• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

bargeparty

Finished Route B.
Who the fuck were those two standing next to 2B and 9S. WHO???? And was that the commander in the bunker when 9S went to his mech?

Started Route C.
Man, did things turn to shit immediately. Oh man, is the virus the same type of thing like Red Eye disease/White Chlorination Syndrome? Was that Monah/the Watchers. Wtf! And oh my god, is A2 awesome or what? A2 might be my favorite.

Pour one out for 2B, You will definitely be missed.
raw

Oh fuck me wtf did I just read? I just started the 3rd playthrough and can't get passed the opening 2B part. I'm only level 38 and need to level my weapons more cause I do no dmg to these bitches. I didn't do like any side quests in the second playthrough.

Honestly I'm not sure I like the design of this game.

jonjonaug

Having a lovely and sad conversation with
Engels about him choosing death
and in the middle of the cutscene
Emil
runs me over with his stupid face playing his stupid song.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Oh fuck me wtf did I just read? I just started the 3rd playthrough and can't get passed the opening 2B part. I'm only level 38 and need to level my weapons more cause I do no dmg to these bitches. I didn't do like any side quests in the second playthrough.

Honestly I'm not sure I like the design of this game.

Swing by the Resistance Camp and buy the Wave pod program if you can. It wrecks the swarms of small enemies that route C likes to throw at you. If you have more than one Pod you can hold LB to "charge" pod programs with 2-3 pods at once.

I assume I'm not supposed to be able to kill these gold robots yet

I have yet to understand why, but they seem to take damn near forever to kill.

In the Flooded zone I got in a fight with one that got stuck on the other side of the highway center divide after trying to fight him the regular way for maybe 7 or 8 minutes. I literally afk'd with my Pod's main gun depressed and I walked away (he was stuck trying to do his punches through the center divide). 15 minutes later he still wasn't dead. He did eventually die but by then I had vacuumed, swapped out a load of clothes, browsed ESPN and cleaned up my room while waiting.

They do leave behind Machine Heads. Don't know what those are for yet. Probably some rank 4 weapons of some sort.

Rainy

Banned
Finished Route A

I actually really liked the ending. Can't wait to see what the other ones have to offer.

I totally cheesed Eve. Just used my Gatling Gun for most of that second phase hah.

What's the name of the song that plays during the Ending A credits?

Speevy

Banned
Can someone answer my previous question about performance? Will it run?

The requirements list of Steam are generally useless to me because of the CPU I use.

AwShucks

Beat it, looks like I'll be moving to the story thread. Probably will do a certain side quest first so I don't spoil that. I really didn't want the game to end. A Nier remaster would be amazing but I'll probably be replaying sooner rather than later anyways.

Is anyone having trouble with
Sorting Trouble 3? I cleared all the enemies but the quest wont let me progress (there's an X through the O when I approach the resistance member).

ramyeon

Sorting Trouble 3? I cleared all the enemies but the quest wont let me progress (there's an X through the O when I approach the resistance member).
Make sure you take out any enemies that are hostile towards you in the area, even on the ground. Same thing happened to me.

SephLuis

You need to kill enemies nearby that area too. In my case, there was a robot in the ground that was aggressive, so I had to go there and take him out.

Finished Route A

I actually really liked the ending. Can't wait to see what the other ones have to offer.

I totally cheesed Eve. Just used my Gatling Gun for most of that second phase hah.

What's the name of the song that plays during the Ending A credits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srbj96AUUCs

I have a song related question as well...what's the name of Route A's whole opening stage? I can't find it for some reason.

Crayon

My finger hasn't felt like this since mario party 1.

A couple days ago, I moved my dash from R1 to circle because I was starting to have problems. I use controller on pc now because a lot of clicking strains my wrist. Usually not a problem on a controller but this game got me.

I'm close to buying the game but there's one confirmation I need.

I've heard there are several endings that need to be accomplished to get the full experience. Does this mean I have to replay the game over and over again, with the same sequences ? Or is it different each time ?

I'd like as little detail as possible if that's okay, as this is the only thing I've heard about the game since playing the demo. But I'm pretty awful at this kind of game, so replaying the same stuff would seriously hamper my enjoyment so I gotta know.

I've heard there are several endings that need to be accomplished to get the full experience. Does this mean I have to replay the game over and over again, with the same sequences ? Or is it different each time ?

I'd like as little detail as possible if that's okay, as this is the only thing I've heard about the game since playing the demo.
Mostly different.

I'd like as little detail as possible if that's okay, as this is the only thing I've heard about the game since playing the demo.

There are 3 main routes and 5 main endings. The second route is
50% replay, 50% new content
, the third route is
completely new

Mostly different.

There are 3 main routes and 5 main endings. The second route is
50% replay, 50% new content
, the third route is
completely new

Excellent, thank you. That's an order then.

Was also on the fence because the game is pretty pricey compared to your standard AAA here. It's about 15€ higher than Mass Effect for example. But I think this will be worth it.

OniBaka

Excellent, thank you. That's an order then.

Was also on the fence because the game is pretty pricey compared to your standard AAA here. It's about 15€ higher than Mass Effect for example. But I think this will be worth it.
The extra funds probably goes to taro's restaurant.

chekhonte

Are the other play-throughs better than the first from a story point of view? I found the main story to be really, really bland for a Taro game. I've played around a couple of hours of the second playthrough and I'm finding it just as bland. I'm loath to keep playing.

jonjonaug

Are the other play-throughs better than the first from a story point of view? I found the main story to be really, really bland for a Taro game. I've played around a couple of hours of the second playthrough and I'm finding it just as bland. I'm loath to keep playing.

Yeah.

LotusHD

Banned

Yes.

How far in does it take route B take until it gets significantly different from A? Aside from the intro and the
perspective
shift its been the same

I'm about to head to the
Amusement Park

Top Bottom