• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

I’ve never watched Rick and Morty, never had the sauce, and sure as fuck wasn’t going to 30 miles to get it. But it’s kind of silly people keep using this as a chance to shit in Rick and Morty fans as if lining up for dumb “limited” shit is anywhere near exclusive to them.
It isn't readily available, they brought it back after a 20 year hiatus buuuuut it's possible to make or so I have read.
Szechuan sauce is a thing that exists independently of McDonald’s. This is just their specific recipe.

It isn't readily available, they brought it back after a 20 year hiatus buuuuut it's possible to make or so I have read.

That may be, but the legit stuff has to come from McDonalds or its not the same. If a genius like Rick Sanchez went to McDonalds in the cartoon to get his fix instead of making it himself like you would imagine a genius would be capable of doing, then fans of the show probably won't believe they can make it perfectly at home.

Makai

Low2CnT.png

Shit is wild, people going crazy over a readily available condiment because a cartoon told them too lol
I've read recipes for real Sichuan sauce and there's no way this tastes the same.

I’ve never watched Rick and Morty, never had the sauce, and sure as fuck wasn’t going to 30 miles to get it. But it’s kind of silly people keep using this as a chance to shit in Rick and Morty fans as if lining up for dumb “limited” shit is anywhere near exclusive to them.

Szechuan sauce is a thing that exists independently of McDonald’s. This is just their specific recipe.

Yes excuse me I am incorrect, on that front. Regardless 30 packs per store for their recipe is a bit low, it's seemed to have made some people's daily run to mcdonalds experience less cathartic.

I went to McDonalds today and they had none. Of course, I expected this as I am in Canada, but you would THINK one in the middle of downtown Vancouver would have at least got SOME of the sauce.

Korey

I wonder if McDonalds is legally allowed to bring this out again to coincide with the new Mulan movie without Disney's permission?

I don't know if it has been said in this thread but i saw 4 of these on an ebay posting go for $600 fucking ridiculous. a container of the sauce, the ones they gave away a month or two ago was going for around $16,000

Y97ezJb.png

3y6QRhG.png

Violet_0

Banned
Popular enough to start a fight in Berkeley.

I feel like you can start a fight in Berkley over just aboout everything, really
I've never watched Rick and Morty, never had the sauce, and sure as fuck wasn't going to 30 miles to get it. But it's kind of silly people keep using this as a chance to shit in Rick and Morty fans as if lining up for dumb ”limited" shit is anywhere near exclusive to them.
some part of GAF really hates R&M, or at least the fandom. I hate every fandom, so I can somewhat relate I guess

How did this work logistically? i.e. if I just wanted a Big Mac was there a separate queue?

It didn’t work, but it didn’t need to because each location only got 20 packets. There was neither precedence nor expectation by anyone working at McDonalds that there would be 15 block lines for 20 packets of sauce. The last time MdDonalds saw anything even remotely like this was when those mini Beanie Babies were Happy Meal items back in the 90s.

I am certainly glad I didn’t try to go to a McDonalds to try and get this sauce. It has been way more fun to watch the madness from afar.

Jawmuncher

Wonder if the botching has them reconsidering bringing it back in a more timed manner. They made the whole Sriracha Mac sauce to get more millennials into the store and it looks like all they need to actually do for such traffic is just have this sauce more available.

Must spend $30 to get some szeccccchhhhhuan would be easy money because people now want it to flip x try

McDonald's would be idiots to let this slip away

snap

Banned
How did this work logistically? i.e. if I just wanted a Big Mac was there a separate queue?

the way it worked at mine (where they didn't have the sauce but did everything else) was they handed out tickets ahead of time, and then when the time came they lined everyone up in-order at a register. Anyone coming in not for the event was directed to one of the touchscreen kiosks.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Where is the video of one of these protestors taking his shirt off and saying he doesn't even like the sauce and was just doing it for the lolz?

Mikey Jr.

Not sure why it's so hard for a multibillion dollar company to make more than a handful of fucking packets of sauce.

They like showing off they have jugs of it though.

Not that it matters to me. I live in Canada. We're lucky enough to get Ketchup.

Also bunch of losers angry about sauce.

Buckle

If Rick told people to jump in a silly episode ending rant would people in real life ask how high. This seems really stupid.
Still need to confirm that Justin Roiland got a bunch of Nintendo shit that he asked for onscreen during season two before we can truly confirm his godlike powers.

Oh my god! I can't believe this is happening. I know people may really be upset about not getting the sauce and all, but goddammit I'm in tears from laughing so hard.

This is one of the dumbest things I will ever remember. "Yo, remember when that show made a big deal about some nugget sauce, and folks went rioting in the streets?" I can't keep defending humanity when shit like this comes about.

It's probably nasty af too!

CHC

Imagine only being paid $7.25 an hour to have a army of morbidly obese, deodorant-less nerds in Minecraft/Walking Dead mashup shirts swarmed around you screaming “WE WANT SAUCE”

lol and people shit on me earlier in the thread for acting "superior" when I said I wasn't going to bother anymore because I didn't want to wait on line with these kinds of dudes.

I wait in line for Star Wars stuff like three times a year for various things. My friend wanted to do this. Had to draw a line. Looks like I made the right decision.

Top Bottom