• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Celegus

Heh, got Bismarck and Alexander in one summon on the new event banner. There was even a light taunt in there, Paladin redeemed!

I got Monk, Light Taunt at 5★ and Earth Fist at 4★, seems to be a theme, eh?

I've already fused and banked everything needed from Inferno Arena to max out the light and dark area critical down cards, so back to burning stamina in the Lagoon (for now).

ANNIVERSARY HOARDING UPDATE!! 57 Summon Tickets, 12198 Magicite.

I've been playing, but July was not a great month for the game. They actually announced some things on a stream that seems like a last hope for the game.

Copy Pasta from Reddit:

Info from stream:

Magicite farming, distiller remains.
Daily login reward increased
Card storage increased
Mobius day bonus increased - stamina refilled on day change and max stamina increased by 88, dropped cards are ability lvl2, Pleiades lagoon completely open
Battle tower reward increased
Gigantuar Terrace updated - Same as JP, can choose which gigantaur you fight.
Extra skills unlock made easier
Weapon boosting time from stamina increased
Weapon slot increased by 2
Price of mobius gift box reduced to 1500, content remains the same.
4 star egg cards can be bought in shop
Supreme added permanently to summon gradually in same order as original release
Certain cards removed from summon pool
Summon banners changes - New option 1 card for 1 ticket. GAS guaranteed new card will be summoned at max.

Events

Mobius Anniversary summon - Guarunteed 5 star
FF 30th Anniversary summon - 1 free per day for 30 days. Chance for supreme.
Bunch of free stuff for login
Magicite discount - same as last time, extra magicite for same price.
4 legend jobs added
FF14 and FF15 reprint

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My God, that's a lot of stuff.

It kinda feels like the game's already winding down, though. Even Record Keeper will probably outlast it :(

Record Keeper feels pretty awful now; maybe it always was? I dunno.

Anyway, with all the stuff they're adding to sync Mobius Global to Japan, the big thing I'm worried about is the possibility of removing Growstars from the shop. I hope we'd get a warning if they decide to go that route to balance the changes in magicite economy.

Celegus

I've still been at it, though there are a lot of days where I just grab the magicite for the day and don't really do anything else. The past month or so has been pretty slow in terms of interesting content. I threw 3 GAS to hit my pity job pull hoping for Highwind (or Yiazmat) but no dice there. Anniversary stuff looks fantastic, definitely looking forward to all of that!

I actually greatly prefer the more relaxed pace of Mobius content; having to do an event (or more) every week is one of the reasons I started getting turned off on Record Keeper.

Celegus

With ya there! I never played RK but I play Brave Exvius super obsessively. I wouldn't be able to keep up with two games that much, so I do like the fact that I can play as little or as much as I feel like.

Looks like I'll probably sneak into the top 1000 this event. Ending in 30 minutes, rank 957 currently. Ultima nodes were easy, but I don't have a good setup to deal with the Judge battles.

My hoarding total ended up at 79 Summon Tickets and 16,408 Magicite.

And my one regret during the hoarding, missing the XV cards, is coming back as part of a much leaner summon pool, so that's delicious.

Actually, make that 11,008 Magicite, I went ahead and bought a 4x Growstar pack, just in case.

Celegus

Wow that's quite the stash! Looks like I'm at 36 tickets and a hair under 21k magicite. I did get a bunch of stuff from XV, XIV, and even Ashe from XII though, as well as the small chase for Highwind. As long as the drop rates for magicite aren't total trash, I should be fine to hit the 20k limit per month since I can auto through stuff at work pretty often.

If I did the time zone thing right, I think maintenance is tonight at 4am - 11am EST.

Is this maintenance period actually actually longer than before? I know it's always been done by the time I wake up (~6:00 AM CST) in the past, but yeah, the posted time is way beyond that.

I don't have a good chance to do anything at work these days, even just running auto battles, so I'll probably be sitting on a bit of stamina tomorrow.

I think they made it an hour longer, though that's understandable since they are changing quite a bit.

I noticed that they are removing the 3* and 4* single card summons in addition to the job summon. I'm guessing they're leaving us with the single card pull and the six card pull, which kind of bums me out; I have been using nothing but the 4* pull for the last five or so pulls.

Celegus

Hm, I've never used the 3* or 4* summon ever so I don't mind. Always felt useless to me since I only ever went after event cards anyway which are typically tied to GAS. That and with the new job system being GAS only made it a no brainer. I play warriors pretty exclusively, so a random 4* card for a class I don't use isn't very exciting.

I really hope the rate-up for Squall is decent, gonna dump everything I have chasing him. I got most of the good stuff from XV/XIV and without an actual rate-up on those cards, I'm gonna pass. Luna, Odin and Garuda would be great to have but I don't like my chances one bit.

I'm definitely conflicted; the guaranteed 5★ pull is always lovely, but the XIV and XV cards are super good and limited.

OF COURSE ZIDANE JOB COMES OUT IN BATCH 2 AND I NEED IT.

Then again, I have a ridiculous amount of resources and was planning to buy some magicite too.. so I guess I can aggressively pull on everything, haha.

Celegus

Zidane looks awesome too, I've heard really good things about his weapon if you play rangers a lot. I'll see what I have left over once Squall hits. Seems like as good a time as any to go a little crazy with the hoard, especially since we can get so much more free magicite now. Looks like hitting 20k won't be a cakewalk, but I'm glad there's something to work towards. The game was feeling weird that everything was turning more gacha, but they didn't give you enough to regularly try your luck in the gacha.

WarAdept

My God, that's a lot of stuff.

It kinda feels like the game's already winding down, though. Even Record Keeper will probably outlast it :(

?

RK has had its 2nd Anniversary earlier in the year with the JP client approaching its 3rd anniversary. It's also slated to getting new single player content around the 3rd anniversary in Japan as well, so I don't think that game is going to give anytime soon.

BE will stick around for a while. The whales are crazy in that game. People go nuts for anime I guess.

I'm super happy with Mobius relaxed progression. Makes it feel less like a job of playing it every day to stay near the power creep.

Of course I play all 3. RIP me.

All my tickets are going to banner 2 for a chance at Zidane.

Yeah, it seems like they massively reduced the drop rate of legend jobs after the FF7 event. The odds seem only a little better than supremes.

Dinjoralo

I can't wait to dig into the Anniversary content. Might even buy some magicite for once, heh. (With some Google Opinion Rewards credit, obvs)

Celegus

Yeah, it seems like they massively reduced the drop rate of legend jobs after the FF7 event. The odds seem only a little better than supremes.

Yeah Cloud was dropping left and right for people. Rates have absolutely been changed since. Scrounged up enough magicite today for one more try, nada. I had 10 magicite and 0 tickets to my name lol. Should have enough to try once or twice more, but Squall has been my goal since pretty much day one. Freaking Tonberry joke job.

This event just made me a little nostalgic. Near the beginning of the game, I would use two of the ranger fast learners to apply one turn of slow and stun and I thought that was ridiculous. Now a year later, I use both Slowga and Ashe and I give 3 turns of slow, stun, and unguard to all enemies. What a power creep.

My free Greater Summon could not have possibly been worse.

I have like six months of potentially new cards to pull from and I still drew five dupes; the only new card was a main-target focus card.

Rixa

Thanks to Celegus, I read that there is anni going on.

Literally rerolled 1½ days doing freebie multi and boosted multi by 6 tix. I lost the count but as it is very easy to reroll I made way over 50 rerolls. So much trash pulls and in those tries I got Job card 3 times. I didnt have clue what job I should aim for. Nor my knowledge from Mobius is very small.

Mythic Knight on first rr.
-> Read that its ok, but I can do better.

Few hours later Fire Mage
-> Read that its not good.

Next day (Friday( I got first time 7 cards + job card in boosted multi. I was wtf you can get 8 cards from multi. Balamb Mercenary, wtf is this?
-> Opens Reddit, "Oh shit, I start with this account".

Been using summon tix to boosted multi pulls so that count is down to 4x. I still have those starter packs to get and got my first Mobius Gift Box, also cleared Anniversary first event + Chocobo Garden. Lvl 23 and kinda lost here :D. Today my daily freebie pull gave Mythic Knight job.

Haven't touched multiplayer yeat at all, nor I havent downloaded steam version.

WarAdept

Thanks to Celegus, I read that there is anni going on.

Literally rerolled 1½ days doing freebie multi and boosted multi by 6 tix. I lost the count but as it is very easy to reroll I made way over 50 rerolls. So much trash pulls and in those tries I got Job card 3 times. I didnt have clue what job I should aim for. Nor my knowledge from Mobius is very small.

Mythic Knight on first rr.
-> Read that its ok, but I can do better.

Few hours later Fire Mage
-> Read that its not good.

Next day (Friday( I got first time 7 cards + job card in boosted multi. I was wtf you can get 8 cards from multi. Balamb Mercenary, wtf is this?
-> Opens Reddit, "Oh shit, I start with this account".

Been using summon tix to boosted multi pulls so that count is down to 4x. I still have those starter packs to get and got my first Mobius Gift Box, also cleared Anniversary first event + Chocobo Garden. Lvl 23 and kinda lost here :D. Today my daily freebie pull gave Mythic Knight job.

Haven't touched multiplayer yeat at all, nor I havent downloaded steam version.

You should pull on the Starter Pack banner. It gives a total of 3 fully maxed out jobs (Dragoon, Scholar, Dancer) and future proof AoE cards.

Can only pull 3 times on it, but for 9 tickets, 3 fully maxed jobs is an absolute steal.

Don't reroll for jobs.

Reroll for the Aerith supreme card. Having it with weak jobs is way better than not having it with strong jobs. It's easily the best card in the game.

Rixa

You should pull on the Starter Pack banner. It gives a total of 3 fully maxed out jobs (Dragoon, Scholar, Dancer) and future proof AoE cards.

Can only pull 3 times on it, but for 9 tickets, 3 fully maxed jobs is an absolute steal.
Yeah that is the plan and will do those next.

I was about to play this but its so complaicated to start :S

I want to reroll, but reroll for what job lol

Don't reroll for jobs.

Reroll for the Aerith supreme card. Having it with weak jobs is way better than not having it with strong jobs. It's easily the best card in the game.

Yeah be prepared to reroll like gazilliion times. I didnt see single supreme cards on my intense reroll sessions.

Celegus

Supremes really are insanely rare but honestly do completely break the game. I was so thrilled to land UB, which is why I've been trying so hard to get Highwind or Squall and finally put it to good use. Looks like I'll probably be able to get enough resources to pull 6 times on the second anniversary banner and if nothing else, get Highwind from the pity pull.

The game really is a lot to take in at first for a newbie, but it does make sense and I find it quite enjoyable if you put in the time to learn all the systems. Biggest tip I can think of is to not waste growstars as they're quite limited. Feel free to check with us on what to use them on or post what cards you've ended up with if you're feeling lost.

Rixa

Yeah here Iam and havequestion about:
Seed farming & getting Painja more levels :p
Eventually getting CoD to 5*. Rest of deck cards are max pulled cards, CoD wasn't.

Deck.PNG
CoD.PNG
Cards.PNG

I banked some of those Mobius anni 3* cards and some of them I hae used as xp fodder.

CGwizz

Let me ask this, i am rerolling from the starter packs , its here that you summon first right, i get to summon 2 but i keep getting the same ones over and over, maibe i am summoning in the wrong place :S

Rixa

Let me ask this, i am rerolling from the starter packs , its here that you summon first right, i get to summon 2 but i keep getting the same ones over and over, maibe i am summoning in the wrong place :S

No dont reroll starter packs.

Reroll:

Free Greater summon and either that boosted greater summoning (which costs 6 summoning tix, you should have 6 when you claim all from inbox unless you are lucky and pull Growstar instead tix). Or that guaranteed 5* Greater banner (cost is 6 tix).

Someone can say which one is better to reroll now. Also remember to pull that daily free summon (one card + possible job).

CGwizz

No dont reroll starter packs.

Reroll:

Free Greater summon and either that boosted greater summoning (which costs 6 summoning tix, you should have 6 when you claim all from inbox unless you are lucky and pull Growstar instead tix). Or that guaranteed 5* Greater banner (cost is 6 tix).

Someone can say which one is better to reroll now. Also remember to pull that daily free summon (one card + possible job).

I am summoning from the banner that have Squall now. I am tired already, after like 20 rerolls xD

Celegus

Yeah here Iam and havequestion about:
Seed farming & getting Painja more levels :p
Eventually getting CoD to 5*. Rest of deck cards are max pulled cards, CoD wasn't.

I banked some of those Mobius anni 3* cards and some of them I hae used as xp fodder.

Sadly Squall job isn't able to use mage cards effectively however. The little staff icon at the bottom right indicates that it's a mage card (Warrior is a sword), so you're not actually getting too much out of it on him. Most cards don't get break damage limit until they're 4* though, so while something like Bahamut would be better for Squall it's not particularly great until you have the 9999+ skill unlocked. If you happened to pull Occultist, you've got the makings of a great deck for him since it looks like most of your 4* cards are for mages.

I think the free greater summon is over now for rerolling? If you are gonna try rerolling I'd say the XIV/XV revival banner is a better choice because almost all of those special cards are insanely good and very future proof, like mini-supremes.

Rixa

Sadly Squall job isn't able to use mage cards effectively however. The little staff icon at the bottom right indicates that it's a mage card (Warrior is a sword), so you're not actually getting too much out of it on him. .

Yup, only few times I saw +9999 damage twice it was yellow +56000 damage.

How would Mythic Sage go with those cards? Or is MS more like healer class? I pulled that today in freebie daily pull.

Then I did one of those Job (3 tix) pulls and got Scholar.

Since my free pulls have, thus far, been very discouraging, I decided to fully dump into the Mobius Banner since it has a guaranteed new card. The last time they did that (New Year's), I pulled all eight times and thought it was a good use of my resources (and that version was a single card pull). So yeah, I'm going with this and will flip a coin on if I want to touch the Revival Banner since that one is pure gambling.

Also, the only real duds left in the summon pool are the main-target focus and monk single-target cards.

First pull gave me...... a main-target focus card. Ayup. BUT it also had a 4★ Knights of the Round, which even though it's in the Ability Shop now, made the sting much less. And I got a monk area-target as well (they're supposed to be nice). All in all, one less turd in the guarantee pool, I guess.

Second pull gave me Warrior Trance!! Now we're talking. Some dupes, another monk-area target and Mage Trace!! Mage Trance was immediately Growstared (would've done that anyway, but let's quickly get it out of the guarantee pool).

So, decent enough so far, maybe?

I'm going to pull the rest tonight when I'll be hanging with a Mobius friend over beers.

WarAdept

How would Mythic Sage go with those cards? Or is MS more like healer class? I pulled that today in freebie daily pull.

Mythic Sage is an attacker in MP. High damage, super squishy. Exceptional Mage weapon for DPS.

Fire/Water/Light orbs IIRC. Probably also the premiere user of the Minwu Supreme card (Ultima)

Celegus

Wow, that's pretty dang lucky to grab another legend job! Mythic Sage is a glass cannon though, definitely not a healer. Since he uses wind/fire/earth, so Ashura/The Unscathed/Sylph are good damage cards. The yeti aoe slow is good too, but you'd also want at least one support card - Palamecian Tale is good enough for now. With the cards you showed now, I'd stick more with Sage until you get some better warrior cards for Squall. Eternity Staff and Gunblade are two fantastic weapons to start boosting.

Good luck Pixy! I actually got The Undying on my free summon yesterday, first non-3* dupe. Growstar'd the heck out of it, such a good combo with KotR.

Dinjoralo

I'm hoping the Anniversary tome cards are included in the second part of the anniversary event. I kinda got a ton I couldn't use and just sold them away, but now I've got an offensive anniversary card that wasn't max-boosted. DX

Ken

updating this on steam takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i pulled a highwind from the grand supreme summon thingie on my phone

I'm hoping the Anniversary tome cards are included in the second part of the anniversary event. I kinda got a ton I couldn't use and just sold them away, but now I've got an offensive anniversary card that wasn't max-boosted. DX

If you're talking about the Defense ones, they're going to be in the MP card pool for the entire month. If you're talking about the Offense ones, the first part doesn't go away until mid-September, so you should be fine either way.

Rixa

Wow, that's pretty dang lucky to grab another legend job! Mythic Sage is a glass cannon though, definitely not a healer. Since he uses wind/fire/earth, so Ashura/The Unscathed/Sylph are good damage cards. The yeti aoe slow is good too, but you'd also want at least one support card - Palamecian Tale is good enough for now. With the cards you showed now, I'd stick more with Sage until you get some better warrior cards for Squall. Eternity Staff and Gunblade are two fantastic weapons to start boosting.

Good luck Pixy! I actually got The Undying on my free summon yesterday, first non-3* dupe. Growstar'd the heck out of it, such a good combo with KotR.

I figured I test with that maxed job Scholar and its Academic job version. Works ok (better than Balamb Mercenary with the cards I have). Since MSage is not leveled dunno if I want to pour resources to it at this point (when I can use maxed job that does the work). I guess I need to test Mythic Sage too, almost opened Skill Panel 2 tab fully (1 to go).

I got Mythic Knight day earlier and yesterday it was Mythic Sages turn, both these jobs came freebie single daily pull (card + job card).

Caim

i keep getting squall from the greater boosted summon thing rerolling. no way to get judge magister?

The way Boosted works is that after pulling Squall and Tonberry then you can pull the rest of the legend jobs at their normal rates.

The other two Greater Summon banners will let you summon any legend job regardless.

Top Bottom