• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 worst games ever created by franchised games (cracked.com)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
http://www.cracked.com/article_18352_the-6-worst-games-ever-farted-out-by-beloved-franchises.html

funny article about the worst franchise games
List is
#6. Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game (1995)
#5. Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (1994)
#4. Mega Man Soccer (1994)
#3. Donkey Jr. Math (1985)
#2. Mario is Missing! (1992)
#1.The Legend of Zelda Phillips CD-i series (1993-1994)

in the spirit of this article, name any bad franchise games you know of?

mine Virtua Fighter 2 for the MegaDrive

2cyjnmx.jpg

I have a blowed mind

Ridley327

I noticed that they didn't have any Sonic games on here.

Also, even though Mega Man Soccer is a genuinely unfinished game, it's still not nearly as foul as X7.

Red

Ridley327 said:
I noticed that they didn't have any Sonic games on here.

Also, even though Mega Man Soccer is a genuinely unfinished game, it's still not nearly as foul as X7.
Wouldn't that series basically fill up the whole list?

Jme

jman2050 said:
No no no no no no no no NO

This article sucks.

I know I'm not the only one who loves this game :/

You are not alone.

Also Megaman Soccer is a perfectly fine game.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm shocked that nobody's "cleverly" said, "Where's Twilight Princess / Halo 2 / NSMB / GTA4 / other good game that they just want to troll?" yet.

Devil May Cry 2
Assassin's Creed 1
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (hate you guys, i like it)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
King of Fighter XII (damnit SNK)
Perfect Dark Zero (PD XBLA will redeem this)

jman2050

SexyNerd said:
I loved pissing off Pac-Man in that game! :lol

I'd post a death montage but half of the fun in that game is discovering the several thousand ways in which to die on your own.

jman2050 said:

This article sucks.

I only played it as a rental, but the concept of not directly controlling the main character but influencing him and his surroundings was really interesting. It just would've worked better as a mouse or pointer game than with a standard gamepad.

daemonic

Banned
I think I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Mario is Missing SNES. Was nothing compared to the other Mario games, but I remember having a lot of fun learning about world landmarks.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
JoshuaJSlone said:
I only played it as a rental, but the concept of not directly controlling the main character but influencing him and his surroundings was really interesting. It just would've worked better as a mouse or pointer game than with a standard gamepad.

I'd love a sequel on the Wii. Maybe a WiiWare release?

Beaten, but I have to say it anyway: how is Sonic not the entire list? How is Sonic not on there at all? This list is more like "Weird games in franchises" (that are also mostly bad).

BiggNife

As others have said, Pac-Man 2 really isn't a bad game. It's certainly weird as as all hell, and it was kind of dirty of Namco to trick kids into buying a game that is absolutely nothing like the previous installments in the series. But once I got past the initial disappointment of realizing the game was absolutely nothing like I expected it to be, I had some fun with it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, I thought I was the only one that adored Pac man 2...

Mr. Hyde

demonix69 said:
I think I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Mario is Missing SNES. Was nothing compared to the other Mario games, but I remember having a lot of fun learning about world landmarks.

I remember renting it. I played it all evening while munching on Little Caesers pizza. Mm, good times.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
jman2050 said:

This article sucks.

You're not, imagine my surprise to see it on this list. I had
fun
playing this game.

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but I don't think anyone should forget how awful Bomberman Zero (360) actually was. It truly stripped away everything that made Bomberman great.

Honestly, I was expecting something a little more controversial, like listing Super Mario Bros. 2, Zelda II, etc.

It's not really interesting to see a list of stuff we already know. :p

I'm perfectly willing to believe Megaman Soccer probably sucked ass and I was just too young to understand. I mean all the robots facing each other at the same time is such a dorkspasm I don't think I should be accountable for my opinion.

Top Bottom