• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Activision does the opposite. They routinely release the new COD on Election Day to keep the young guys home.

I assume you’re kidding but in case anyone takes it seriously no. It’s because it’s mathematically the best day to release a game of that scale because it’s close to Black Friday and lets you build a ramp to Christmas. Also close to parents buying consoles and games as bundles. Also usually a Tuesday because that’s a retail/electoral coincidence.

Source: it’s related to my job.

Belfast

Place I went to gave them away at 11, jerks.

Well to be fair, when all you sell are sandwiches, running out of bread is kind of a huge oversight.

Having worked at a sandwich shop for quite some time, it can happen. Well, at least prepared bread. You have sales projections, but if you end up baking too much bread, you encounter a lot of waste. However, sometimes a day’s sales will exceed your projections by a large margin for any number of reasons. We’ve never completely run out of bread, but we’ve come close, and taking bread from frozen to fully baked typically takes hours.

You’re right, it’s important to stay on top of your bread production, but maintaining the balance between what you need and what you might waste can sometimes be more difficult than anticipated.

Tawpgun

Can't tell if its a bad move or not.

I think its bad on McDonalds part.... but genius for Rick and Morty. They gave it to the public in such small amounts that its still got that mythical status

BriGuy

Want to feel depressed? Ask yourself how many of the folks waiting in line for high fructose corn sauce would be willing to wait in line to vote.

This is absolutely crazy the prices online are insane, I pondered going but knew it was going to be out of control, it's not even that great of a sauce imho or at least 13 year old me didn't think so.

Jeez. I just came back from the place just to see what the big deal this sauce thing was, and the line...

I grossly underestimated how popular/crazy this was going to be.

I said "screw it" and went back home. Good thing too since I heard of the limited packs they had.

Want to feel depressed? Ask yourself how many of the folks waiting in line for high fructose corn sauce would be willing to wait in line to vote.

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
lol I just visited the Rick & Morty Reddit, these guys really think they are smarter then anyone else, right? "McD showed that Rick & Morty Fans are sheeples. Think for yourself"
lol

Miracle

This applies to people waiting HOURS UPON HOURS in gaming conventions, people waiting in line to buy new basketball shoes or have celebrities sign them autographs.

This doesn't really surprise me. Diehard fanboys are more dedicated then young voters.

SiteSeer

tried to get some from a mcds 12 miles from my place. got there and they said they never got a shipment. why am i such an idiot?

Stormthehouse

Neo Member

They were waiting in line to feel like part of a joke, i'm not entirely sure that the motivation would be much different for many of them in an election now

Kusagari

Rick and Morty is the real winner.

McDonalds gets shit on for handling the promotion terribly while Rick and Morty and the mythos of the sauce grows bigger.

SaviourMK2

i was in line and they said they never got them (I don't believe that now if people are reporting they only got 20).
I was hearing these two guys in line (drive thru) behind me getting all excited, I thankfully didn't stick around when they drove up to order, I actually just drove off once i had the free room.

Rick and Morty is the real winner.

McDonalds gets shit on for handling the promotion terribly while Rick and Morty and the mythos of the sauce grows bigger.

The real winners are regular rick and morty fans. Now when someone starts talking about how they are smart because they “really get the show” you can say “oh you mean that mcdonalds cartoon?”

Went by the only McDonald's in Orlando that was participating. Got told they'd only had 20 packets in and had run out super quick. There was still a huge line as McDonald's as it seems they were having to give away free burgers to a bunch of people who were upset that they didn't get that sweet schezwan sauce. Not Schwifty McDonald's. Not Schwifty at all.

Artanisix

didn't even know this was a thing until today

was going grocery shopping earlier, saw the micky dicks across the street had a massive line wrapping around it

walked up and asked this fat neckbeardy dude what was going on, he scoffed and said "rick and morty"

i wish i was making this up but i was so taken aback by his tone that i just left

MC Safety

People getting themselves in a lather over fast food and flavored sugar water because a cartoon told them to.

I'd quote H.L. Mencken discussing the common folk, but it would be overkill.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
They had 38 sauces and 10 posters, but hundreds of people wrapped around the block and then some during a rainstorm. I left before anyone died.

I hate to ask this, but what time did you line up if you got one?

The Argus

Went to a McDs here in NYC that the official website listed as a participating location. There wasn't much of a line and some kids with posters. Turns out they never got their shipment. So we just ordered a frap and waited and waited until they let is know they were fresh out. They gave us a card for some 2 free meals and we bailed. Disappointing, but shit happens. A location on Steinway had a line 3 blocks long supposedly. Brilliant marketing.

Top Bottom