• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor vs Wonder Woman | DEATH BATTLE

thor_vs_wonder_woman_by_dynamo1212-da4dkbf.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp-bjnn_aOE

Skip to 14:11 for the fight.

Winner:
Wonder Woman takes the W. Yes, I'm shocked myself.

Also next battle:
Naruto vs Ichigo

zeemumu

Any cases where you found their math to be off enough to flip the decision?

The only one I can think of is them ignoring that regular Knuckles is strong enough to sucker punch Sonic out of his super form but still lost to Donkey Kong.

And I guess Android 18 not having energy absorption in the canon as far as we know. They only made that assumption because they do it in some of the games.

At least this match up makes sense, unlike when batinthesun did Diana versus Logan.

Super Power Beat Down is a popularity contest, not research-based. Winner's determined by votes.

Miracle

I feel like they had WW win because she's suddenly really popular now.

Not too long ago, they had her lose to Rogue which made absolutely no sense to me.

First Super Power Beat Down had Thor job to Super-Man and now this.

Thor gets Zero respect in the power scale from the communities.

I was entertained nonetheless. There's no way for Diana to beat Thor, especially Odin Force Thor or Rune King Thor. Death Battle needs to find one version and stick to it, and stop lumping different versions into one because if they keep using composite versions of characters they run into too many feats and inconsistencies.

I was entertained nonetheless. There's no way for Diana to beat Thor, especially Odin Force Thor or Rune King Thor. Death Battle needs to find one version and stick to it, and stop lumping different versions into one because if they keep using composite versions of characters they run into too many feats and inconsistencies.
That and they will ignore some for one and not the other.

First Super Power Beat Down had Thor job to Super-Man and now this.

Thor gets Zero respect in the power scale from the communities.

I mean, they're putting Thor against Superman and Wonder Woman. If they want him to win, don't have him fight people who'd kick his ass on a Thursday afternoon.

Put him against Aquaman or any of the Avengers.

I mean, they're putting Thor against Superman and Wonder Woman. If they want him to win, don't have him fight people who'd kick his ass on a Thursday afternoon.

This is bait Michael.. walk away... Don’t fall for it....

We have different opinions on this matter... I don’t believe that limitless bullshit about Super Man death battle does... let’s leave it at that.

These dudes go out of their way to not pick obvious choices cause it gets people riled up.

Thor should stomp
Not just that, they half ass their research too.

Like the said
that Diana punched Doomsday to dust. Which she didn't it was a shitty clone wasn't doomsday. Also they failed to mention her biggest weakness! If a man ties her up, she loses all her powers while tied up!

caliph95

Not going to say anything

Not going to say anything

I feel like they had WW win because she's suddenly really popular now.

Alternately, they explained why they felt she would win. It's plausible enough as any of these things are generally a function of how much power and ability a given writer in any mainline series ever gave them and the best approximations across comic book universes can offer.

Hell, they could have had her pick up Mjollnir itself it it would have felt just as accurate as what she ended up doing. Who would suggest Wonder Woman isn't worthy to pick up Mjollnir?

Thor... is a planet buster... Wonder is not... wtf...

and? Diana is at worst an equal to Superman himself, who clearly has the ability to do the same if so motivated. If Diana is capable of shifting planetary orbits on sheer strength alone, she can bust them just fine.

That and they will ignore some for one and not the other.

Yup :/

At the end of day though..... Death Battle isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's entertainment and whether it's good or bad is up to each person. I watch it to laugh at how crazy and absurd their "research" is.

I have my comic vine/reddit for more "accurate" battles, lol.

So they ignored all of Thor fights against the Silver Surfer and other ridiculously fast cosmic beings and instead measured his speed by comparing him to... Quicksilver?

That's pretty stupid. They really dropped the ball with this one.

traveler

Not Wario
At the risk of being Mr. Nofunallowed....

First time I've seen one of these and gotta say, using one off examples of hyperbole level strength/speed/etc. to compute the mathematical capabilities of superheroes seems kind of dumb. If these beings were really able to consistently manage those feats, the actual "fight" would be incomprehensible to human eyes and almost certainly wipe out substantial chunks of land/if not the entire Earth itself if the fight didn't end in a flash due to a unblocked death blow.

Moreover, every time I read a list of comic book character powers, my eyes just start to glaze over. Is all this escalation of power up into most ridiculous levels of capability actually interesting? (like, cmon, Mjolnir traveling the breadth of the universe in 60 seconds is just stupid) It reads like the action figure play fights we had in grade school. "You're going to smash the ground and send an island at my head? Well, I'll just jump up and fling the Earth at you instead!"

Granted, this is probably not the type of video to watch if I explicitly wanted to avoid superhero power level talk, so that's on me. I just end up seeing stuff like this every time I want to give the medium a shot- specifically the superhero side of it; I'm well aware of and have read plenty of great out of genre works- and get turned off.

Da-Kid

Alternately, they explained why they felt she would win. It's plausible enough as any of these things are generally a function of how much power and ability a given writer in any mainline series ever gave them and the best approximations across comic book universes can offer.

Hell, they could have had her pick up Mjollnir itself it it would have felt just as accurate as what she ended up doing. Who would suggest Wonder Woman isn't worthy to pick up Mjollnir?

and? Diana is at worst an equal to Superman himself, who clearly has the ability to do the same if so motivated. If Diana is capable of shifting planetary orbits on sheer strength alone, she can bust them just fine.
She's not equal to Superman..

JCHandsom

Yes. It makes whatever side has the most lore win almost by default.

Carol should have beat android 18

And that's coming from Slayven

i mean have you seen the ragnarok trailers?

I’ve been avoiding Ragnarok trailers because of Marvel marketing. For Spider-Man Homecoming they showed key points/parts of the movies in the promotional trailers leading up and didn’t like it once I realized it when I saw the movie.

Are the trailers hype and worth checking out?

I’ve been avoiding Ragnarok trailers because of Marvel marketing. For Spider-Man Homecoming they showed key points/parts of the movies in the promotional trailers leading up and didn’t like it once I realized it when I saw the movie.

Are the trailers hype and worth checking out?

yes. trailers are awesomesocks.

Gin-Shiio

Wonder Woman would win in her comic, Thor would win in his. Power levels don't mean shit in comics, it's all about the writer in charge.

At the risk of being Mr. Nofunallowed....

First time I've seen one of these and gotta say, using one off examples of hyperbole level strength/speed/etc. to compute the mathematical capabilities of superheroes seems kind of dumb. If these beings were really able to consistently manage those feats, the actual "fight" would be incomprehensible to human eyes and almost certainly wipe out substantial chunks of land/if not the entire Earth itself if the fight didn't end in a flash due to a unblocked death blow.

Moreover, every time I read a list of comic book character powers, my eyes just start to glaze over. Is all this escalation of power up into most ridiculous levels of capability actually interesting? (like, cmon, Mjolnir traveling the breadth of the universe in 60 seconds is just stupid) It reads like the action figure play fights we had in grade school. "You're going to smash the ground and send an island at my head? Well, I'll just jump up and fling the Earth at you instead!"

Granted, this is probably not the type of video to watch if I explicitly wanted to avoid superhero power level talk, so that's on me. I just end up seeing stuff like this every time I want to give the medium a shot- specifically the superhero side of it; I'm well aware of and have read plenty of great out of genre works- and get turned off.
I find it more ridiculous in DC because then you have Batman who has fought along side and even fought these characters without instant death. It's kind of bullshit.
Their heroes go from being literal gods who can blow up planets with a blink of an eye and travel the galaxy in a second. Then Batman in a suit of armor beats him up. Not some godly Ironman like suit. Just a suit of Bat Armor.

Have you seen the fan bases for Dragonball Z or Gurren Langen?

Oh God..... Gurren Lagann got ridiculous yet entertaining by the end of the animated show, lol. "Oh yeah?!?!!! Well mines bigger AND stronger!" Pure fuckery and I enjoyed every bit of it!

On that note, have y'all seen the battle fanbases for The Flash (Barry and Wally)?! Every battle comes down to: but can they react to Barry/Wally tho? Or it comes down to: Barry/Wally would be too fast for *insert villain/hero*!

Top Bottom