• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Google's semi-intrusive push notifications on my phone are getting amusingly specific: "hey, that Philip Lim jacket you were looking at last week is now 34% cheaper!" 💸💸

Alucrid's suggestions are good. Definitely check out Odin.

UNIS makes some of my fav tees and chino style pants. they also sell Common Projects as required by menswear law.

ALEX MILL is a brand from the son of J. Crew's (ex) CEO. their style is pretty J Crew-esque but the materials and construction are a bit nicer.

maybe check out DOVER STREET MARKET just for the experience.

EVOL 100%

attachment.php

Yeah we're gonna need some fits here EVOL

Here you go

Awful pics, but you get the idea

kiyomi

are acne jeans worth the price?

I mean.. in what sense? Can you afford them? Do they give you the exact fit you've been looking for that no other jean does? Do you look at them and think, "wow!"? Do they make you feel really good when you wear them? Those would be signs of something being 'worth' it to me.

The whole question of worthiness and quality is so weird and subjective that you can justify almost anything as being worth it if you can afford it.

Go try some on if you can, that's the best way to find out!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
are acne jeans worth the price?

I dunno how their new cuts are, I think my current acne jeans (ace cut) was worth the money but I'm also in Sweden so they are cheaper than they are in America for example.

Also quick question what's a good price for BNWT D02 jeans? Been thinking of picking some up and I don't really feel like going that far above $300 for them.

EDIT: God damn, I think I've found the coolest looking jeans I've seen https://www.grailed.com/listings/2272746-Undercover-Hagi-Stretch-Denim--FINAL-DROP- buuut, I'd rather get a pair of D02's as they would be easier to wear.

I mean.. in what sense? Can you afford them? Do they give you the exact fit you've been looking for that no other jean does? Do you look at them and think, "wow!"? Do they make you feel really good when you wear them? Those would be signs of something being 'worth' it to me.

The whole question of worthiness and quality is so weird and subjective that you can justify almost anything as being worth it if you can afford it.

Go try some on if you can, that's the best way to find out!
My perspective on that question would be if they hold up, quality-wise. For example I've heard that Nudie jeans fall apart, so I wouldn't consider those worth it even if the cut is perfect

on this subject Rag & Bone is having a 75% off sale so I got a pair of Fit 1's. Looking forward to trying them out

kiyomi

Is that sale on their site? I'm not seeing it.

Ironically Nudies were/are the first pair of decent jeans that I've really enjoyed wearing and have held up fine so far, haha. The crotch blowouts do worry me but if it happens, they'll repair it for free, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely need a second pair of jeans for this autumn tho.

Is that sale on their site? I'm not seeing it.

Ironically Nudies were/are the first pair of decent jeans that I've really enjoyed wearing and have held up fine so far, haha. The crotch blowouts do worry me but if it happens, they'll repair it for free, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely need a second pair of jeans for this autumn tho.
I saw it on an fb ad. things were going really fast when I was there, saw a pair of jeans in my size go as I was on the page

Long story short, I didn't expect to get passed the phone interview, and now I need to get a decent suit by tomorrow. Any recommendations of places that'll get the job done when you need a well fitting suit in a pinch?

Long story short, I didn't expect to get passed the phone interview, and now I need to get a decent suit by tomorrow. Any recommendations of places that'll get the job done when you need a well fitting suit in a pinch?

Any off the rack suit is most likely not going to fit and will need some sort of alteration and no tailor is going to do this for you in a day. Does this job interview really require a suit? Majority of job interviews are pretty business casual these days so all you may need is just some slacks, dress shirt, and tie at the most. In fact I think that ties are a bit overkill in some industries (web related).

acohrs

got my first levi's jean in year this week, bought online, few comments. Firstly, when did most levi's jeans start to cost 100€?? hollister, gap, hell nudie jeans cost less!

Secondly, the quality is terrible, were levi's jeans always this bad or have they gotten worse recently?

Very disappointed, going straight back

Oxn

got my first levi's jean in year this week, bought online, few comments. Firstly, when did most levi's jeans start to cost 100€?? hollister, gap, hell nudie jeans cost less!

Secondly, the quality is terrible, were levi's jeans always this bad or have they gotten worse recently?

Levi were always trash. Never understood the love for it

But i am suprised about your claims on the price. They sell them at kohls for god sake i think 20-30 bucks

But i am suprised about your claims on the price. They sell them at kohls for god sake i think 20-30 bucks

note the euro sign he used. levi's jeans cost an insane amount outside north america, they aren't worth it AT ALL.

acohrs

used to be able to buy them at places for 70 to 80 euros, now they sell for 100 euros from their own online site. Not even the premium line 8 stuff, just some 512 jeans.

Going to return these and get my first pair of nudie jeans, those cost roughly similar but with free repair are a much a better deal

Zekes!

Levi's are garbage but I still cop from time to time, but only on sale. I will say their new 512 fit is amazing for me tho. My current denim rotation has been those Levi's 512, Purple 002's, and a pair of Rag & Bone Fit 2's. I really liked the couple pairs of Levi's Made & Crafted that I have, but finding them on sale, and at decent Canadian prices, has been tricky.

The store I work at sells Nudies, so I could get them for half off with my employee discount (or more during sale), but I just don't like the shape and the stitching on the pockets. I used to love Naked & Famous, but their fits don't really work for me anymore.

acohrs

All saints is really good stuff, but definitely very slim fits. If you want your clothes to not be really slim then size up, quality is great though

I found these: https://www.us.allsaints.com/men/jeans/allsaints-beale-cigarette/?colour=451&category=7

Thoughts on allsaints? the fit looks pretty promising

All Saints, while being considered a high street brand, is actually pretty good quality. I outgrew that style so don't really buy anything from them but do love their leather jackets. Shirts I bought lasted me a long time even wearing them day after day. I need to visit their outlet in Cabazon one of these days but never actually get out there to be honest.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, not about Levi's really, they don't age well.

Diesel are a safe bet for mid-tier jeanage, I bought a pair of Krooleys about 6 months ago and they are still looking decent. I wear them regularly and even wash them on occasion (once a week because I'm not gross).
Just bought this 'kimono' from Zara. What do you guys think? I'm half in on it:
Zgodp1L.jpg

https://www.zara.com/ca/en/man/sweaters/cotton-indigo-kimono-c269238p4672509.html

Might take a photo later with it on.
Burn this bro...

NinjaBoiX

am i looking at the wrong diesel here? the jeans on their website cost hundreds of dollars.
I got mine on sale for about £30 but yeah, they're usually £100+. But even then that's still pretty mid tier for jeans.

Edit: these are the ones I have, see them plenty online for sub £100

diesel-denim-krooley-880g-regular-fit-jeans-product-3-3210996-237675386.jpeg

Top Bottom