• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Celegus

Hmm nothing terribly exciting this month. Cool that Tidus is in the gacha but I won't be summoning cards without an event. I'm also more interested in Majin than berserker or rogue. And with any of the good cards for them being in EA, I wouldn't use them anyway.

I'm just gonna type my thoughts as I go through the calender:

-4.2! More Story! Chaos Vortex! I can actually max Wind Burst now! (also Rogue looks neat)

-New MP bosses are nice, but uh, how are we going to fight Anima? No dark tanks or supports and no classes have access to both light and dark. I pity those attempting the 3* version of this boss.

-Pupu. Okay.

-Again, cool that we're getting new bosses for MP, but we don't have much for it, although having both a light support and tank means that 3* is easier to do than Anima.

-Scorpion Tower? I think everyone is tired of these guys, thanks to the grinding required to max Jessie/Barret/Cloud.

I have enough magicite to clear out the job pool (six left), but I think of what's left I'm only really interested in Viking.

There's also no special card events this month, so maybe I'll just hoard and hope for another one of those crazy 5★ no dupes summons?

Kenai

Finally finished the event. Those last few battles were a SLOG. I knew there'd be another summon ticket at the end though, and I spent so long on some of those fights that i actually got into the top 5000 this late in the week for the first time ever.

I'm not sure what job i want to aim for/work on next. I have Dancer and Cloud at 8* and Scholar at 6*, which probably means I should level a breaker, but not sure who yet. my Assassin is 5* but it seems a bit too risky for me to play a job that squishy.

Maybe I will just sit on them til something more interesting comes along, whether a new job or card set. Wouldn't be the first time I did.

Razmos

I think I'm going to look back on the later parts of the FF7 event as the "Phoenix Down Cull of 2017"

Such bullshit fighting the Shinra soldiers and the shadows on hard mode lol

Caim

I have enough magicite to clear out the job pool (six left), but I think of what's left I'm only really interested in Viking.

There's also no special card events this month, so maybe I'll just hoard and hope for another one of those crazy 5★ no dupes summons?

Could always save til anniversary haha, but that's not until like the early summer.

2ECE45C40A6C2C8E0325A49CADE079CD1862A708

Going through 4.2 normally, and I'm definitely seeing some spots that can be easily abused for score. I wouldn't be too surprised if we start seeing more 100+ million scores.

Dinjoralo

So... how hard is Mako Reactor Mobius? I'm only at chapter 2, but I did the third part of Midgard pretty well... even if the soldiers in the first area of the final reactor whupped my ass.

Unlike the first 2 parts of the event, which had level scaling, the final reactor has a set difficulty. I'd say you shouldn't try it until you complete Chapter 4 prologue, since that'll give you the ability to job change. I'm eyeballing it though, since I don't know how difficult it is on normal.

Dinjoralo

Unlike the first 2 parts of the event, which had level scaling, the final reactor has a set difficulty. I'd say you shouldn't try it until you complete Chapter 4 prologue, since that'll give you the ability to job change. I'm eyeballing it though, since I don't know how difficult it is on normal.
Yeah, I knew about the level scaling. I'll just stop with the reactors for now and get back to the story, with all the cards I leveled just from playing through the event.

Could always save til anniversary haha, but that's not until like the early summer.
Not the worst idea, but since we're five months out for our anniversary, probably not ideal. I'll probably starting hoarding two months prior?

I think I'm going to splurge on Growstars now and max out the all of critical defense down cards available in the event. Not a sexy plan, but without any event cards on the horizon, I don't see any reason to play with the gacha at the moment.

Pejo

Got Rogue up to 7* and half of the skills unlocked. It seems really really strong to me. Lots of HP, great crit and speed. Good magic/break/attack. I use the Rikku 4* AoE skill and 2 single targets to cover the other two damage types, and I just rip through enemies.

The only real "meh" point is its ultimate, but that's easily forgiven.

I need to find out if there's any decent light cards though, right now I run the configuration without light since I don't have any for it.

I can't wait for Weds so I can finish maxing it out.

Caim

Got Rogue up to 7* and half of the skills unlocked. It seems really really strong to me. Lots of HP, great crit and speed. Good magic/break/attack. I use the Rikku 4* AoE skill and 2 single targets to cover the other two damage types, and I just rip through enemies.

The only real "meh" point is its ultimate, but that's easily forgiven.

I need to find out if there's any decent light cards though, right now I run the configuration without light since I don't have any for it.

I can't wait for Weds so I can finish maxing it out.

I just got Rogue the other day, I highly recommend Mateus, Deathgaze, Ultima sicarius (when she arrives to MP) and I guess Hermes or whatever your best support card is.

Pejo

I just got Rogue the other day, I highly recommend Mateus, Deathgaze, Ultima sicarius (when she arrives to MP) and I guess Hermes or whatever your best support card is.

Just finished him off to 8* today, and I saw light/dark cards just got added to the ability shop.

Right now I'm running ST Light card attack, Deathgaze, and single target fire attack, with YRP as support. Seems to be doing pretty well. I was sitting on a buttload of growstars, so I made everything 4*. Deathgaze really breaks groups super fast. With haste, most monster teams don't even get a turn.

Celegus

Animus is up, don't miss out on the summon ticket in the MP shop! Had a great group for my 3* clear as Knight, nobody had Aerith or Minwu but we all played smart and nobody died a single time.

Pejo

Lol, I'm already getting a lot of use out the "Luv U" sticker in Multiplayer. Thanks for the summon ticket reminder.

Caim

I'm kind of happy there isn't too much going on this month given Zelda (and soon to be Nier) is such a time hog.

Yeah I think it'll be awhile for our next event, I think we skipped Terra Battle and I think we'll end up skipping Puzzles and Dragons too.

FFRK and Pupu still need to come back and then the next big event is probably FFXII followed by XIII and 1st Anniversary.

Mknzy

So now that I'm almost completely caught up, I'm thinking of breaking into the multiplayer stuff for the first time. Was wondering if I could get some advice. Right now my main setup is to run the Soldier 1st Class job with 5* Dissidia Cloud (Earth, Cross Slash), 5* Sigfried (Ice, Ice Slash), and 5* FFRemake Could (Dark, Blade Beam) with 4* (Soma Drop). Sigfried is the only one without all the extra skills unlocked. Will this set up work for Anima? Or should I look into making changes?

Caim

So now that I'm almost completely caught up, I'm thinking of breaking into the multiplayer stuff for the first time. Was wondering if I could get some advice. Right now my main setup is to run the Soldier 1st Class job with 5* Dissidia Cloud (Earth, Cross Slash), 5* Sigfried (Ice, Ice Slash), and 5* FFRemake Could (Dark, Blade Beam) with 4* (Soma Drop). Sigfried is the only one without all the extra skills unlocked. Will this set up work for Anima? Or should I look into making changes?

I don't have Soldier 1st, but this job guide on it should help you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/5v64lu/job_guide_soldier_1st_class/

That sounds fine though, but I'd recommend replacing Siegfried with Ixion or Tempest eventually, they both have Crit Resist Down.

In the long term, I'd recommend not using Soma Drop. Most supports run Hermes and Drain isn't that great in Multiplayer. Instead, you should focus on abilities that increase your damage output, like Faith, Berserk, and situationally the -force abilities. Otherwise, you'll do fine! With your current set up, you should be able to take down the 1 and 2 star versions of Anima easily.

Hmm, but what does it mean? Google Translate only gets so far. Looks like free daily pulls, free login bonuses including Cindy and Regalia cards, but I can't make out the rest.

According to Reddit:
Two batches in total. This page for batch 1 cards details.

1 Free summon per day for 15 days.
2 Free card from login. (1 per batch)
FF15 themed MP stamps.
Double elixir recovery during event.

The two free cards are Regalia (Quick) and Cidney (Barrier + Haste with Cure HP gain)
Here's the bad news; Apparently the new cards are only obtainable through the greater summon and they are in the pool with the rest of the cards. Meaning you aren't guaranteed a FF15 card with the pull.

Celegus

Here's the bad news; Apparently the new cards are only obtainable through the greater summon and they are in the pool with the rest of the cards. Meaning you aren't guaranteed a FF15 card with the pull.

Yeah that's yucky... do we know if they're limited time only or added permanently to the card pool? I'm sure the supreme card is limited, not 100% sure on the rest. Don't think I like my chances on a big old maybe. Hopefully we'll get the english news tomorrow.

Caim

Noctis ultimate card is a Warrior card.

Skill: Phantom Sword
Dark elemental single target (multi-hit) + Mirage

Mirage is sacrificing HP to do more damage, but the closer you are to max HP when doing so the more damage you do.

Celegus

Yeah the lower cooldown will be great, seems like a really fun utility card!

Decided to do another summon because why not. Got 4* Exdeath (ST water mage crit res down), Aranae, Noctis!!!!! aaaaand Soldier 1st Class. Holy crap, best summon EVER! Well no ultimate card, but still my best by far.

Update: Got the 3 XV cards and Regalia maxed out, gosh my Paladin is a happy boy. Now the wait for Highwind begins!!

Pejo

Yeah the lower cooldown will be great, seems like a really fun utility card!

Decided to do another summon because why not. Got 4* Exdeath (ST water mage crit res down), Aranae, Noctis!!!!! aaaaand Soldier 1st Class. Holy crap, best summon EVER! Well no ultimate card, but still my best by far.

Update: Got the 3 XV cards and Regalia maxed out, gosh my Paladin is a happy boy. Now the wait for Highwind begins!!

Grats! That's a nice pull, damn.

I did one a few days ago and got 0 FFXV cards, but did get Ace Striker. Those premium jobs are so easy to max out. I was sitting on over 200 crystals, so that's huge relief over farming seeds. The only thing I really like about the job, though, is that it can use either Warrior or Mage cards. It's the perfect sub job companion to my Rogue.

Honestly, I don't think the new event cards are must-haves like FFRK. I think that's due to the inherent niche each card has right now and the fact that you aren't guaranteed to get any. I might change my mind when the next batch comes out.

Celegus

So hard to believe I was hemming and hawing about spending three tickets to get either of the FFRK sets. Insane value in hindsight, but since that was the first time we had limited cards, I thought they'd all be that good. I at least got the first pack with A&T/V&F, but sadly not the second for 4WoL and the fire/water taunts. Hopefully the second batch of XV isn't as tempting so I can build my hoard back up (though I do still have 33 tickets and 10k magicite)

Celegus

First pull on the new batch got me Iris, second was Unbreakable Bonds!!!! Was just hoping for Ardyn since I don't have a dark card yet for Cloud, but daaaaaang I'll take that instead! Sorry Ignis and Gladio, looks like I'm missing you bros.

Caim

Looks like Ignis, and Iris at 5* are almost ultimate tier since JP can already upgrade them.

These cards will last for a long time, basically future proof.

Celegus

I decided to rush the tower today, since I'll be busy later in the week. Kind of proud of getting so far with a pictologica card.

Nice! Interesting setup you have there. Hopefully you can stay in the top 500!

My Friend ID is 20aa d653 ef1f if anyone wants to try Unbreakable Bonds, got it maxed.

Celegus

Wooo, up to 90 kills! Running Paladin and Cloud, so that wind dragon is my biggest problem. Haven't hit too much of a wall yet, but it's starting to get tough. Wonder how many kills will be needed for top 500 (currently high 200s). The best I've ever done before this was like 2500, usually just try to get in the top 3000.

I think the top 500 cutoff will be somewhere between 90 to 110. I think anything past that point is going to require both jobs and cards that are above the power curve. I don't think there's a lot of people that play Mobius that is at that point right now, since the last major influx of players just started playing a month ago. While the top ten spots look pretty high, it's important to note that those people have the latest and greatest cards and have most certainly have whaled on the game or are extreme outliers in terms of power acquisition.

Kenai

I wanted Gladio kind of bad but no luck. No ignis either which would have been nice since I've been using Devout a lot lately. Blew all of my tix, had almost 20.

Did get the other two cards though.. And Tidus (don't care very much about that though).

Not sure I will ever use Iris since I'm not sure if I'll like any of the Monk jobs, but here's hoping since the card seems good.

Celegus

Whew, hopefully that's enough... up to 127 kills which puts me at rank 359 with about 24 hours to go. Definitely getting a lot better at the game than I used to be with keep track of buff/debuff expirations, when to break and job changing. Gets pretty intense! First time I ever tried for a high tower rank, but honestly probably won't again in the future. It's a lot of fun, but it sure does take a lot of time!

Finished with 93 kills. Felt pretty confident I would at least make it to the top 1000 since all I really wanted were the crystals and the reward is the same 1000 and up. It's going to be interesting going back to the previous tower bosses for the next tower given the massive power creep given by Aerith and FF15 cards.

New tower and an 8 hour bus ride tomorrow... good timing!
I have never tried to go very high in towers, but the Break +5% is EXTREMELY attractive to me as a multiplayer breaker; after a dozen 4★ green fractals I never got more than +3%.

I suppose that's ultimately a minor boost, but it would be nice to have a "perfect" Artemis.

Top Bottom