• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
f46.gif

Mr_Zombie

there's also the random sherry/leon bus 'WE FIXED IT WE'RE COMING TO HELP" *runs helena/jake over* death that i'm sure everyone's experienced

I haven't seen that yet. I also haven't experienced being run over by any other car. :(

My "favorite" insta-death scene is still the section after bridge in Chris's chapter 2 collapses. If you're standing in the wrong spot when the bridge collapses, the moment the climbing sequence begins and stuff (crates, barrels, cars) starts to fall down you will die almost instantly - you will have enough time to make a single move but not enough to actually move out of the item's way. The first time I was playing the game it took me several deaths after I realized what I'm doing wrong.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
FYI Resident Evil franchise is on sale over at GMG for day 1 of their summer sale. REmaster is $15, goes down to $12 if you apply their summer sale code.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
$9.99 for the complete edition over at humble bundle.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/residentevil6_complete_storefront

Thinking about biting. I played it a bit a while ago, disliked it but maybe I can play it again with a different mindset and enjoy it? Worth?

I mean only you can know that. You've already played it and disliked it, so if you dislike it again you only have yourself to blame. Personally I would wait for a deeper Steam discount (i.e., Winter sale) and get it then.

Vashetti

Banned
Just started this after getting on sale for £6 on PSN.

Just finished Leon's first chapter, awesome so far. Not many collectables I've seen yet though.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: Does playing the game online in coop unlock achievements for both players (Steam version)? Or only for the host?

T.O.P

Banned
Playing the game again from launch thanks to the Steam sales

Surprisingly...I'm loving it a lot more this time around, it doesn't feel as polished as RE4 that's for sure but playing Mercs again shows again how much they nailed the gunplay this time around

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Playing the game again from launch thanks to the Steam sales

Surprisingly...I'm loving it a lot more this time around, it doesn't feel as polished as RE4 that's for sure but playing Mercs again shows again how much they nailed the gunplay this time around
There's nothing else like RE6. Wish folks could take a step back from the nostalgia and their own vision of what the game should be... and appreciate this weird-ass thing for what it is.

Only brawler of its kind.

No, instead let's make RE4 again. Even though that was also a weird-ass thing that subverted expectation...

T.O.P

Banned
There's nothing else like RE6. Wish folks could take a step back from the nostalgia and their own vision of what the game should be... and appreciate this weird-ass thing for what it is.

Only brawler of its kind.

No, instead let's make RE4 again. Even though that was also a weird-ass thing that subverted expectation...

RE4 is one of a kind imo

They tried to go at it again with 5 and failed miserably, 6 at least feels like it's own thing agreed

Mr_Zombie

RE4 is one of a kind imo

They tried to go at it again with 5 and failed miserably, 6 at least feels like it's own thing agreed

RE5 failed because they tried to reuse RE4 scenario in a game with a completely different design and pacing. RE4 was a continuous scenario that was meant to be played linearly, from start to finish. That's why it can mix fast paced moments and slow moments (breathers), have some backtracking here and some puzzles there. As you progress through the game enemies get stronger, but you also get stronger weapons (or can customize them for your own play style). However, bad decisions early in the game (picking up wrong weapons to upgrade or wrong upgrades, wasting too much ammo or health items) will result in you having tough time later in the game. (I remember first time I played the game, during the fight with two El-Gigante, I had no idea you could dump one of them into the lava; after that fight I had zero health items and only few pistol bullets in my inventory and for the next few areas was barely able to survive).

RE5 is a co-op action game first and foremost. It's meant to be replayed chapter by chapter (or even sub-chapter by sub-chapter), hence it can't really implement too many and too long breathers, since those chapters would be boring to replay with a partner (or even by yourself). That's also why there's almost no puzzles in the game (there's only the laser one in the underground sacred ground). And since you can replay each sub-chapter whenever you want, you can easily get back and replenish ammo and health items, grind for gold to buy new weapons/upgrades and thus later chapters can be easier than they should be (at least on first playthrough). Also, since it's a co-op game first and foremost, sub-chapters are shorter and the progression felt more like you're moving from one Mercenary stage to another instead of a continuous progression from point A to point B.

I still like RE5 but I really wonder what game could it be if they ditched the whole co-op aspect and went with their initial ideas for a single-player scenario.

Mr_Zombie

C'mon guys, that was released almost 3 years ago (April 5th 2013)! D:

Wait, what? On PC or everything?
PC. You have 4 new characters (Rochelle, Coach, Ellis and Nick), along with the L4D2 theme playing in the background, and can choose whether you want to L4D2 enemies (Witch and Tank) appear among normal enemies.

cj_iwakura

C'mon guys, that was released almost 3 years ago (April 5th 2013)! D:

PC. You have 4 new characters (Rochelle, Coach, Ellis and Nick), along with the L4D2 theme playing in the background, and can choose whether you want to L4D2 enemies (Witch and Tank) appear among normal enemies.

Wow, that's amazing.

Seyavesh

Wow didn't even see that they added L4D No Mercy to the Mercenaries Mode

And holy damn it's fuckin hard :D
nah, the l4d chars have really powerful loadouts built for no mercy mercs so it's not too bad. plus chars who are already incredibly powerful like chris and jake are even better thanks to the reduced health of enemies
the tank and witch are also significantly easier than their counterparts + add some nice variety to earlier waves so i'd recommend always adding them in

for a real challenge, try out the last stand skill while in no mercy mercs. you gotta manage enemies extremely well and know your spawns thanks to all the shit that'll one hit kill you. it's really cool

Top Bottom