• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I got mine on sale for about £30 but yeah, they're usually £100+. But even then that's still pretty mid tier for jeans.

Edit: these are the ones I have, see them plenty online for sub £100

diesel-denim-krooley-880g-regular-fit-jeans-product-3-3210996-237675386.jpeg

I'm looking for BLACK yo. Nudie is not an option, returning the jeans I bought from them a few months back took forever and cost me a fortune off my refund because I'm in the US and they're based in Sweden.

ALSO:

Anyone here got Story et Fall Chelseas? Thoughts?

considering some outlier slim DUNGAREEs. thoughts?

Awesome pants, Outlier guys call them the 21st century jean and I fully agree with the description, that's why in my previous post I said long time ago (years) I bought several Levis and I still have a good amount of them as brand new cause after I bought the Dungarees, I have zero interest to wear jeans.

Nice fabric, perfect fit for me (I'm skinny), very comfortable.

The only con is the price, it's expensive.

what's the fit like? i'm a 30 in gap and h&m pants, but they probably have vanity sizing.

Take a look at Outlier's site. They give very detailed info about the size, so you can compare them to some pants you already own.

I'm thinking of challenging myself by seeing if I can make it through the entire fall semester wearing the same pair of Outlier pants.

Buuuuut I can't decide which color to buy in order for them to look good with the greatest number of my shirts/shoes.

Here are my color choices (red X means not currently available in my size):

B25uxJv.png

And here's a list of every color of shirt I have:
  • Burgundy
  • Olive
  • Navy
  • White
  • Light gray
  • Red/black (flannel)
  • Dark grey/white (flannel)
My shoes:

Black seems like the obvious choice but I think the dungarees look more like chinos than jeans, and black chinos are definitely not what I'm looking for, so I don't know.

Oxn

I'm thinking of challenging myself by seeing if I can make it through the entire fall semester wearing the same pair of Outlier pants.

Buuuuut I can't decide which color to buy in order for them to look good with the greatest number of my shirts/shoes.

B25uxJv.png

• Burgundy
  • Olive
  • Navy
  • White
  • Light gray
  • Red/black (flannel)
My shoes:

Black seems like the obvious choice but I think the dungarees look more like chinos than jeans, and black chinos are definitely not what I'm looking for, so I don't know.

Ive just been eyeing these pants myself.

Black and a form of grey is always the safest bet, like the Phase grey, or the steel color.

But i have plenty of black and grey chinos already.

Im considering the Maroonshadow myself. it looks like a deep dark plum/purple color, which i like, and i have enough neutral colors that will make it work.

B25uxJv.png

• Burgundy
  • Olive
  • Navy
  • White
  • Light gray
  • Red/black (flannel)
My shoes:

what are those 2nd shoes. They kinda remind me of the killshots but the toebox is different.

giga

what's the fit like? i'm a 30 in gap and h&m pants, but they probably have vanity sizing.
they are vanity. check the site for measurements/

B25uxJv.png

• Burgundy
  • Olive
  • Navy
  • White
  • Light gray
  • Red/black (flannel)
My shoes:

i have them in black and darkindigo but for you i'd say chestnut or charcoal.

thanks for the advice giga.

charcoal seems good, but i forgot to mention I have a charcoal grey henley that I plan on wearing a lot that is basically the same color, and I think it would look a little weird to be dressed in full charcoal :p

maroonshadow actually IS in my size, that color seems interesting...

edit: i made some diagrams in paint.net to help me visualize

chestnut:

1Kec78c.png

maroonshadow:

T4L2h9T.png

bluetint gray:

vQoSq0V.png

wtf is going on here

the colors come in sets of two. the color on top represents the shirt color, and the color on bottom represents the pants color.

i'm trying to see which pants color would look best with the shirts i own.

what are those 2nd shoes. They kinda remind me of the killshots but the toebox is different.

they're Nike SB Blazer Low GT's, in ivory/gum. i bought them at a time when killshots were out of stock.

Good lord, just buy clothes on instinct and see what works on the day.

It's not a science project.

they're $200 pants

i'm going to make damn sure i get the best color for my wardrobe, thank you

some of the colors are kinda hard for me to visualize since they're sort of in-between shades. in my head i thought maroonshadow would look good with olive but now i think it kind of doesn't.

Help me out gaf.

I'm looking for a 3 piece suit for my cousin's wedding. Preferably one i can go instore (UK) to try on and pick up.

Really liking the idea of a beige suit.

some of the colors are kinda hard for me to visualize since they're sort of in-between shades. in my head i thought maroonshadow would look good with olive but now i think it kind of doesn't.

You know for clothing you can't really use any sort of chart because your complexion, hair color among other things will affect how it looks on you. This is one of those things where you just gotta try it out to see how it looks.

Iron Heart had a 12% off sale over the weekend. I sized up to XXL in a my shirts and got a new pair of jeans. I'm currently a Large and I'm hoping to bulk to an XXL and fit these in a year. Probably going to be swimming a bit in them but it will be motivation to get big.

Did you continue scrolling in the Dungarees page? there are a lot of pictures of the actual pants -not just those little squares- in different colors.

EVOL 100%

Well, you can go down the whole rabbit hole of seasonal color analysis. Then you never have to worry whether certain colors work on you or not

Jeremy

https://www.instagram.com/thetomarnold/?hl=en

In the second row of pics, anyone recognize that piece of BAPE? Trying to figure out if it's just a knock off

In case Tom Arnold uploads any more pics, it's the picture of (from left to right) James Cameron, Tom Arnold and Arnold Schwarzenegger. You can see the back design in the third video, where James Cameron is speaking on working with either Tom or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I got my slim dungarees, they were comfortable and they fit well but I wasn't a huge fan of the color so I'm gonna return it for a refund. I'm not really a huge fan of any of the other colors they come in, but I'm definitely interested in the brand so I think I'll sign up for their mailing list.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
what brand has the best tees, regardless of price?

i've been looking at john elliot co., outlier and acne studios

I like the John Elliott ones (they're just called John Elliott now, no more co). You have to try them in person or be ready to return them, but all their stuff gets sold out quick so you might not manage to get an exchange. I'm trying to get more of their classic tees, I'm not a fan of the mercer ones which are lower in the back, and oversized t-shirts doesn't look good on me.

Other than that I wear some Reigning Champ tees.

I like the John Elliott ones (they're just called John Elliott now, no more co). You have to try them in person or be ready to return them, but all their stuff gets sold out quick so you might not manage to get an exchange. I'm trying to get more of their classic tees, I'm not a fan of the mercer ones which are lower in the back, and oversized t-shirts doesn't look good on me.

Other than that I wear some Reigning Champ tees.

john elliott tee worth $68 usd tho?

what brand has the best tees, regardless of price?

i've been looking at john elliot co., outlier and acne studios

I've only tried the Outlier ones. They are great. Nice fit, most of them are Merino, so they're very soft and work well both in summer & winter.

However, my favourite tee ever -when it comes to fit- is this vintage design by Levis...

levis-vintage-1950s-sportswear-grey-t-shirt-40850-p18756-61068_medium.jpg

...sadly, currently is very hard to find, I have like 8 of them lol in different colors and wow, it's like it was designed taking into account my measurements.

lululemon has incredible customer service

612wWvb.png

how easy would the outlier OG climbers be to hem? they look like a solid option for a s k i n n y b o i like me, i'd just have to get that 35-inch inseam taken down to a 32 or so.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
john elliott tee worth $68 usd tho?

More expensive in CAD:( But you can usually find some on sale. I like te cut more than anything, the quality has been decent but they're tshirts so the price tag is for the brand/style really. The co-mixed ones I would say are the best as far as quality goes.
Just bought some now actually. I have many tees so they last me a while, I don't over wear them.

Otherwise I have some Scotch and Soda, haven't bought any in a while but the ones I bought are of good quality.

I don't know, it's up to you really.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
the john elliott+co t shirts i had were really thin. didn't like that. they also pilled pretty easily

I have a black, navy, olive from season seven that are thin, and a washed jade one and a gray one also from season seven that are thicker. Co mixed is also thicker. It varies a lot.

Really I think RC is the best recommendation I can make, but they're not cheap either. No flashy colors though. But JE's styles and colours are my favourites.

Top Bottom