a bit where leon is walking through a hallway and any input will move leon forward along his pre-programmed path, at one point i was pulling back on the analogue stick and he just walked forward along the path until a quick time event happened. why not just make that a cut scene, i want gameplay in my games dammit.

Stuff like that worries me.

Got my Newegg cancellation, so now I can order it from Amazon instead.

I guess there hasn't been anything new come out regarding which version is better?

I ended up going with 360

Seemed to look better overall with slightly better performance.

Cancelled my ps3 pre order

Top Bottom