• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Finally unlocked the Asari Adept, and damn Stasis is powerful. Very satisfying to freeze those bastard Phantoms before blowing their heads off with a sniper rifle.

Woo-Fu

Banned
what facebook app thing? I have a throwaway facebook account I use for promotions like this.

EDIT: nevermind, way too much hassle for recruitment packs I can get more quickly just by playing the game.

Sai

No one is interested??
More like, it's the kind of thing you would've had to do when it first came out. Anybody who's already a ME fan with Facebook has likely already played the app, and you can only recruit folks that haven't. A number of pages back, I tried making arrangements to get a few more recruits too, and was also met with disappointment. Seems I'll have to settle for that single recruitment pack... :(

On the plus side, they seem to pop up pretty frequently in the game, apparently. Wouldn't know, as I've pretty much ignored the multiplayer portion of the demo.

So I loved ME1, played around 1/3 of the way through ME2 (got sidetracked), and I'm thinking of picking this up. I'm a little hesitant though . . . is it more RPG, TPS, or a comfortable hybrid? From all the YT links it looks more like Gears of War than the ME I remember.

edit: I'm probably posting in the wrong thread . . . more interested in the SP than MP.

So I loved ME1, played around 1/3 of the way through ME2 (got sidetracked), and I'm thinking of picking this up. I'm a little hesitant though . . . is it more RPG, TPS, or a comfortable hybrid? From all the YT links it looks more like Gears of War than the ME I remember.

edit: I'm probably posting in the wrong thread . . . more interested in the SP than MP.

You need to finish ME2 first... you owe it to yourself.

Squall516

No one is interested??

I haven't been able to recruit anyone yet since bc the stupid way the app works all my friends had already added it on FB. So is there anyone that hasn't added the app yet at all, that will help me out and let me recruit them? Please!! let me know so i can try and at least get 1 person lol :( Thanx.

I haven't been able to recruit anyone yet since bc the stupid way the app works all my friends had already added it on FB. So is there anyone that hasn't added the app yet at all, that will help me out and let me recruit them? Please!! let me know so i can try and at least get 1 person lol :( Thanx.

It comes out tonight! Anything you get now will be reset.

Squall516

well im pretty sure you can still recruit people for the app up untill the 6th. And all the packs and stuff you get for it apply towards the final release copy soo. If anyone can help me out with that, that would b awesome!!!

Heads up, if you're importing an ME2 character...

Your ending level in that directly transfers to ME3 (along with what your skill trees look like)... ie, if you were level 28 in ME2 you're level 28 in ME3.

I transferred over my Vanguard and would have preferred to put points into Nova (new ME3 skill) instead of Shockwave (ME2 skill). If I had known this I would have respec'ed my character in ME2 and just left points unallocated so I can use them better in ME3.

I transferred over my Vanguard and would have preferred to put points into Nova (new ME3 skill) instead of Shockwave (ME2 skill). If I had known this I would have respec'ed my character in ME2 and just left points unallocated so I can use them better in ME3.

This discussion probably belongs in the main ME3 thread, but whatever. I'm wondering if I should just go do a respec on my Shep in ME2, leave all the points unallocated, then put them into whatever I want in ME3. Kinda cheap, but it might be a better way to spend my points.

Anyone played multiplayer yet? Are there any big differences to note yet? I've seen that there's a Spectre pack you can buy for 60k credits or 160 Bioware Points. Also, there are at least two new enemies
the Geth and Husks
, but that's about the extent of the differences I've noticed.

Kenaras

This discussion probably belongs in the main ME3 thread, but whatever. I'm wondering if I should just go do a respec on my Shep in ME2, leave all the points unallocated, then put them into whatever I want in ME3. Kinda cheap, but it might be a better way to spend my points.

Anyone played multiplayer yet? Are there any big differences to note yet? I've seen that there's a Spectre pack you can buy for 60k credits or 160 Bioware Points. Also, there are at least two new enemies
the Geth and Husks
, but that's about the extent of the differences I've noticed.

Six maps instead of two, three enemy factions instead of one, six new race/class combinations, and a ton of new weapons and items - including an item which allows you to respec a character. Male/female variations are also available for all human classes, which allows you to have two different specs simultaneously for each of those classes.

I haven't opened a Spectre pack yet, so all I know about those is that they're guaranteed to contain a rare.

Squall516

Heads up, if you're importing an ME2 character...

Your ending level in that directly transfers to ME3 (along with what your skill trees look like)... ie, if you were level 28 in ME2 you're level 28 in ME3.

So wait everything directly transfers over? because like right now i'm a soldier in ME2 but after playing the demo and seeing how jacked nova is i wanted to play vanguard in ME3. So i cant switch my class? it will just carry over as a lvl 28 soldier or w.e? that's retarded. And do you get like a bonus or something? cause if i remember when u imported ME1 save to 2 you got like a paragon or w.e bonus i think. So what do you get for importing to ME3?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gave this a shot last night. It's nothing amazing, but I love co-op so it's an easy sell for me. Does it take long to unlock the Quarian? I'm tired of playing as a lameass human. Anyways, I might be on later 2night if anyone wants to partner up for a few rounds.

abundant

So wait everything directly transfers over? because like right now i'm a soldier in ME2 but after playing the demo and seeing how jacked nova is i wanted to play vanguard in ME3. So i cant switch my class? it will just carry over as a lvl 28 soldier or w.e? that's retarded. And do you get like a bonus or something? cause if i remember when u imported ME1 save to 2 you got like a paragon or w.e bonus i think. So what do you get for importing to ME3?

You can change your class and appearance when importing. If you choose to be a Soldier again, all of you stats transfer over. You can respec in the Normandy (first time is free) so it's not that big of a problem.

Dresden

Gave this a shot last night. It's nothing amazing, but I love co-op so it's an easy sell for me. Does it take long to unlock the Quarian? I'm tired of playing as a lameass human. Anyways, I might be on later 2night if anyone wants to partner up for a few rounds.

It's completely luck-based, so it might just happen on your first unlock or it might take days.

Yeah I want to stay out of that thread entirely for spoiler reasons. I figured this was a safe thread to post about it without derailing it too much.

And yeah I would have done that too. One good thing I found out though was that early in the game you get one free respec option... after that it costs you.

You can change your class so you're ok.

Does the MP heavily spoil the SP? Location wise? Want to give it a shot.

I don't believe it spoils anything, actually. Other than that you're fighting on "Noveria" or "Such and such place" (I forget the other ones), there looks to be nothing spoiler related at all.

Squall516

You can change your class and appearance when importing. If you choose to be a Soldier again, all of you stats transfer over. You can respec in the Normandy (first time is free) so it's not that big of a problem.

You can change your class so you're ok.

Oh awesome that's great! thanx, cause i was getting worried there for a min lol. So do you get any bonus or perks or something from transferring over your save from ME2? Also what was the highest lvl you can end off at in ME2?

Grisby

I don't believe it spoils anything, actually. Other than that you're fighting on "Noveria" or "Such and such place" (I forget the other ones), there looks to be nothing spoiler related at all.
Thanks man, it's hard getting any answers in the official thread. Moves like lightning.

LosDaddie

Banned
Looking to get a group together on XBL in...about 1hr. Around 915pm EST.

Anybody game? GT: LosDaddie

Post here, or send me a message on XBL.

ShutEye

Awh, crow eating time I guess. The multiplayer is actually a lot of fun. And even strangers were attempting to act like a team. Not expecting that at all.

I due wonder about how it feeds back into single player though.

Wow.

To the Vanguard players out there, the range of the OHKO attack from the Banshees is HUGE. It actually draws you in and then kills you.

X-Frame

Unlocked the Asari Vanguard for my first race. Pretty sweet class. Can go in close and mess enemies up or hand back and stasis people. The lift grenade also has a pretty decent range at Level 1.

Just played a bit of Multi since I haven't finished my most recent ME2 playthrough yet.
And I have to finish that playthrough because I lost all my save files when my computer crashed.

Is there a good post about how things work top to bottom, how to play, mission types, objectives and the like?

I basically just stumbled my way through a couple of missions and did okay.
Took me a couple of waves to figure out how to get more thermal clips.
How do you throw grenades?
No communication other than via headsets?
All unlocks are just random things by purchasing packs?

I rolled a human soldier to test the waters, but I'll probably be my traditional Infiltrator class once I know what the fuck I'm doing.

PC version:
Origin: ArtDayne

I probably won't play a ton, but I might as well embarass myself in front of GAFers if I'm going to embarrass myself.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does the full game also give you a free starter pack once you get in?

Got my game but havent cracked it open yet because of school and whatnot.

Ties

Banned
Does the full game also give you a free started pack once you get in?

Got my game but havent cracked it open yet because of school and whatnot.
Yup.

My God, i'm having so much fun with the multiplayer in this game. The races that were absent from the demo scared the crap out of me the first time I encoutered them, those Husks. How the hell do you take down a Banshee by the way? She's worse than the Phantom.

Banshees are the fucking worst. They're bigger bullet sponges than Brutes, which makes zero sense.

Gotta say, loving the multiplayer though. I was hooked on the demo for a while and it's continuing here.

Ties

Banned
A horde of enemies and a banshee are the worst, jesus

Banshees are too good. Their armor takes like 1000 bullets to whittle down, they have a ranged attack that makes your entire shield poof, they have an AoE attack, and they can teleport. I thought Phantoms were overpowered when I first played the demo, but this Banshee fool takes the cake. I need infinite missile launchers for this enemy my god.

i-Lo

So any GAFFers planning to team up (like a temp. clan) for the online missions? Would like that very much to start off as opposed getting shoved around by complete strangers. I activated my Live subscription and have yet to play online.

Help :(

Ties

Banned
Am I the only one who dislikes the way unlockables are handled? I would of preferred either a store where you are in full control of what you purchase or a level up system that unlocked different characters/guns/whatever. I had to go through several veteran packs in the demo to get Adept Asari and I find it to be tedious as hell that everything is by chance.

I could see this game being pretty addictive.

I also don't like upgrade/unlock system. I assume they figure you will stick around longer if you have to luck into getting what you want, rather than just having it available for a price.

I unlocked a Quarian inflitrator, and I think I will probably stick with that as my class. I liked the way it played better than the soldier. I also was scoring lower, but it was my first play on a low level, and I hadn't developed any powers yet.

Edgeward

As I can't touch the SP yet, the MP is tons of fun. The kind of enemies you face definitely decide how hard one can be, as I find the reapers to be hard even on bronze because of teh elite level enemies, mainly the banshee and the best one. Cerberus is one of the easier ones I've found, just completed a full session for the 1st with them as the enemy with pretty relative ease.

And so far, playing with randoms on PC is pretty okay. Generally everyone is close to each other and doesn't lone wolf it so that's very encouraging.

My best round was actually as a lone wolf. The three other guys hung out in the middle, and I basically stayed out on the flank ans slaughtered reapers, and when mine were dead I helped them mop up.

Unfortunately there was a tech objective, so I had to come in and try to help out when they were under siege and we all died. Brutes in tight confines are rough.

Usually I am around the bottom, which I guess I can use the excuse that I never played the beta, I have no equipment upgrades, I'm low level with few powers, and the powers I do have I haven't mastered yet.

I actually think it is a little spoilerish. That first Banshee gave me a WTF moment when it teleported and wiped me out, which I would have preferred to experience in the single player game first.

Top Bottom