• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

I decided to last minute climb up the tower today, made it to forty-seven kills to secure a Top 3000 spot.

I'm just going to have to come to terms that any higher is out of my patience (and lack of supreme) level, early acceptance that I'll never get the eventual Break +10% custom panel coming up.

Celegus

Was out of town for most of the tower (again) so only managed 64 kills (rank ~1400). Under 1000 is 80 some which might be possible but just didn't have the time. I much prefer the towers that ramp up a lot quicker - hard to find the time to do this many circuits in just a week!

Looks like I will just barely hit the 20k magicite for the month too. Knew it was gonna take a lot, but I'm not sure I'll be hitting it every month. Still, it's much nicer to actually have a decent way to do more summons than we used to.

I kind of hope they'll increase the tower rankings to match the weekly ones where it's the top 1000 for the top slot instead of top 500. Then again, looking at the tower rankings, it looks like less than 50k participated, so maybe it would be too generous. Honestly, I'm a little peeved that scaling was toned down so much for this tower. I like it more when its ~150 kills for the top spots instead of 400+ this tower had. Makes each kill more meaningful.

Caim

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixUSA/status/903782970707861504

First "ultimate hero" job, Lightning coming with the Lightning event on September 5th.

This is a new type of job that allows you to use it on top of another job (Ranger in Lightning's case) which means you get their Ultimate plus the Auto-Abilities.

Also getting 3 summon tickets from PAX.

http://information.mobiusfinalfanta...f0ec51c24f9ffe6977c583168dc6d650b18d773f.html

September Calendar

The new supreme card will be Ragnarok which is coming in Batch 2.

Celegus

Here's hoping for some better luck this month! Looks like lots of good stuff! Already back up to 14k magicite and 21 tickets after going broke on both anniversary banners. Been real generous with the resources so I can't complain!

I got brutally abused trying (and failing) to get Zidane (cash was involved), so I'm kind of in hoarding mode until probably Christmas or later.

I don't regret spending a little, but the number of pulls I did left me with very little to pull for for a long time; I have every regular job, I have nearly every shop card (including early access) and I prooobably don't need too many more Growstars at this point.

On the other hand, the new Booster Banner format is really nice, new cards popping at 4★ is a ginormous boon. So a combination of really good new cards with decent event cards could pull some resources from me, but the XIII event doesn't look like super hot in that regard (too many 4★+ cards).

Celegus

I'm definitely done chasing legend jobs after this month too. I'll go for some of the better looking XIII cards, but gonna stop once I get them and not waste my stuff in the slim chances of a legend job / supreme. Definitely interested in the Snow monk card as I've taken quite a liking to monks. Even with that I should be able to hang onto quite a lot for the future, that 20k magicite really helps!

Caim

Got the Ultimate Hero, but no legend jobs after 7 GAS.

Hoping to get Noel in batch 2 so I can attach Lightning to it.

Celegus

Just did 3 and got the Serah, Snow and Hope cards so that's pretty sweet. Not pushing my luck any further trying for the new jobs.

Did 2 summons and got the Serah and Snow cards, which were the exact two I wanted! Even though I really want the Hope job, I'm going to have to wait and just put my tickets into the next batch. Sazh in particular is really appealing to me.

The event itself is neat, though it seems a bit too much like FF7r's map design and I don't like the paradigm system. Mobius doesn't need another "class change" system.

Yeah, I maxed out like 7 different abilities yesterday. The Level 2 drops and fusion chance increase exponentially increase the speed of grinding.

...I also spent half of it trying to get a ton of Wind Fractals for the Lightning freebie card so I could have 3 Haste Starters. Turns out, there is no Haste Starter fractal ability. -_-

I just crystal farmed for the most part, since I burned through a couple hundred last month.

I think I have enough to max every job I have left and still have a huge buffer for weapon mods.

That's the spirit!

Now that you've expressed some disappointment, the game will reward you with Lightning
with Ramuh, the mage wind CDD!

Caim

Took five pulls to get Sazh >.<

I also got the Noel job, though atm, I don't think it's very good.

He's a pretty good breaker, with unfortunately very low magic, and pairs very well Serah (if you have her) due to Ultimate charge.

His weapon isn't worth boosting either.

WarAdept

I got the Hope Job in banner 1, which I really really like. Consolation prize for not getting Zidane from Anni I guess.

Got the Hope, Snow and Serah cards as well, although it took all 6 GAS pulls to get them.

I want Vanille and Sazh as well, but out of tickets :(

WarAdept

Oh fuck! My very first rainbow as a day 1 player!

Please be Ragnarok, please be Ragnarok, please be...

RCvbTpxl.jpg

GOD

FUCKING

DAMMIT

eiOJrELl.jpg

I mean, unless you really hate Lightning, I fail to see how that's a bad pull. In fact, I'd argue it is a much better pull than Ragnarok unless you really like Thief or Rogue. Ragnarok function-wise can be replaced with FF13 Atomos where-as Lightning is unique and can be used anywhere whenever you'd use a Ranger*.

*I'm under the impression that the Hall of Fame buffs carry over when you use Lightning. If they don't, I still think she'll be really good and still better than Ragnarok though not by as huge of an amount.

Caim

I mean, unless you really hate Lightning, I fail to see how that's a bad pull. In fact, I'd argue it is a much better pull than Ragnarok unless you really like Thief or Rogue. Ragnarok function-wise can be replaced with FF13 Atomos where-as Lightning is unique and can be used anywhere whenever you'd use a Ranger*.

*I'm under the impression that the Hall of Fame buffs carry over when you use Lightning. If they don't, I still think she'll be really good and still better than Ragnarok though not by as huge of an amount.

They do, there are no negatives to using an Ultimate Hero unless you really don't like the skin.

It's just their stuff + unique Ultimate applied to the class it's equipped to.

Caim

FFX collaboration event announced at TGS for JP.

The title is called Dream Within A Dream and it has to do with Tidus coming to Palamecia.

I'm guessing he might be getting an Ultimate Hero and there was also teasing of a Yuna job.

Depends... how many supremes do you have? Hitting top 500 is super hard, really wish they'd increase it or make it a percentage at least.
No supremes.

I do have the Squall job and both Cold Blood and Sword of the Wise, which I am assuming would be pretty good against Lightning.

I just passed thirty-six tickets, so I may be willing to splurge to get the current stock of multi-hit event cards if they're key (although two of them are fire, which doesn't seem very useful).

Spent a good portion of yesterday going up the tower for fodder and I managed to get up to 59 in one sitting. As someone who usually likes the towers, I really don't like this one. There is way too much of a reliance on paradigms, which means you must use multistrike abilities in order to deal damage and you must use sentinel to even survive basic attacks from enemies. Don't even get me started on the need to cheese Lightning in order to win.

Celegus

I'm having fun with it, but once again don't have the time to keep pushing. Hovering around rank 1000 right now so I should be able to hit that at least, 500 is just madness. Paradigms are gimmicky but it's a neat change of pace, allowing you to skip bringing certain buffs and figuring out when to switch without running out of charges. UB obviously putting in work against Lightning, but I've mostly been using KoE for the first 2 fights as a tanky breaker and Noctis to kill. UB is too risky to use during the first fight since one cast even at full HP without wall is auto-kill from the sicarius attack round 2, and it doesn't get the armiger bonus with wall up. Snow job seems like it would be amazing, my Hermit gets killed too easily if I can't break every turn.

Sigh, why did it have to be THIS tower that had the Break Power cards?

I made Top 3000 last time, not sure I have the energy this time since I'm up on that Terra Battle 2 now.

Celegus

Currently at 81 kills which puts me rank ~800. Could go higher but the next breakpoint currently is 111 kills which is kinda crazy so I'm happy with top 1000.

Excited to see what's coming in October!

A slime draws near! Command?

Hopefully, but we already got the cards that were going to be released during the Dragon Quest event as a normal batch, so it might not happen. Of course, they could just go crazy with global and give us the FF10 collab event Japan is getting this month like they did with the FF14 boss.

I'm at thirty-six kills, aiming for forty. I'm definitely starting to squeeze through, but I think one more loop is possible.

Gonna wait until beer time before I make the final rush.

Hopefully, but we already got the cards that were going to be released during the Dragon Quest event as a normal batch, so it might not happen. Of course, they could just go crazy with global and give us the FF10 collab event Japan is getting this month like they did with the FF14 boss.
There's still the big batch of Dragon Quest event cards (that actually use Dragon Quest art), Legend Jobs, etc.

Granted, getting the regular cards off-event is not a great sign, but there's nothing preventing them from doing the collaboration THEY ARE BOTH SQUARE-ENIX GAMES.

Granted, getting the regular cards off-event is not a great sign, but there's nothing preventing them from doing the collaboration THEY ARE BOTH SQUARE-ENIX GAMES.

You would think, but let's not forget that Square didn't localize any of the 3DS games, the multiple versions of X, and they haven't a peep on the localization of XI other than it happening... Then again, we did get the pictologica cards, so I don't know.

You would think, but let's not forget that Square didn't localize any of the 3DS games, the multiple versions of X, and they haven't a peep on the localization of XI other than it happening... Then again, we did get the pictologica cards, so I don't know.
It's apparently one of the bigger events (on par with the VII and XIII ones), I can't imagine them wasting that.

I guess we'll know more tomorrow.

Caim

The collab was specifically Dragon Quest of the Stars which is a mobile game in Japan that also had a Mobius collab.

I would be very surprised if we got the event, but it would be nice to get the jobs and cards regardless.

For a freebie, the Meia job isn't too bad barring the lack of a speed star. It's amusing that they split the chapter in half and stretching the hall of fame content...

It's going to be a slooooooow month.

Celegus

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a surprise partway through the month, but if not, just gonna hoard up for the next event. Meia doesn't really interest me so I can skip her jobs for now. She has awesome music though!

I'm having a blast in multiplayer this week, mostly based on the bizarre setup I attempted (which ended up working great).

Since Anniversary I've been heavily focusing on en-element breaking EXCEPT for when there's a dark boss (because I got every anniversary job except the one I wanted, even with an extra thirty pulls after getting the others, but that's a story for a rage incident). Mythic Ninja is my jam, so I thought, if I can get an ultimate in time for the second boss I'll have prism orbs so I can Enshine. AND IT WORKS. Wonderfully. And his ultimate adds Break, so if I bring Trance I can go first on the second round and break all three WITHOUT cleave.

I only know what that is because of Record Keeper.

I wonder if they'll ever do a big-scale event in Mobius with a retro Final Fantasy; probably not.

Caim

Finished the Hall of Fame for the jobs available so far.

The last three stages for each one, especially on Warrior are really tough.

https://altema.jp/ffmobius/holeoffame-20273

Has deck recommendations for the fights and most of the cards used are ones we already have including the XIII cards we just got.

Even though its in japanese you can use Google Translate to get by just fine.

EDIT: Looks like the Mobius reddit has guides now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/wiki/index

Celegus

I've only done the first 6 stages for each class, those last 3 look terrifying and I'm way too sick to be messing with hard stuff like that.

In better news my Dragoon Spear finally got quick break at 31 mods. And that Auron looks so awesome!

Celegus

Hmm yeah looks like a slow month after all. Even despite going completely broke for Squall, I pulled a bunch on XIII and have enough for 20 more GAS already. And finally hit rank 71 in mp, which gives 100 stamina so I can do 4* twice to clear it out real quick.

It's kind of hard to be excited to play this month given there isn't much to pull for if you don't want the Meia jobs and the Japanese version gets a nice and shiny collab event. I actually did want the Esmeralda job, so I saved my tickets for it and got... Berserker... Oh well, at least it's not a bad job to pull.

Edit: I do find it funny how dramatic some on the Gaming side are being about the FFX collab being a "missing link" in the story... So this month isn't a complete loss.

I just did a single summon to get the free stamp and got Esmeralda and Bark Spirit (which came with a glasses accessory), nice score.

I might do a couple more pulls, would like some more of the Meia area cards and Fauviste's weapon.

Top Bottom