• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Brit GAF is up to meetup 13. We are falling behind!

Something must be done!

Damn those Brits, they love to drink.

dRGV45E.gif

Sober

Brit GAF is up to meetup 13. We are falling behind!

Something must be done!
Aren't we at least tied? We have a few impromptu meetups that were pretty last minute but still pulled in quite a few people.

Boston-GAF is woefully behind, seems like they only do them during PAX and stuff.

krae_man

Aren't we at least tied? We have a few impromptu meetups that were pretty last minute but still pulled in quite a few people.

Boston-GAF is woefully behind, seems like they only do them during PAX and stuff.

With unofficial meetups we are in the lead by miles.

After work I walked home wearing just pants and a long-sleeve shirt just because I could do it and not freeze to death. Also I was too hot wearing my winter jacket.

Yes above 0 is now relatively warm

Extreme cold weather alerts in Toronto:

2014-2015: 37 days
2013-2014: 36 days
2012-2013: 9 days
2011-2012: 7 days

I guess we're going to get 40-50 days of cold darkness next winter then

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's that one time of the year you'll see #TeamWarm praise these sorts of temperatures. When we hit 6c in November, they would claim it would be the end of the world.

I'm not #TeamCrazy, I enjoy this temperature. I'm just not about that 25c+ high humidity life.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's that one time of the year you'll see #TeamWarm praise these sorts of temperatures. When we hit 6c in November, they would claim it would be the end of the world.

I'm not #TeamCrazy, I enjoy this temperature. I'm just not about that 25c+ high humidity life.
And that's how all of this started. Kuro insisting that high temp + high humidity = good and us sane people telling him he was crazy. It then morphed to crazy people like Kraft saying that -30 with windchill was pleasant. It's not pleasant, it's just more bearable than what what Kuro likes because you can bundle up but Kuro's stubbornness stops him from admitting he's crazy.

I drove with the window down last night. It was awesome.

Fuck this winter. I've had enough of it. Give me spring and fall over this any day. Summer is too hot, though.

Instantly sweating when you leave your house is awful.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I slept with the AC on last night.

You changed your avatar. :O

I was going to go to the Zelda Symphony but since I'm not working, I didn't think I should spend the money. Therefore I am going to Star Wars night at the Marlies instead.

So it appears York is still on strike.

Can't even count votes properly!

It was indeed a debacle.

whats worse is that because of the proposal that was really generous to one particular unit out of the 3 units that were striking, that unit voted for ratification, while the other two voted no. So while the union is still technically on strike, the University is considering allowing students come back to class since that unit is (i think) the unit for contract faculty, and putting the unit that voted for ratification on the spot to cross the picket line.

lol at all of this. at any rate, i don't have class tomorrow (which means i'm off for the week, which allows me to work on assignments)

whitehawk

Banned
It was indeed a debacle.

whats worse is that because of the proposal that was really generous to one particular unit out of the 3 units that were striking, that unit voted for ratification, while the other two voted no. So while the union is still technically on strike, the University is considering allowing students come back to class since that unit is (i think) the unit for contract faculty, and putting the unit that voted for ratification on the spot to cross the picket line.

lol at all of this. at any rate, i don't have class tomorrow (which means i'm off for the week, which allows me to work on assignments)
It's despicable of York to try and split the union like this, and very disappointing in the lackluster job the BT and executive team did leading the thing. Majority of members did not vote on accepting the proposition, but some members were away. They allowed York to get one Union to accept and now we have this situation where York is going to try and get students/faculty to cross their own picket lines. Ugh.

All you haters gonna hate. Warmth is here for now.

Warmth is love. Warmth is life.

We'll have to agree to disagree. A bit, at least.

Warmth is good when you're cold, yes. It's also good when you're sleeping, and when it's (weather-wise) mixed with some cool air too.

Summer is too overbearing with its heat and humidity.

Mupod

my room is 27.1c...
i really hate this apt's centralized air system, you cant turn off anything

My apartment's heating makes no sense. A week or two ago I needed my space heater blasting full tilt just so I could feel my hands at the computer. Now I almost need the AC.

mr.rager

Any sneakerheads buying the new Foamposite One "M. Golds" on saturday?

where are ya'll going, it'd be cool it make it a mini-meet up.

Buddy is holding one for me so I don't have to line up/raffle lol. Have my yeezy and supreme ones so I'm good on foams until the red octobers come out. Next cop is the white metallic 5 and chicago 1s. and maybe a y3 and a yeezy boost.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's that time of year again....

Best Burger Restaurants in Toronto from blogto.com

Harbord Room
Drake Hotel
Bestellen
Whippoorwill
Queen and Beaver
The Saint
Mildred's Temple Kitchen
Stack Restaurant
The Gabardine
Barberian's
Museum Tavern
Cluny

I've been to the Drake (two weeks ago, I believe) it was pretty good and they let me order it medium rare. The rest I have no been to; it's a bit surprising that Allen's, which has been on here a lot is not on the list.

Note these are the best Burger RESTAURANTS. Best Burger is still Burger's Priest followed by Holy Chuck and then Stockyards, which I can't disagree with.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Buddy is holding one for me so I don't have to line up/raffle lol. Have my yeezy and supreme ones so I'm good on foams until the red octobers come out. Next cop is the white metallic 5 and chicago 1s. and maybe a y3 and a yeezy boost.

I have no idea what any of this means. other than it has to do with shoes.

And I like Burger's Priest. *shrug*

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow really? What is wrong with people... (sorry(notsorry), I hate BP)

Burger Priest is good..but i wouldn't say it's the best you can get

also i hate this warmth

Whenever someone says Burger Priest is the best burger, I always think they are being sarcastic.
You #teamwinter jerks need to start naming places. Except EM cause I've already determined he's wrong :D

I've also had other people say it's not good but then admit it tastes good but it's the portion and price. I ask them to name a better tasting burger and I've yet to hear one.

I'm not saying it's GODLY (praise the sun) but I'm very hard pressed to name a better place though I admit I haven't been to every place here.

Top Bottom