• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor vs Wonder Woman | DEATH BATTLE

Movie thor is heavily nerfed

Really nerfed. Hoping Thor: Ragnarok powers him up immensely. The end of Wonder Woman really puts her above MCU Thor imo.

Diana's powerful, yes, but she is nowhere near the caliber of Thor. One is about cosmic beings and the other focuses on planetary beings. One far outweighs the other.

Except for Christopher Reeve's Superman. This makes no logical sense what he's doing.
tumblr_inline_o6caz2XKCQ1ttbdeg_540.gif

Reeve's (and technically Routh's) Superman was based on pre-crisis, and somehow even that is under powered compared with the BS he used to get up to.

m5iObuQ.jpg

At least DC seems to be trying. Pretty much all the heavy hitters in the MCU are garbage.

Doctor Strange is a weird case where he's super powerful in the movie but again doesn't capture what comic Strange is capable of.

a916

Eh, I think they had a plausible reason for WW winning... with those bracelets what is Thor going to doing with Mjolinir? Hand to hand combat, Diana would curb stomp.

The only thing I can wonder is what power levels are they actually since each comic book character have those "one off feats" that just breaks comparisions like this.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
As is movie Wonder Woman, and basically every movie superhero if we're being honest.

Not Spider-Man, i believe

and yeah, movie Thor is heartbreakingly weak, especially in TDW, when in front of his goddamned DEAD MOTHER all he could do was farting out a thunder so weak he chipped a vase or something

I think without listing Thor and Wonder Woman's OP traits (their feats specifically) then you don't really have a say when you go, "Thor would win".

The video lays out what those content creator's believe is their shining achievements and weighed the strengths and weaknesses. I gotta side with Death Battle cause they bringing the receipts.

Slayven

Not Spider-Man, i believe

and yeah, movie Thor is heartbreakingly weak, especially in TDW, when in front of his goddamned DEAD MOTHER all he could do was farting out a thunder so weak he chipped a vase or something

Spiderman doesn't get hit as hard, but they do downplay his strenght and speed. He should have taken down Giant Man by himself easy

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is this like when the kid in class is all excited to say his answer out loud and gets it completely wrong?

Aside from the the time reversal he really didn't do anything impressive. They were basically doing kung fu with magic frisbees coming from their hands.

Well that is a basic combat style that Strange has employed plenty of times before. It's an origin movie, he's clearly not meant to be anywhere close to the level he grew to over the years in the comics. His most impressive feats in the movie were a result of him using an Infinity Stone.

To be fair, the sentry let him kill him

Only after he had already subdued Sentry and IIRC defeated him in his Void form as well.

Spiderman doesn't get hit as hard, but they do downplay his strenght and speed. He should have taken down Giant Man by himself easy

They basically take away his spidey-sense to weaken him in the MCU.

Biggest bullshit in Spider-Man Homecoming was
Tony saying Cap could've easily beaten Spidey...foh.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

Cant remember much about that, wasn't like he was sort of holding back? Ultimately,one punch from him in the face should at the very least behead a guy, superpowers or not. Havent seen Homecoming so dunno how he's portrayed there

About Thor feats: bloke withstood a full frontal attack from the Celestials basically unfazed.
The goddamned Celestials

CryptiK

So Wonderwoman basically gets every weapon she had but Thor only gets his hammer. His axe would have minced her. Hell he should have minced her anyway.

The Kree

Banned

He could have. Spider-Man gets smarter and stronger with time like everyone else. He's not on Cap's level yet and that's not about strength. We know he'll get there though.

Cant remember much about that, wasn't like he was sort of holding back? Ultimately,one punch from him in the face should at the very least behead a guy, superpowers or not. Havent seen Homecoming so dunno how he's portrayed there

I wouldn't say Peter is nerfed in Homecoming, but he certainly doesn't know how to actually fight and yeah he clearly holds back to avoid really hurting anyone. I don't think he throws a single punch in the whole movie.

Comic book super powers got to out of control. This is why I've never liked DC characters, they seem invincible and grossly over powered. I grew up adoring the xmen, where everyone just had ONE ability and they got through their struggles as a team. And then, of course the writers ended up making certain characters godly there as well. And thus I fell out of love with comic books.

Still fun to watch!

Ichigo is gonna rekt Naruto

*Quick Google search for comic vine battles involving Ichigo and Naruto* Hm.... Most people said Naruto would destroy Ichigo.

Based on what I've seen from the anime (which isn't alot), I'm more impressed with Naruto than Ichigo even though I like Ichigo just a bit more than Naruto.

Well that is a basic combat style that Strange has employed plenty of times before. It's an origin movie, he's clearly not meant to be anywhere close to the level he grew to over the years in the comics. His most impressive feats in the movie were a result of him using an Infinity Stone.

Only after he had already subdued Sentry and IIRC defeated him in his Void form as well.

I know exactly what story you’re talking about. The one where Loki regrets his actions and uses wishing stones to power up Thor and what not. Seige on Asgard was it?

When Sentry first appeared in that story Thor was scared shitless and tried to plead with Sentry. It took a combination of things happening and Sentry mentally breaking for Thor to kill him.

Just know I love Thor and hate how weak some of these sites perceive him but the Sentry is something else completely. Sentry is completely on a different level with the only thing holding him back is his mental illness.

Edit: I mean the Sentry beat Molecule Man! Fucking Molecule Man!

Wondie's slaying though really it should be close, especially with Thor being a literal god, and not just a "daughter of a god or a demi-god". Still it's a fair fight.

Johndoey

Banned

This is fresh faced can barely walk in a straight line Spider-Man, Cap would win on experience alone.

It's more likely a reference to the comic where they fought in Civil War. Cap handily knocked Spider-Man out. Spider-Man was pretty sure he could take him after seeing him fight so many times and still got worked.

PSqueak

Banned
These dudes go out of their way to not pick obvious choices cause it gets people riled up.

Pretty much.

I mean, way back they did Starscream Vs. Rainbow Dash when hating on mlp fans was all the rage.

Then i recall some transformer fans in /co/ going like, "yup, that's correct all right, starscream loses because he's starscream".

Toxi

Banned
How many explanations have there been for the K-T mass extinction in comics anyway?

Poor dinosaurs can't get a break.

Slayven

It's more likely a reference to the comic where they fought in Civil War. Cap handily knocked Spider-Man out. Spider-Man was pretty sure he could take him after seeing him fight so many times and still got worked.

Well in that fight Spiderman was at war with himself not sure he was on the right side, even then He started overwhleming cap and cap took off leaving his shield behind

Pretty much.

I mean, way back they did Starscream Vs. Rainbow Dash when hating on mlp fans was all the rage.

Then i recall some transformer fans in /co/ going like, "yup, that's correct all right, starscream loses because he's starscream".

I remember the late 80s early 90s Saturday morning cartoons where the Autobots were beating the Decepticons asses so bad that at the end or the beginning of one of the episodes Megatron was telling some of his peons Decepticons that it’s time for him to bring in Starscream. The way Megatron describes Starscream and talked about him made me feel like “oh shit! Megatron is bringing in a boss!” Ever since that day because of the way Megatron spoke up Starscream he’s been my favorite Transformer in all the series. I stopped watching the Transformer movies once they killed off Starscream especially the way they killed him off.

That is Cap's plot armor. Which is second one only to Batman's plot armor. Pound for pound, Peter is probably in the top 10. For deadliest people walking the planet in the Marvel universe.

With Reed Richards coming in #1

Cuburt

In comic book terms, what is it even supposed to mean that her sword is sharp enough to slice an atom? That nothing can block it?

zeemumu

Never understood how he manages to get tagged by anyone slower than him in a one on one fight. Spider-Sense is broken as hell.

Plus Cap gets rocked by Miles Morales in Secret Empire, so it's probably not like Peter couldn't win that fight as well.

Secret-Empire-7-Marvel-Comics-Legacy-spoilers-12-300x461.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Young Spidey made Falcon and Bucky looks like chumps. What's that say about them then?

its falcon and a constantly confused bucky

Never understood how he manages to get tagged by anyone slower than him in a one on one fight. Spider-Sense is broken as hell.

they dont let him cut loose unless hes pissed.

angry pete+spider sense+way of the spider=something fucking terrible

I never liked these videos, they seem to just pick and choose what weapons to give the characters depending on popularity. I remember they gave Deadpool a sword that negates healing factors that he had once ever for two seconds in a non-canon AU and it ended up being the deciding factor to him beating Deathstroke.

Meanwhile they don't give Thor the Necrosword and other OP weapons? I know these videos are meant for entertainment but I see way too many people preaching the "facts" from this series as the end-all-be-all arguments for a character's capabilities.

They did do a heck of a good job on Goku v Superman tho

Top Bottom