• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

Manufactured holes in jeans man, it's so lame. Vintage weathering looks cool, lived in, worn for years. Some scuffs on the knees, coin marks on the pockets, faded dye on the butt area, a bit of a rip on a regularly used pocket.

Buying jeans with perfectly cut slits exactly on the knees is so affectatious, you look like a backing dancer for a boyband.

Manufactured holes in jeans man, it's so lame. Vintage weathering looks cool, lived in, worn for years. Some scuffs on the knees, coin marks on the pockets, faded dye on the butt area, a bit of a rip on a regularly used pocket.

Buying jeans with perfectly cut slits exactly on the knees is so affectatious, you look like a backing dancer for a boyband.

Agreed. I love faded, worn and garments with a patina to them but get them there yourself through your own wear. They look a million times better this way too. Pre-distressed clothing is a big no no for me. Be patient, it will fade eventually and it is worth the wait.

Mathunilx

Neo Member
Hello fashion gaf! I was wondering what you think about these sneakers! They are meant to be casual.

107727-39-dali_16decb2b-8242-464a-869d-af594531172a_1024x1024.jpg

Mathunilx

Neo Member
Look at that ultraboostish heelcup

That's the problem with most shoes here! This is actually the best I could find, everything else is even worse.

I've been looking for months but to no avail. I would order online but I'm afraid I won't get the right size.

acohrs

+2 on the manufactured ripped jeans, if you want ripped and faded then get vintage jeans.

Also, on the shoes, too much going on, like my formal shoes to be formal and my casual to be casual, that shoe is trying to be both and I don't like it

Oxn

That's the problem with most shoes here! This is actually the best I could find, everything else is even worse.

I've been looking for months but to no avail. I would order online but I'm afraid I won't get the right size.

Tell us what type of sneaker/shoe you are looking for and maybe we can help. Give as much info as possible, like color, what use itll be for, etc

those shoes are repulsive to me

Yea pretty much.

60/30 chino impressions:

they smell really weird

they're really comfortable

and they're way too long on me

also the warm gray looks kind of purple in person

Oxn

Do you guys think outlier is releasing a new Slim Dungaree?

They just eliminated a bunch of colors from their site. This sucks since i was gonna order tomorrow and my color is gone. Maybe they trying to tell me something?

Do you guys think outlier is releasing a new Slim Dungaree?

They just eliminated a bunch of colors from their site. This sucks since i was gonna order tomorrow and my color is gone. Maybe they trying to tell me something?

Nah, the way it works is they show whatever colors they have in stock. Certain colors get restocked every so often, and a color that was previously sold out can reappear on the site if someone returns their pair.

You wanted maroonshadow, right? I'm guessing it sold out in all sizes, which is why it isn't even an option anymore.

If you keep an eye on the Outlier subreddit/subscribe to their mailing list, you'll be informed of new color options when they are added.

cyborg009

Banned
Has anyone here tried stitch fix? Any impressions?

Anyways update I got my first package and it was pretty nice. I did get a pretty nice grey shirt but it costed freaking $28.00. 4 shirts and 1 short was about 162.25.

Also side note are chino shorts suppose to be above the knee? I've never had them before.

Anyways update I got my first package and it was pretty nice. I did get a pretty nice grey shirt but it costed freaking $28.00. 4 shirts and 1 short was about 162.25.

Also side note are chino shorts suppose to be above the knee? I've never had them before.

what brands were the items you got from? any pics?

Oxn

Nah, the way it works is they show whatever colors they have in stock. Certain colors get restocked every so often, and a color that was previously sold out can reappear on the site if someone returns their pair.

You wanted maroonshadow, right? I'm guessing it sold out in all sizes, which is why it isn't even an option anymore.

If you keep an eye on the Outlier subreddit/subscribe to their mailing list, you'll be informed of new color options when they are added.

Cool, guess ill just wait. Im actually settled on Charred Earth. Looks like a very deep chocolatey brown, and brown is one of my favorite colors.

Since you got a chance to try it, how is the sizing. Is it the same as other branded slim/skinny pants you bought?

Oxn

Most definitely above knees. My preference is 3 inches above top of knee.

I personally go for 7inch inseams, but some people are not brave enough to go that high. 8 is the highest i'll go, and i use to own alot of 9s, which i think looks hideous now even though its still above knee.

Cool, guess ill just wait. Im actually settled on Charred Earth. Looks like a very deep chocolatey brown, and brown is one of my favorite colors.

Since you got a chance to try it, how is the sizing. Is it the same as other branded slim/skinny pants you bought?

slimmer than levi's 511's, not as skinny as my H&M skinny chino.

cyborg009

Banned
Most definitely above knees. My preference is 3 inches above top of knee.

I personally go for 7inch inseams, but some people are not brave enough to go that high. 8 is the highest i'll go, and i use to own alot of 9s, which i think looks hideous now even though its still above knee.

Thanks!

what brands were the items you got from? any pics?

Brands

Chino shorts : 7 Diamonds
Long sleeve: Even Tide
Short sleeve: Hawker Rye
Short sleeve: Even Tide

grey shirt: Threads 4 thought (not in the pictures)

total cost 16.25 tbh the only thing I didn't like it that they bought a $28.00 grey tee shirt. It's a very nice shirt but geez... I did get a nice message form my stylist.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

I got my gray co-mix t-shirt from John Elliott. Bought it on Revolve along with another tee on sale. It's not thin like their usual t-shirts. It's a blend and it's thick, really recommend it. Their other tees are thin, the Reigning Champ ones are better. Still waiting on my purple, green, and mustard ones. White is always the thinnest, not my thing anyway.

edit: Got em, but the idiots at END sent me one of them as XL instead of Medium. Shipping anything from over there is already a pain in the ass, now I have to return it, and I see they're out of M. Should have just ordered from JE directly instead of just saving 10$ on each with END.

I generally buy USA made whenever possible although there are some exceptions I am willing to make. With that aside, I am curious on sunglasses and what the people who post often in this thread think of Oliver Peoples as a brand.

Dwayne Johnson (since I don't know if anyone calls him Rock anymore) wore a pair of Oliver Peoples Strummers in Ballers and may still wear them. They are made in Italy by the way.

Oliver-Peoples-Strummer-Dwayne-Johnson-The-Rock-Ballers.jpg

I generally buy USA made whenever possible although there are some exceptions I am willing to make. With that aside, I am curious on sunglasses and what the people who post often in this thread think of Oliver Peoples as a brand.

Dwayne Johnson (since I don't know if anyone calls him Rock anymore) wore a pair of Oliver Peoples Strummers in Ballers and may still wear them. They are made in Italy by the way.

Oliver-Peoples-Strummer-Dwayne-Johnson-The-Rock-Ballers.jpg
Luxotica brand, like just about every other italian made sunglasses company. Theyre nice enough and i like the lack of branding. Persol are my go to for sunglasses though.

Luxotica brand, like just about every other italian made sunglasses company. They're nice enough and i like the lack of branding. Persol are my go to for sunglasses though.

Whoa! I just learned something! I did not know that Luxottica bought them but I do know that Luxottica merged with Essilor or were bought out by them. When I speak of American made, I think of Randolphs. I love them but not just because they are American made but because as you push down the frames, you have to use a little force. For example, I bought a pair of vintage Ray Ban from the 90s as I wanted a pair of John Lennon style tea shades. The Randolph P3 is 49mm and is way too large for me for round lenses. It reminds me of this Prince album cover.

Art_Official_Age.jpg

I currently have a pair of Randolph Concorde sunglasses but I am not a fan of the retainer bar on top and almost wish I could cut it off because it is too long and extends over both of my eyebrows.

I much prefer their Archer and Corsair sunglasses.

https://www.randolphusa.com/men/menarcher/

https://www.randolphusa.com/men/corsair/

I would kill if they made a 46mm P3 because I could get rid of my Ray Bans.

I will look up Persol, thank you very much.

Garrett Leight is slightly cheaper than Oliver Peoples and has very similar frames. Garrett Leight is the son of Larry Leight, who founded Oliver Peoples. ;)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

God why are all the cool things women's, especially so with designs like these that they easily could do a men's version of too :///

I might be able to just go for it even if it's women's but the sizes(1,2 and 3) don't line up with their size guide(0,2 and 4 etc) so I have no idea if any of those sizes would work for me either as someone who is 182cm high(but with pretty short arms) and really skinny (think a bit over 50 kg).

Oxn

God why are all the cool things women's, especially so with designs like these that they easily could do a men's version of too :///

I might be able to just go for it even if it's women's but the sizes don't line up with their size guide so I have no idea if any of those sies would work for me either as someone who is 182cm high(but with pretty short arms) and really skinny (think a bit over 50 kg).

I might be able to just go for it even if it's women's but the sizes(1,2 and 3) don't line up with their size guide(0,2 and 4 etc) so I have no idea if any of those sizes would work for me either as someone who is 182cm high(but with pretty short arms) and really skinny (think a bit over 50 kg).
honestly I just sometimes buy women's clothes, for like jackets it hardly even matters. so much of what's offered for men is boring

inb4ninjaboix

Hey at least the zipper is on the right side for men.

I saw an amazing cardigan for women once but the buttons were on wrong side for men (on the left instead of the right) so I didn't buy it :/

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
honestly I just sometimes buy women's clothes, for like jackets it hardly even matters. so much of what's offered for men is boring

inb4ninjaboix
Yeah I don't really care if it's women's or men's it's just that measurements are a lot more important and I can't find the measurements for sizes 1, 2 and 3 on their size guide.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
TwaDOgE.jpg

Almost keyboard cat:
Y52xBIt.jpg

None of the proceeds will go to charity

Top Bottom