• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Quonny

Uninstalled League for a bit. This meta does not work with me for some reason and it's not worth the frustration. I'm losing so many games and a lot of them are my fault. My favorite champions are very weak at the moment and it's just not fun to play.

Hopefully S7 shakes things up.

Uninstalled League for a bit. This meta does not work with me for some reason and it's not worth the frustration. I'm losing so many games and a lot of them are my fault. My favorite champions are very weak at the moment and it's just not fun to play.

Can I recommend Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire

better written characters then League

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Out of curiosity what is it that you play? I've certainly had times where I was disillusioned about the game over the meta and needed some space from it, but generally speaking things seem fairly healthy and diverse. There are very few picks I would consider to be unplayable, which is not what I would have said about the game last year.

Quonny

Out of curiosity what is it that you play? I've certainly had times where I was disillusioned about the game over the meta and needed some space from it, but generally speaking things seem fairly healthy and diverse. There are very few picks I would consider to be unplayable, which is not what I would have said about the game last year.
Quinn, but her rework really made me not like her. Poppy was my go-to top, but she just feels outclassed a lot of the time. Ezreal, but I can't seem to make him work against the top tier ADC picks. Illoai, which definitely has strong matchups but overall doesn't feel incredibly useful outside of lane.

But that's only part of it. I feel like I'm playing bad and making bad calculations. I feel like when I get a lead I don't know how to use it. I feel like when I'm behind, I feel like I'm playing safe but I always get punished. Maybe the player base is just getting better and better while I stay the same. I hit Platinum easy last season, and just stopped ranked when I hit it. Now I'm in Gold IV and I'm struggling to win. And it's not my team all the time. It's definitely me.

So yeah. It's just not rewarding, and I don't have the time or energy to analyze what I'm doing wrong when I feel like I'm playing at the same level I was last season. Just need a break and hopefully the game will change enough so I feel like relearning it.

Kenai

So it turns out buying a new screen allows me to play League just fine now, yay!

Who are considered top picks for support/adc/mid atm? I saw the Taric trash talking a few pages back and that made me sad. How's my gal Karma?

What gender is Fizz?

Fizz is male.

zkylon

zkylewd
why uninstall, client is such a pain when downloading again

tell me about it, i spent like a million hours yesterday trying to download language packages for the game trying to see if i can get voices back to english

i think i landed at korean voices which is good cos ahri

yeah, meta feels really good atm

What gender is Fizz?

lol

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
What gender is Fizz?

O6JWBys.gif

Leezard

My new figures just arrived.

Thresh looks very nice, the Jax and Jinx have a surprising amount of detail up close but they are still not very good figures. I got them as my mystery figures since I ordered Thresh and preordered Azir, I don't think I would've ever bought them stand alone.

It can't be overstated how good the Thresh figure looks.

JulianImp

That Nami still looks better than the rest by a long shot to me.

...Anyway, I think I'll get to craft an orb in time before the event ends. It's kind of funny how Riot disclosed the chances of getting a bonus item, but not the chances of the three sub-prizes. I guess it's something along the lines of tokens >>>>>>>>>>>>>> gems >>> exclusive skin shard, so I'm hoping that if I get more tokens I get enough of them to eventually craft something else with them.

Also what's with that cheap 1:1 token -> blue essence exchange rate? It isn't like blue essence is good for anything but mastery grinding (oh look, more grinding!), and the exchange rate is low enough that you'll get paltry amount of essence by the end unless you don't spend any of it... and even then, I don't know if you'd be able to get over 500 essence unless you bought mission packs or something.

Leezard

That Nami still looks better than the rest by a long shot to me.

...Anyway, I think I'll get to craft an orb in time before the event ends. It's kind of funny how Riot disclosed the chances of getting a bonus item, but not the chances of the three sub-prizes. I guess it's something along the lines of tokens >>>>>>>>>>>>>> gems >>> exclusive skin shard, so I'm hoping that if I get more tokens I get enough of them to eventually craft something else with them.

Also what's with that cheap 1:1 token -> blue essence exchange rate? It isn't like blue essence is good for anything but mastery grinding (oh look, more grinding!), and the exchange rate is low enough that you'll get paltry amount of essence by the end unless you don't spend any of it... and even then, I don't know if you'd be able to get over 500 essence unless you bought mission packs or something.
Yeah, Nami looks great. She's one of the best series 1 figures. Thresh looks super good, though he's a series 2 figure. The detail on him is quite a bit above Nami.

And yeah, don't get champ shards for tokens. You can buy champ shards with ip.

Approached a new attitude to the game. Focusing on bettering myself. Kind of took a break from Soraka OTPing to focus on my AD gameplay. Guess these stats are on level where I'm at. Placed Bronze 3 this season and finished last season at Silver 3. Should probably mention these two games that I won I gained like 35 SR + ended up getting into placements!

E9SiqAM.png

I'll be honest. My deaths last game could have been avoided. I had the game sense to know that the situation was terrible but didn't do anything about it. At one point I forced my team to recall. Since they didn't recall I wasn't going to either. Terrible mentality. I know. Oh well. I'll see how far I go with playing AD.

You'll be missed Soraka. My stats with you were pretty awesome.

7I99z6N.png

zkylon

zkylewd
My new figures just arrived.

Thresh looks very nice, the Jax and Jinx have a surprising amount of detail up close but they are still not very good figures. I got them as my mystery figures since I ordered Thresh and preordered Azir, I don't think I would've ever bought them stand alone.

It can't be overstated how good the Thresh figure looks.
azir doll is dope

gj

Tizoc

Fan we please see urgot rwwork too?
We got 2 champs at the same time and a rework+new character would be a meat mext step :x

Leezard

Fan we please see urgot rwwork too?
We got 2 champs at the same time and a rework+new character would be a meat mext step :x

I think a Rioter said that we would see Urgot (or was it Eve) after the new champ, so my best guess is a patch or two after this one.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I guess I should wait to see something higher quality but that is the champion design I thought we were past in League...super nice spell effects though.

killatopak

You gotta use the Riven or Yasuo icon
Thanks!

So I noticed the old launcher is gone now. Is it me or does the double ip per win or double ip day notification near the IP on the upper right corner is gone now or did they put it somewhere else?

Edit: So I've been reading some of the new stuff I missed and it seems key fragments will be tied to the honor system? Fuck that. Bad decision riot.

bgbball31

you can do it

and just keep trying, sometimes it's a matter of perserverance

Game 1 (L) went Ashe ADC: Top lane Ekko goes Legendary, mid lane Heimer gets triple kill roaming bot lane. I came out of lane down 1/3/something, but up in CS and got their tower. Doesn't matter when Ekko can dive and 1 shot me. I needed to play safer, but when I did I felt like I put out no damage. As per usual, I needed to watch cooldowns more closely. Had one or two good arrows, but chances of an engage were few and far between.

Game 2 (W) was Kalista ADC. My support was going to pick Blitz, so I didn't ban it (I suck at dodging hooks) but was last pick and sure enough the enemy team picked it with their second to last pick. Thankfully, our jungler noticed how aggressive their bot was being and camped it. They focused me every gank and our jungle Graves feasted on them. Plus our top lane Irelia went legendary solo on a Darius and it was GG from there. I did nothing, but got the win. Riot taketh, Riot giveth away.

Game 3 (W) I played Cait. Support went AP Lux and we just zoned all day, at one point 5 or 6 minutes in I was up 35 CS. Quinn jungle started going off around the map and, while their jungle started camping bot, she got the other lanes big. I didn't die as much to ganks, and the entire team contributed to the win. feelsgoodman.

Top Bottom