• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Razmos

The renewal dungeons have convinced me to come back and in starting to catch up.

I pulled Rinoa's ice chain soul break and I noticed the witch skills which have come out while I've been away.

Were these given out in any events that might come up in the renewal dungeons or should I just craft them myself?

Thanks!

So the FFRK friend code tracker moved: https://friends-ffrk.com/
It's in the external links on the reddit but a post was never made about the URL change as far as I can tell. Could have known a few days ago as I really wanted a specific and farily obscure RW and the old URL no longer works but still good to know it is still up and running (submit your info and it'll keep it up to date automatically).

We get 13 like before, but some of it comes on Sunday with the rest of the event.
To ruin the surprise
that part is some revenge battles from the Guy event hence why that event was skipped entirely in the renewal dungeons

edit:
Were these given out in any events that might come up in the renewal dungeons or should I just craft them myself?
The FFXI event (Women of the World) hands them out as rewards.

SOLDIER

Another 50 mythril, and like 20 banners up. Any recommendations where I should roll?

Was leaning toward the FFVI restoration one, since I don’t have any relics for any FFVI characters.

Tidd

Another 50 mythril, and like 20 banners up. Any recommendations where I should roll?

Was leaning toward the FFVI restoration one, since I don’t have any relics for any FFVI characters.

None. Wait and save for better Banners in a few weeks (FF X, FF TA, FF IX, FF XII)

SOLDIER

None. Wait and save for better Banners in a few weeks (FF X, FF TA, FF IX, FF XII)

In a few weeks I should have another 50 mythril. I still have a lot of restoration dungeons to play through, and my current party lineup is close to leveling their respective relics.

Tidd

In a few weeks I should have another 50 mythril. I still have a lot of restoration dungeons to play through, and my current party lineup is close to leveling their respective relics.

It's still better to pull twice or even more on a good banner than wasting mythril on some trash banners. But that's just my opinion. You're free to do what you want with your mythril but it's really hard to recommend some of these renewal banners just because they have so many SSBs that are just bad nowadays.

Keym

The restoration banners are outdated. Save that extra 50 mythril, you'll get 2 pulls for the newer, more powerful relics.

The renewal dungeons have convinced me to come back and in starting to catch up.

I pulled Rinoa's ice chain soul break and I noticed the witch skills which have come out while I've been away.

Thanks!

Welcome back. In jealous of your chain, I want them all.

SOLDIER

The restoration banners are outdated. Save that extra 50 mythril, you'll get 2 pulls for the newer, more powerful relics.

Fair enough. I’ll resist temptation for now.

Speaking of the restoration dungeons, I’m glad they finally gave us the definitive word regarding Rydia’s growth: https://imgur.com/a/CR7A2

I always thought that was the case, I’m just glad we finally got confirmation. Also, stop hitting on her Edge. I know she’s hot, but that ain’t right.

I like this being able to skip right to the bonus battles!

180 CM. Don't know how I would have kept up with healing if not for Enkidu. Firion and Gordon tossing out magic and physical blinks helped a ton too.

oubTBeG.jpg

220. BRING ASTRA. Oh my god, bring astra. Nothing more frustrating than a good run getting scuttled because your entire team falls asleep-- which can still happen anyway if you get unlucky, but I wouldn't even want to think about this fight without any source of status blink. Other than that, the thing to know is that the Red Soul has a ton more HP than the ogres. I brought all fire tech on Papalymo and after both ogres went down in the first few turns, the poor guy had nothing to do while Maria slowly whittled down the Red Soul's mountain of health.

Xetherion

Fair enough. I’ll resist temptation for now.

Speaking of the restoration dungeons, I’m glad they finally gave us the definitive word regarding Rydia’s growth: https://imgur.com/a/CR7A2

I always thought that was the case, I’m just glad we finally got confirmation. Also, stop hitting on her Edge. I know she’s hot, but that ain’t right.

I'm gonna say that lore from DeNA isn't canon, because that's just stupid. When time flows differently, that means that while only weeks/months pass in the regular FF4 world, years pass in the Feymarch. If Rydia spent years in the Feymarch physically growing to adulthood, there's no reason her mind wouldn't grow to adulthood during that time as well.

Yeah that is absurd. In game time just moves faster in the land of the summoned monsters, nothing more than that. No hgh injections to grow the body but not age the brain, that is just dumb.

Xetherion

Does anyone here use Nox, and if so have you had any problems with it lately? Today out of nowhere it started getting stuck at 99% while loading up, then would cause my pc to blue screen when it was closed.

I tried installing the newest version and that briefly worked, but whenever I had FFRK open it would freeze/stutter really hard whenever i clicked anything outside of FFRK, even other buttons in Nox itself. Then even the newest version wouldn't load and would crash my pc when it was closed. I eventually got around that problem by disabling hardware-assisted virtualization in my antivirus (which i'm not sure if that was a good idea... probably not), but FFRK is still freezing/stuttering hard whenever i click outside of it.

Been using Nox for months without any problems whatsoever, then suddenly this...

friz898

Hey Guys!

Been gone for 6 weeks, right after the Sept 4th Lucky Draw.

I've had very spotty internet. Enough to do some pulls, but not enough to do any Magicite dungeons (currently 15/15 and haven't done holy/dark yet), and not enough to participate in the Orbfest.

I did try to pull on almost everything, and I kept a list of what all I pulled. I kept the list of course for my own Excel sheet, but figured I'd share here. Out of all the pulls, I had 1 4/11 and 1 5/11. No 1/11's but I did go 2/30 on that special pull. I selected Fujin BSB and Rydia BSB as my two "select your reward" ones.

Here's the list of what I got, a few seem very nice!

(1) Matoya BSB (Good BSB and FF1 Synergy!)
(2) Gordon BSB (More FF2 Synergy!)
(3) Luneth SSB (Dagger)
(3) Luneth BSB (Been wanting)
(3) Luneth OSB (Suddenly Luneth Stacked)
(4) Ceodore BSB
(4) Rosa USB (hell Yes!)
(4) Pecil BSB (Dupe)
(4) Rydia BSB (enEarth!)
(5) Lenna BSB
(5) Gogo BSB
(6) Umaro SSB
(7) Tifa OSB
(7) Sephiroth OSB (Dupe)
(7) Cloud SSB (Dupe)
(8) Fujin BSB (Yes!)
(9) Steiner SSB (Dupe) (Got two of them)
(10) Rikku USB (Not sure if good?)
(10) Seymour BSB
(11) Shantotto BSB (Good BSB and FF11 Synergy!)
(11) Aphmau BSB (Not sure if Good, FF11 Synergy!)
(11) Ayame OSB (FF11 Synergy, had nothing till these 3 relics)
(12 Vaan BSB (Dupe)
(12) Balthier OSB
(13) Serah BSB (Wanted This, but not impressed?, got 2 of them)
(13) Nabaat BSB (2 of them)
(13) Cid Raines BSB (Finally got this, I guess never too late for Magicite Dungeon)
(13) Snow SSB
(14) Yda BSB
(14) Y'shtola BSB (Stacked on healing, but I should probably find a home for her)
(15) Iris SSB
(15) Noctis USB (Suppose to be good?)
(15) Gladiolus BSB
(15) Prompto Materia (I had nothing for FF15 until these 4 relics)
(Core) Tyro BSB (Dupe)

So this is two lucky draws, some 100 gem pulls, and 1 each on the fest pulls. It seems like Christmas (haven't leveled them up and started working them into my plans yet, again that whole internet thing), but I imagine, if you count back 6 weeks for all the regulars after a fest, most probably have a nice list like this.

I'm waaaaay behind on things, which sucks since I was just about right there with you guys, but I've missed out on about 20 or so magicite stones, and motes from events and raids. Slowly catching up since yesterday.

I do plan to go back and re-read the thread, mostly to learn the new info I've missed.

Glad to be back folks!

Lot of relics there, good job! Rosas usb is spectacular.

Off topic, I just want to take a minute now and say that I’ve really enjoyed this thread and it’s posters despite it causing me to spend money on this game. Lol. Good luck whatever happens...

Lot of relics there, good job! Rosas usb is spectacular.

Off topic, I just want to take a minute now and say that I’ve really enjoyed this thread and it’s posters despite it causing me to spend money on this game. Lol. Good luck whatever happens...

Ah MP pugs. There is something amusing doing the Ultimate Titan MP raid where the healer doesn't bring protectga (it's an all physical fight), the Edge SSB user doesn't have Mako might so uses it once two people are KOd, no boostga or hastega of any kind (there would have been no support either if was not for me) and you still win despite that. Though I have to take most the credit as I got to prove that Lightning USB is not called Army of One for nothing. I also got to see Orlando do 38k damage with Thunder god..."puny god".

In other news doing the weekly magicite missions today I managed to sub-1 minute Hydra twice (one of them was a close call at 59.3s) so feeling confident I can do this one consistently. Gives me something different to farm.

Speaking of farming, that 2 stamina FFIX dungeon (D99 "Alexandria Castle Dungeon" in "Spark Before the Fire") is back thanks to renewal dungeons. Given loading times you can easily spend hours here with a handful of stamina.

friz898

Rikku USB

Oh, I hate it when I don't see the obvious.

Does Protect Shell and 610 right? Let me look.. ah and Haste too, so I guess it's OK plus Pro/Shell. I'll have to figure out what I want to do with her.

It's kind of like Tyro's BSB in the sense of the utility of it, but I rarely-to-never use it.

Another problem I have with her (at least in limted testing with Magiciate) is that once she's done her USB, I have nearly-nothing for her to do.

I was the most stoked for Rosa USB, but she hasn't been a game changer just yet. Her USB has saved me, but not quite different than Penelo USB and Aerith USB "big insta heals" that I already have right?

I also need to fit Y'shtola in somewhere. I now haver her SSB, BSB, and USB. Isn't she the one with the 5star legend mote that does dual cast or something that everybody was raving about right before I vanished?

Fixing to try Holy Magicite for first time. First try going to be Cecil and Orlandeau with Ramza buffing.

Edit: LoL First try on Shadow Dragon was stomped. Think I'll try a 5-healer combination.

After being a day one player...I deleted the app. I hope there are some QoL improvements made at some point in the future. That might convince me to play FFRK again.

But for now, my poor thumbs can only take clicking through those same damn screens over and over for so long. Lol

Great the FFXII event gives me revenge on Vossler at last.

I however forgot it was one of those early events with weird medal conditions (I remembered the slow, I didn't remember the dispel or black magic) so 60 stamina down the drain.

MrDaravon

I just want to say this has been a really cool community and has been incredibly helpful. I wouldn't have even known about this game at all if not for GAF, and it got me to get me first tablet and smartphone just to play it!

Thank you.

Rubenov

Hi everyone, good to be back.

MVP email:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper MVP,

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty to our game!
Please check out the special gifts below.

・10 Major Orbs
・10 Major Growth Eggs
・1,000,000 Gil
・10 Giant Adamantite
・10 Giant Scarletite
・10 Rosetta Stones

These items will be sent within 48 hours directly to your Item Chest!
Please note that the type of Major Orbs may vary in the final sending, and that all gifts will be deleted from your account if you do not load the game within 30 days of receiving it.

In addition, we’d like to share with you the following exclusive information about upcoming events and updates:

---
■ FINAL FANTASY VIII Event Coming Soon
The Borrowed Dreams event will begin at 5:00 PM 10/26 PST (1:00 AM 10/27).
You’ll be able to recruit Laguna's comrades in arms, Kiros and Ward, in this event! This event also marks the debut of Laguna and Edea’s Ultra Soul Breaks.

Laguna’s Ultra Soul Break, Ragnarok Buster, lowers enemies’ ice resistance and reduces delay of the user's actions for one turn when using an ice attack. Using Ragnarok Buster with the soon-to-be-added 5★ machinist ability Frost Offering allows for multiple chances to reduce an enemy’s ice resistance.

Edea’s Ultra Soul Break, Astral Time, temporarily infuses the user with the power of ice and causes witch abilities to trigger twice, at the cost of two uses. Pair this with 5★ witch abilities, and you could deal some serious damage.

■ BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY Event Coming Soon
The first of the long-awaited BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY collaboration events is coming soon!

Defeat the monsters in music-themed dungeons to get Music Motes, which can be exchanged at the famed bard Nobbio’s Studio for a variety of valuable rewards! These motes can also be used to unlock BRA★BRA FINAL FANTASY music that you can listen to in the Studio.

You can also recruit FF IV’s Edward and FF VI’s Mog in this event.

As for Relics, Edward’s Ultra Soul Break, Hero’s Rime, raises the Magic and Mind of all allies a moderate amount, Resistance a small amount, grant them Haste, and reduces their offensive magic casting time for two turns. With this Soul Break and the cast-time reducing Allegro con Moto ability, Edward could become a staple for any magic party.

Mog’s Ultra Soul Break, Forest Nocturne, temporarily raises the Attack, Magic, and Mind of all allies. It stacks with other buff Soul Breaks and is easily adaptable to both physical and magic parties.

■ Keeper Mosaic Start Screen
As promised, the screenshot mosaic created by Keepers around the world for Prompto's Photo Contest will be featured on the game’s start screen for a limited time.

Duration:
12:00 AM 11/2 PST (8:00 AM 11/2 UTC) to 11:59 PM 11/7 PST (7:59 AM 11/8 UTC)

We will also post the names of the Keepers whose screenshots were chosen to be part of the mosaic piece.

You can visit the contest site here:http://ff30photocontest.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/

■ Halloween Event
Happy Halloween from FFRK!

In line with the festivities, the game will feature a start screen and specially arranged background music with a Halloween motif starting at 5:00 AM 10/25 PST (1:00 PM 10/25 UTC).

A login bonus will be also be available that includes eerie equipment for your heroes!

Furthermore, we’ll be hosting a Trick or Treat! campaign at 12:00 AM 10/29 PST (8:00 AM 10/30 UTC).

Search through the game to find the spooky signs of Halloween, and you’ll earn lots of valuable rewards. If you find all of the signs, you’ll be rewarded with the following items in your Items Chest:
- 8 Giant Adamantite
- 8 Giant Scarletite
- 5 Major Growth Eggs
- 10 Mythril
- 1,000,000 Gil

* Changes may be made without notice.
---

We sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

-------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper Support
ffrk-en-support@dena.com

I've been wondering about whether the renewal dungeons would burn folks out. Is that what got ya?

I didn't even play the renewals. After two years, I was just so tired of having to click so many times to clear every screen and do all the auto-battles for every single event over and over and over...it became more of a chore than something I actually enjoyed doing.

I've been playing another game, DC LEGENDS, that hast his feature called speed force. Essential you can either a) clear a level the old fashioned way by fighting or b) use a speed force to auto-clear any level you've already beaten. FFRK needs a feature like that so the players that have been there since Day 1 don't have to keep sitting through all the entry level battles and clearing the screen every time we get a greater orb.

Apparently an update soon is 4* items won't have special notification.

As for low end events. Well this current FFII event was fully unlocked from the start with the "bonus battles" being three stages from the previous FFII event (D99, U, U+) with new rewards. However you still have to do the low end auto battle chore for some mythril and characters.

There is a setting to have auto on by default which helps...well not on my tablet because the screen times out and it's low RAM makes it sluggish to then resume FFRK (as I've noticed in doing that 2 stamina FFIX stage :( )

I didn't even play the renewals. After two years, I was just so tired of having to click so many times to clear every screen and do all the auto-battles for every single event over and over and over...it became more of a chore than something I actually enjoyed doing.

I've been playing another game, DC LEGENDS, that hast his feature called speed force. Essential you can either a) clear a level the old fashioned way by fighting or b) use a speed force to auto-clear any level you've already beaten. FFRK needs a feature like that so the players that have been there since Day 1 don't have to keep sitting through all the entry level battles and clearing the screen every time we get a greater orb.

Yeah it gets tedious. Being able to skip to the final battles of this current event was fantastic. But I agree the early 10 stages are just a waste of time.

friz898

I guess this is as good a time as any to post gratitude for our little community here.

I didn’t want to go to Reddit, and if some of you didn’t see my post on GameFAQs FFRK, it was disastrous.

I know we had about 4-5 stop by over there.

Top Bottom